PDA

View Full Version : Dare It - Dare Program for Windows

swich
08-24-2014, 11:23 AM
I have been on this forum for a while, but never bothered to make an account. Because I came up with the idea (Well, more of a lack of programs like this) to make this program, I decided to create an account.

I present you, Dare It

The program gives you a random dare, chosen from the .dare files in the included folder. You have to execute the dare, and if you refuse or fail the given dare, you have to do a punishment, if set.

Currently it has only two dares per category, and you can only play as a men. The current version is more like a showcase of what I have.

Features

When finished, a lot of dares to play with!
Disable a category you don't like.
Dares for Men and Woman
With couple and group dares
Comes with free Timer and Coundown (and soon Digital Dice).
Punishments if you fail or refuse the dare. Punishments can be disabled.
Add your own dares (Not yet implemented)

Screenshots
http://i.imgur.com/h4GMswU.png
The main menu

http://i.imgur.com/aHUMlMe.png
The settings menu

http://i.imgur.com/6vUArHM.png
The program in action

Download
V01: https://www.mediafire.com/?a64zf8zveu44k4u
V02: http://www.mediafire.com/download/78csfbcj244sn56/Dare_It_-_V02.zip
Virus Total: https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/b39c807c39519a6e4a53c240a108a97acac307c85d6ffbc956 5ac02450dc01c5/analysis/1408904680/
A question for you
Since I'm not really good at coming up with dares, I want to ask you to give me dares to add to the program. The dares that are currently added, are just some I copied from the forum. It's like two dares per category. If you know any, post it in the format below.

Category: anal/crossdress/cum/edging/humiliation/kissing/masturbation/oral/others/pain/pee/penetration/public/punishments/teasing
Dare or punishment: Dare or punishment here
Sex: Men, Woman, Men/Woman, Men/Men or Woman/Woman
Single/Couple/Group:

Any comments on this project?

Leopard
08-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Moving this to TorD Online since that's the best place to actually ask for dares. I feel like I've seen fairly comprehensive spreadsheets around with big lists of dares and things, but I don't have any links handy, sorry.

Still, this is pretty awesome, well done.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested it or anything, download things at your own risk, not the site's fault if the program transforms into a robot crab and eats your brain. Make your own decisions.

LunaLux
08-24-2014, 11:44 AM
amazing! I love this idea! :D good job

Jah Brother
08-24-2014, 12:03 PM
I think this is one of the links Leopard may be referring to:
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=32685

And a couple of people on this forum are working on similair programs, maybe you should look around for them and make it a collaboration project

swich
08-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Thanks everyone. I hope that I can add more dares in the next update, and finish the undone features, such as the add dare function and the Digital Dices.

I think this is one of the links Leopard may be referring to:
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=32685

And a couple of people on this forum are working on similair programs, maybe you should look around for them and make it a collaboration project
I will take a look at it, thanks.

I don't feel like starting a collaboration project. I'm doing it because I don't really have something else to do.

Jah Brother
08-24-2014, 01:27 PM
I would like to add this link, plenty of dares
http://www.getdare.com/todarchive/

EDIT: My senior member post :D:D:D GET OFF MY LAWN YOU YOUNGSTERS

swich
08-24-2014, 01:30 PM
I would like to add this link, plenty of dares
http://www.getdare.com/todarchive/

EDIT: My senior member post :D:D:D GET OFF MY LAWN YOU YOUNGSTERS
Thank you, there are some really good dares at that page.

And congratulations :p

JuuEi
08-25-2014, 08:09 AM
Really a nice app.

Though, the settings don't always seem to apply to the game.

I'm eager to see where this goes.

swich
08-25-2014, 09:48 AM
Really a nice app.

Though, the settings don't always seem to apply to the game.

I'm eager to see where this goes.
Thank you. What settings aren't working? I am aware that the Gender settings aren't working, but that's fixed in the last version.

New version! V02

Now with gender control!
Digital Dices
Some bugfixes
Probably something else I forgot

http://www.mediafire.com/download/78csfbcj244sn56/Dare_It_-_V02.zip

The next update will contain dares for every Gender and Category. This version doesn't contain more than the last version, and the dares per gender are the same.

JuuEi
08-26-2014, 06:48 AM
Thank you. What settings aren't working?

For instance when disabling humiliation dares, it would still tell me there are none a few dares later. Works with any category really.

swich
08-28-2014, 07:53 AM
For instance when disabling humiliation dares, it would still tell me there are none a few dares later. Works with any category really.
I never had this problem before. I will keep my eye open for it.

