PDA

View Full Version : Pet Play Food

absnaski
09-13-2014, 01:56 PM
When I do pet play, I feels my pets with different foods.
If you want to stray away from regular dog/cat food and make your own I guess this can e a thread for it.
For my dogs I always have some diversity. Popular one is gravy with meat chunks. That's a reward food.
For anything here's a good mix: I take uncooked rice, lemon juice or vegetable oil and flour. It's blan and doesn't taste all that good.
Kittens I take tuna sometimes plain. Or milk and put flour in it. flour makes a paste that is kind of hard to eat, which is fun to watch them struggle.
Anyone else have good pet food?

justafurry
09-13-2014, 02:37 PM
I already love this thread and hope it keeps going.

I don't have much for you, but if you wanna be a pony, here are obvious and less obvious things you could eat:
Apples and carrots, duh. Whole or cut in half, but no less. It's all about you having to chew a lot.
Other fruits work, you could even turn them into a fruit salad: Grapes, bananas, pears, pineapple and watermelon (which works great for many other animals too!).
Dried breat and raw pasta. Again, it's about chewing. It's hard, watch out. Have lots of water.
A nice one: Oatmeal. Yeah, horses eat oats, what a surprise. But if you make oatmeal, you get delicious mash and every horse loves mash! Make sure to only use hot water, not milk.
And finally: Nettles are okay to eat if you prepare them properly. Look it up, no joke. And horses love them too. Add some to your food.

Emo_puppy
09-14-2014, 10:37 AM
I'm a big fan of this thread too! I also hope it keeps going!

Not that I'm contributing much to the conversation, but I usually just eat straight dog food. Go big or go home I suppose, but I love it :P

Fundareboy
09-14-2014, 01:03 PM
I know this isint contributing either, but what kind of dog food do you eat? the actual hard pebble stuff?

absnaski
09-14-2014, 04:58 PM
I know this isint contributing either, but what kind of dog food do you eat? the actual hard pebble stuff?

Usually dog kibble usually. Sometimes the chunks and gravy stuff but not often, only if I'm nice

SlutPuppy
09-14-2014, 11:51 PM
As a safety note: Eating dog food made for real/bio-dogs is not safe. It's made with things that dogs stomachs can digest easily but our's can't, just keep that in mind. :)

I think for puppy food, maybe some Chex cereal could be a good dry food. Also beef chunks with gravy and peas, which would be messy but hey :p

I'm curious to see what people have used as treats...
I'm thinking of like skittles or marshmallows, or even chips or something like that.

justafurry
09-15-2014, 05:35 AM

Dog joghurt/chocolate treats are pretty addictive. No wonder dogs love them, they're made up of something that makes you get hooked on them. :D
I also love bone-shaped biscuits. These can also be home-made, there are great recipes on about every big cooking website.
And I've had dental sticks, as an alternative to bones (which are a bad idea) - works well even, they're about the chewiest thing I ever tried.