PDA

View Full Version : The dreaded political debate

lestat221
04-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Hehe... as there is a religious debate, why then should their not be a political one? Now, I realize that a lot of users who browse and write in this forum are not from America, as I am. However, I still think that it'd be interesting to hear everyone's views nonetheless. So please, let's hear em! :D

timmy
04-25-2007, 11:17 PM
i am not from america. but i find the goverment 'ours and yours' (england)

idiots.

here, there taking our money (not mine im too young)

and giving it to the people who have like 5 kids.
when they shouldnt have one.
they having them at like 10.
because there, anti social dirty tramps ^-^ known as the chav

they have 5 kids = they get loads of money from the goverment.

more and more stupid rules which we all need to follow. when i only want to live my life. as according to my religion. i only get 1 of. so why am i being hold back by some people i dont know.

yer i guess if there wasnt any rules it would be pure anarcy.

its nice to do things that the goverment dont want you to do.
eg: graffiti xD

tony blair, isnt going to be prime minister for much longer.
but once hes gone. some other prat will come.
you cant depend on a country being run by a group of people
it needs to be run by all of us.
and letting us just vote, isnt good enough

and why is suiside illegal. =/

my views are stupid. but its 7:17 in the morning.
and i just wanted to rant ^_^

lestat221
04-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Well what exactly are you proposing for your government? That everyone takes turns being the prime minister for two weeks or something?

"We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. All the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more--"

^^Haha name the movie:D ^^ here's a hint: "What are you going to do, bleed on me?"

timmy
04-26-2007, 01:14 PM
yer i know. thats what i hate

i cant ever think of a better way to run it.
but shurely someone can.

im only 16 so i dont pay tax's i dont vote etc so i dont care.

i just dont like how our country is falling.

one day ill understand, and like be-able to talk about it better.

;)

Lonelyangel
04-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Since I'm also from england I'd just like to say that it is highly common for people to despise a government that has been in power nearly ten years and it's not unique to just Tony Blair and the Labour Party, this also happened with Thatcher and the conservatives in the late 80's/early 90's. See i don't think a referendum should be held over every decision that happens in the House of commons, i do believe that a referendum should of most definitely been held over the war on Iraq and the war on terror in Afghanistan. But what i do get pissed at is when people say (not accusing anyone here) that this government does not do anything for us. We are in one of the best countries on earth to life despite teenage pregnancy's and the likes , we have free health care, free education and a place where gun killings are one of the lowest in the world. The following is roughly the stats giving in the Michael Moore documentary bowling for columbine that in the UK with a population of just over 60 million on average 65 shootings each year (the same in other big European countries), in America however with a population roughly 5 or 6 times greater then that of the UK, over 10,000 shootings each year. But i do agree with timmy on one point the successor to Blair (Gordan Brown) is not fit to take over as PM.

the dude
05-01-2007, 03:56 PM
hay for who ever is in america did yall hear about the virginia tech shooting?

Glutgod
05-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Oh yea the gey killed like over 30 people, dang almost beat the record.

the dude
05-01-2007, 05:38 PM
well thry're thinking about outlawing guns because of it! THEY SAID THAT GUNS KILL PEOPLE!:mad: WELL IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE THEN I CAN BLAME MISPELLED WORDS ON MY PENCIL!(or keyboard)! And ya i have like three or four guns at my house and alll of them were boght by my dad. but thats off the point. Just because we have guns does that mean some1 is gonna get shot?!? Those stupid wussie political officials dont understand anything accept for how to talk a lot of crap so people will believe them! Do u agree at all? I wanna know.:D

Lonelyangel
05-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Well to go back to my point about the amount of shootings that took place in the UK and other leading Euro countries in one year compared to the amount that happens in america. There is one major difference between the countries america legalizes guns, could that all be the reason why? Same movies, Same music, same games but we can't buy guns from Walmart, we can't buy guns period! The point is if people have guns it puts temptation in peoples way to solve their problems with guns (i'm not saying everyone but a fair few). The only problem is now for america that so many people have guns that it will be near on impossible to give the guns up.

TrekBoy008
05-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Gun control won't solve the problem in America because if we outlaw guns, people will simply buy them on the black market, the same way that they buy drugs. That being said, their should be more restrictions. Guns are powerful, deadly weapons and people with violent tendencies and/or severe psychological problems should not be allowed to buy guns. Also, I see no reason for high powered fully automatic rifles to be sold to civilians.

the dude
05-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Ill use this statement which sums up wat u just said! OF THEY OUTLAW GUNS THEN ONLY THE OUTLAWS WILL HAV GUNS! AINT THAT WAT U MEANT?

TrekBoy008
05-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Basically. But that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be restrictions on who can own guns and what types of guns are available.

the dude
05-07-2007, 04:15 PM
rite i was talkin to a friend bout that today they agree 2! we both sed that they shud do a phsicolocical backgruond exam and mental health sensory checks and dont sell fully automatic weapons! and semi-auto weapons r fine tho to me!
:D