I will update the program soon with more dares.

swich
08-31-2014, 05:53 AM
New version! V03

Shows dare category
Added a few dares (5 dares per category) for both men and woman
Some bugfixes

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hfi0zwykb38bbb5/Dare+It+-+V03.zip

Does anyone know why I can't edit my first post? Can't find the edit button anymore :/

Edit:
It would be very nice to know if anyone actually uses this program, because I am planning on creating more programs if this one is finished. My idea is to recreate party games with dare theming.

Jah Brother
08-31-2014, 07:54 AM
Maybe you can add a ''submit a dare'' function, let people send you suggestions for dares, catagory etc. pre-selected, saves you work, new creative ideas and people feel like they really are part of it.

Only need to filter the garbage, but I am sure you can find a team to do that, I would be willing ;)

swich
08-31-2014, 12:43 PM
Maybe you can add a ''submit a dare'' function, let people send you suggestions for dares, catagory etc. pre-selected, saves you work, new creative ideas and people feel like they really are part of it.

Only need to filter the garbage, but I am sure you can find a team to do that, I would be willing ;)
That's actually not a bad idea at all. I am going to create a webpage where people can submit dares.

JuuEi
09-01-2014, 10:56 AM

Another efficient moderator chiming in.

The latest update seems a bit more stable, not exactly sure what changed though, but the windows seem better.

You could fix that if the countdown has no values entered in one or more of the boxes, it would default to 0. Though if all of the boxes are empty, it would whine.
Also, what's the Timer for, as it doesn't really do much?

With the dice, you could add an option to choose how many dice to roll.

Also, a bit more advanced; if the dare says you should do something for x time, there should be a hidden timer which checks if the user actually did it for the x time and not just plow through completing everything. There should also be an option to turn off in the settings.

Seems like men/men has dares that would also fit to single men, even more so. Surely also applicable for other genders too.

When you press the red X to close the main menu, it would also close all other windows. (currently windows won't let you press it)

Here are some immediate opinions/ideas I ... came up with.

Jah Brother
09-01-2014, 11:03 AM
I was thinking... Maybe... just maybe, if you show up with something detailed, finished, nice looking and great with loads of dares, your program can replace the current frontpage, if the mods allow of course ;)
Would be easier to browse catagories for the people who actually use it, it seems for example that wedgie dares are very popular while some barely get attention.

Kalade
09-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Hey! Great idea.

which language are you using for the program?
Maybe i can help, if you let me look at the code ;)

Just some thoughts/ideas to improve the program:
1) make the MessageBox optional. ( I hate it...)
2) people or gender specific categories (so everyone can choose there limits)
or 3) like/dislike/limits for each person? (dare = like, punishment = dislike, limit... never?)
4) for groups -> randomFunction (optional)
5) easy / medium / hard dares (maybe an option or increasing every round)

greez
kalade

swich
09-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Another efficient moderator chiming in.

The latest update seems a bit more stable, not exactly sure what changed though, but the windows seem better.

You could fix that if the countdown has no values entered in one or more of the boxes, it would default to 0. Though if all of the boxes are empty, it would whine.
Also, what's the Timer for, as it doesn't really do much?

With the dice, you could add an option to choose how many dice to roll.

Also, a bit more advanced; if the dare says you should do something for x time, there should be a hidden timer which checks if the user actually did it for the x time and not just plow through completing everything. There should also be an option to turn off in the settings.

Seems like men/men has dares that would also fit to single men, even more so. Surely also applicable for other genders too.

When you press the red X to close the main menu, it would also close all other windows. (currently windows won't let you press it)

Here are some immediate opinions/ideas I ... came up with.
Thanks for your feedback, I answered your questions:

1. I did some minor changes in the code, nothing special, but it made the program a bit more stable.
2. Thanks for the head up, I will add/change this.
3. I will think about this. Not sure if I'm going to add it.
4. Hmm... Not sure if I will add this. It's not like the program will force you to do anything, I want to keep it 'free'.
5. The Men/Men dares are actually the same as single men (before the update) , I just copied the dares, the only one that are 'working' are the men and woman.
6. It doesn't let it close all other windows, because then it would get some problems with closing the program correctly.

swich
09-03-2014, 07:58 AM
I was thinking... Maybe... just maybe, if you show up with something detailed, finished, nice looking and great with loads of dares, your program can replace the current frontpage, if the mods allow of course
Would be easier to browse catagories for the people who actually use it, it seems for example that wedgie dares are very popular while some barely get attention.
Not sure if you can convert Visual Basic to a website applet, but it would be cool.

Hey! Great idea.

which language are you using for the program?
Maybe i can help, if you let me look at the code

Just some thoughts/ideas to improve the program:
1) make the MessageBox optional. ( I hate it...)
2) people or gender specific categories (so everyone can choose there limits)
or 3) like/dislike/limits for each person? (dare = like, punishment = dislike, limit... never?)
4) for groups -> randomFunction (optional)
5) easy / medium / hard dares (maybe an option or increasing every round)

greez
kalade
I create the program in Visual Basic.

