PDA

View Full Version : getDare Video Games

Calcifer
09-20-2014, 08:48 PM
This is for anybody who really just wants to relax and play video games with other gD members (: Just list the games that you want to play, and look for people who want to play th same ones. You could also incorporate dares into the game, if you want.

My games:
- Starcraft II
- Hearthstone
- League of Legends
- Pokémon
- other free online games (or Steam games)

Some dare ideas:
- remove clothing when you lose/die
- loser becomes slave to the winner
- team win/lose dares (i.e. play on the same team and agree to both do something if your team wins/loses)
- score related dares (same team or not, compete for higher scores)

Try to set up a game so that both of you want to win. It can be very annoying when somebody loses on purpose because he wants to do the dare (being a slave, for example). Figure out what you both want before setting up the dare (e.g. If you both love receiving dares, then say that the loser will come up with dares for the winner).

naked_lego
09-21-2014, 01:12 PM
Alright, I'm down. I guess just PM me if you see a game I have that you like. I don't know how often I will check back on this thread but it may be regularly.

Game list: ...well crap, most of the games I play are solo games. The only Online games I play are: Runescape, Combat Arms, Minecraft (but I can't host a server), ...and I think that is it.

All these games are PC version. The only other thing I play is Xbox 360 and I may or may not give out my gamertag. You may have to convince me to do so. For the 360 I have: Grand Theft Auto 5, Call of Duty Black Ops 1&2, Minecraft, Iron Brigade, Halo Reach&4, Most of the free games with gold too.

wedgieslave62
09-21-2014, 01:14 PM
Pm me if anyone wants to play me in Pokémon showdown

Hater
09-21-2014, 01:28 PM
pm me if you wanna play league of legends

Johnyi
09-21-2014, 01:34 PM
league of legends and diablo 3

dare_luke
09-21-2014, 01:38 PM
I would be willing to play games with anyone really. With or without a stake. PM me to discuss.

Xbox360
- COD Ghosts
- COD Black Ops II
- GTA V
- Trials Evolution
- Battlefield 4
- Halo Reach (current free Game for Gold members until end of September)

PC games:
- Dota 2
- Left4Dead 1 & 2
- DEFCON
- Counter Strike: Global Offensive
- Pokemon Showdown

An_Jon
09-21-2014, 01:39 PM
If anyone wants to play Terraria or Hammerwatch online then let me know :)

LexiSlutCD
09-21-2014, 01:56 PM
If anyone's up for some dare-filled League of Legends, pm me ;)

Calcifer
09-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Some of you will be getting a PM from me shortly (: Definitely looking forward to this!

lilsissy
09-21-2014, 07:35 PM
ill wipe the floor with anyone who wants to play starcraft

realwing
09-21-2014, 07:54 PM
I play nearly all major pc games out there, but I think some might be far better than others for online dares. I think games need to be either turn based, for dares involving the game itself, or fast to play, for games with forfeits.

Calcifer
09-21-2014, 08:04 PM
I play nearly all major pc games out there, but I think some might be far better than others for online dares. I think games need to be either turn based, for dares involving the game itself, or fast to play, for games with forfeits.

This is definitely true for some games. If you're playing League of Legends, for example, it's not easy to do a dare whenever something happens (unless you want to suck really badly). And games are long, so the forfeit needs to be worth it.

However, if you're not playing the game seriously then it could be very fun. If you play Starcraft with in-game dares, it could really add a new element to the game (mess with your concentration, force you to pause at crucial moments, etc).

On another note, maybe we could just make a getDare team on League of Legends :D

realwing
09-21-2014, 08:08 PM
This is definitely true for some games. If you're playing League of Legends, for example, it's not easy to do a dare whenever something happens (unless you want to suck really badly). And games are long, so the forfeit needs to be worth it.

However, if you're not playing the game seriously then it could be very fun. If you play Starcraft with in-game dares, it could really add a new element to the game (mess with your concentration, force you to pause at crucial moments, etc).

On another note, maybe we could just make a getDare team on League of Legends :D

I feel league of legends to be a very poor game for dares, although a very good game itself, as you need to concentrate for an average of 30-35 minutes to play the game which has nothing to do with the dare.

However, even though something like starcraft has a similar time frame and input level it doesn't have a background timed element like league.

Thinking about it, you could make league work by playing a dominion map and not capturing any towers. This leaves the game in limbo with no timed element.

Calcifer
09-21-2014, 08:14 PM
I feel league of legends to be a very poor game for dares, although a very good game itself, as you need to concentrate for an average of 30-35 minutes to play the game which has nothing to do with the dare.

However, even though something like starcraft has a similar time frame and input level it doesn't have a background timed element like league.

Thinking about it, you could make league work by playing a dominion map and not capturing any towers. This leaves the game in limbo with no timed element.

Yes, I agree with you. It's hard to incorporate dares into League. Dominion sounds like a very good idea though. If we can get two teams of getDare people to face each other, it could be a lot of fun (: Though I don't know how possible it is to do that.

On that note, if anybody wants to set up a team of getDare users on League, post here or let me know. We could even just mess around in a co-op vs. AI match.

Calcifer
09-23-2014, 01:28 PM
For anybody who is interested in playing games with forfeit dares, this thread (http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=1503593#post1503593) might be easier.

If you just want to play games with people for fun, stay on this thread.

Public pet
09-24-2014, 01:11 AM
my games:
League of Legends - Name: Predatorvaar (EUNE)
Hearthstone - Name: Predatorvaar (#2481)

who wants to play, message me.

killerofdestiny
09-25-2014, 11:15 PM
Ultra street fighter 4 (ps3)

demuze
09-26-2014, 04:33 AM
I've always thought it would be cool to have a GD minecraft online server. If not just for fun, you could always make castles and mazes that have dares and tasks written on signs that you have to do to get to the next room. Just an idea off the top of my head.

Just building fun castles and cities is fun too though.