1) Solved in next udate
2) You can select the gender in settings, but only men and woman are working.
3) Again, see the settings menu.
4) I could make that.
5) Not a way, it's really difficult to distinguish easy from medium etc.

A website for the dares are added soon.

therosebride517
09-03-2014, 09:21 AM
I love this program. It's really neat! I am really looking forward to your next iteration. :)

swich
09-03-2014, 01:27 PM
I love this program. It's really neat! I am really looking forward to your next iteration. :)
Thank you ^^

Update!
You can now add suggestions for dares through the website. Just add a dare to the textbox and click 'submit'. The Team login isn't accessible for people without password and username, but it's just the management system. I didn't feel much for styling, so I made it very basic.

http://i.imgur.com/0ZyF118.png

:hittheroad: Click here to acces the site (http://swich.netau.net/)

NOTE:I used the background from this site, if the webmaster/admin/anyone doesn't want me to do, please message me so I can remove/change it!

Jah Brother
09-03-2014, 01:35 PM
You should add something were people can insert their names so they get credits for their dares

swich
09-04-2014, 07:32 AM
You should add something were people can insert their names so they get credits for their dares
Added.

I really need some help with finding dares, like I said, I'm not really good at that.

swich
09-07-2014, 05:17 AM
I just noticed that V01 has over 100 downloads, V02 over 60 and V02 over 50. Much more than expected. Thanks everyone for downloading! I will update the program soon with more dares.

swich
09-16-2014, 11:16 AM
New version! V04

More dares! (Dares for everything, except group.)
Option to disable messages
Countdown improved
Some bugfixes

http://adf.ly/s6w12

redhusky17
09-16-2014, 11:17 PM
You know you can clean up the zip
Dare It.vshost.exe;Dare It.pdb;Dare It.xml;Dare It.exe.config;Dare It.vshost.exe.config;Dare It.vshost.exe.manifest files only need when creating, editing & debuging from visual studio. For somebody who just wants to use it, this files dont need to be there

swich
09-17-2014, 01:00 PM
You know you can clean up the zip
Dare It.vshost.exe;Dare It.pdb;Dare It.xml;Dare It.exe.config;Dare It.vshost.exe.config;Dare It.vshost.exe.manifest files only need when creating, editing & debuging from visual studio. For somebody who just wants to use it, this files dont need to be there
I actually forgot to take those ones out, thanks for the head ups.

TheWildOne
09-17-2014, 02:05 PM
i might have found two bugs.
sometimes: if you start a dare, klick on refuse an then on no, then you can't click on any other button, except "timer", "Countdown" and "Digital Dice"
everytime (tried it ten times): if you start a dare, klick on refuse an then on no, the text for the punishment appears.

swich
09-26-2014, 06:01 AM
i might have found two bugs.
sometimes: if you start a dare, klick on refuse an then on no, then you can't click on any other button, except "timer", "Countdown" and "Digital Dice"
everytime (tried it ten times): if you start a dare, klick on refuse an then on no, the text for the punishment appears.
Probably fixed in the next update, among with some dares.

swich
10-09-2014, 08:20 AM
This weekend I will update the program with more dares. After that I am going to focuss on creating a better and more slick GUI. Not sure how it's going to look, but I will keep you updated.

Racehh100
10-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Maybe an android app?

swich
10-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Maybe an android app?
Android means that I have to redo the program in another language, plus it costs money. So I don't feel like making an android app.

sm_limb
10-10-2014, 04:27 PM
dares dont know if you allready have them, still have to checkout the programm
- dice dare dont wear:

1 top
2 bottem
3 underwear
4 ....

how long:
1 an hour
2 for 2 hours
3 a day
4 ......

- put a naked picture without face on backgroud phone
- put a naked picture with face on background phone
- shave your pubes fully

maybe an idea, as i said didnt see the program yet, but when you get a dice dare that the digital dice is locked to the dare. you have to use it. and than it goes to the next part. as last page of the dare you get an overal of what u rold with the dice. if that makes any sence?

also the site you mentioned earlier is set to be removed?
are you still updating the programm?

swich
10-11-2014, 07:41 AM
dares dont know if you allready have them, still have to checkout the programm
- dice dare dont wear:

1 top
2 bottem
3 underwear
4 ....

how long:
1 an hour
2 for 2 hours
3 a day
4 ......

- put a naked picture without face on backgroud phone
- put a naked picture with face on background phone
- shave your pubes fully

maybe an idea, as i said didnt see the program yet, but when you get a dice dare that the digital dice is locked to the dare. you have to use it. and than it goes to the next part. as last page of the dare you get an overal of what u rold with the dice. if that makes any sence?

also the site you mentioned earlier is set to be removed?
are you still updating the programm?
Thank you for your dare.

I am not sure yet about adding full Dice Dares to the program, since the program is actually random selecting dares for you. I am going to change all the numbers to X, what means that you have to roll the dice to know the X.

About the site, yes. The're currently 2 dares submitted. Thanks Milespiper and jsmith69. But I am going to add a function in the program where you can submit dares. It's much more efficient for me.

GUI update
As I said in the post before, I am going to redesign the program. I designed two important features of the program in Photoshop today, the menu and the dare screen. Please let me know what you think.

Menu
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/0801/gsye4a6u24q984ifg.jpg

Dare screen
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/3333/71z1tonqbcfo7z3fg.jpg

oishii
10-11-2014, 07:56 AM
Hey switch!

The new UI looks really great! I like it.

(As a side not on Android: it doesn't cost money to either develop or have games in the play-store. Only if you charge money for your app, then google will get a % share or your sales. I can, however, fully understand that you don't want to redo all that stuff in a different language.)

swich
10-12-2014, 11:49 AM
I have been busy this weekend, and I finished the new UI. I originally planned to add more dares this weekend, but I didn't really feel like searching for dares, so instead, you get this update.

What's new

Completely redesigned! New UI!
Some bug fixes / improvements

Download V05
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pseswm0hiv86a85/Dare+It+-+V05.zip

Please report any bugs!
(For images, look two posts up!)

Hey switch!

The new UI looks really great! I like it.

(As a side not on Android: it doesn't cost money to either develop or have games in the play-store. Only if you charge money for your app, then google will get a % share or your sales. I can, however, fully understand that you don't want to redo all that stuff in a different language.)
Thank you, I appreciate your answer.

(I thought you had to pay for the Google store, like the Apple store. Hm. I will take a look after finishing the program, because I recently saw a program what you can use to create Android apps with Visual Basic. But that's for later)

alex_carter
10-12-2014, 12:57 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to add punishments. I see a way to add dares, but I had a punishment that could be added for the part where it's just a single girl.

swich
10-12-2014, 01:31 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to add punishments. I see a way to add dares, but I had a punishment that could be added for the part where it's just a single girl.
It's not possible atm, but I will add it in the next update, along with some dares. Thanks for your suggestion!

sm_limb
10-14-2014, 04:20 AM
it looks great
but the dares arend random, as when you start over the same order of dares come

Irishbttm69
10-14-2014, 01:08 PM
I've often thought about creating a program similar to this. Great job! If it's dare resources you need, you'll find a link in my signature to a PDF file i posted some time ago. It's called 'Compiled Dares'. I also have a few VERY large excel spreadsheets that I've run across with a wide variety of dares. PM and give me your email address and I'll send them to you. Anything to help a fellow programmer. :D

_Sex_slave_
10-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Great website, thanks!

Lolascenekid
10-14-2014, 07:47 PM
i found that switching settings mid game doesn't do anything. also a suggestion, maybe have dares that fit multiple catagories but you would have to figure out how to turn them off when one have of the catagory is turned off

swich
10-15-2014, 02:56 AM
it looks great
but the dares arend random, as when you start over the same order of dares come

They are random when I run the program. I will take a look to see if I can find something.

I've often thought about creating a program similar to this. Great job! If it's dare resources you need, you'll find a link in my signature to a PDF file i posted some time ago. It's called 'Compiled Dares'. I also have a few VERY large excel spreadsheets that I've run across with a wide variety of dares. PM and give me your email address and I'll send them to you. Anything to help a fellow programmer. :D

Thank you. PM sent btw.

Great website, thanks!

Thank you. :)

i found that switching settings mid game doesn't do anything. also a suggestion, maybe have dares that fit multiple catagories but you would have to figure out how to turn them off when one have of the catagory is turned off

Yes, I noticed that when you get back to the menu, the dare form didn't unload. I will take a look at this in the next update.

MrPepi
10-15-2014, 11:05 AM
hi,

i just came across this thread, and i love it :D

btw which language do you use?

swich
10-15-2014, 01:21 PM
hi,

i just came across this thread, and i love it :D

btw which language do you use?

Thank you :D

Visual Basic. I use Visual Studio for programming.

swich
11-10-2014, 06:26 AM
Well, It's time to come back. Does anyone have ideas for the program?

swich
11-12-2014, 05:22 AM
I decided that I am going to upload one more version with new functions and dares, and the finish the development. I want to go on with other programs. After the update, I only will do bug fixes, and maybe add some dares, but I am not sure about that.

swich
11-27-2014, 08:27 AM
Dare It - The Singles Update
New version!

New dares for both men and women!
Small bugfixes

Click here to download V06! (http://adf.ly/uhHAQ)

Upcomming update is the Couples update, with new dares for couples!

Note: This is the last time I added dares for men and women.