PDA

View Full Version : Im back again.

freak
12-13-2008, 09:52 PM
I started to get in to all this a while ago but met another normal female and ignored this life style.
But they never work, I cant have a normal relationship with someone.

I find the 'normal' life style very boring, I have always felt old fashion views and beliefs where far better for running the world, yeah I guess there was some assholes who miss treated the situations to abuse women and that and thats why there is no 1950s type households now.

But I go to S&M personals and find many woman that also want to live this way, I guess I am just trying to understand why I am like this. :o

I have never hurt a woman or anything and wouldnt be turned on by doing so, Im not a controlling person overall or even a asshole.
But at the end of the day I would like to live my life like they did back in the 'old days'.

The trouble is I also have a daughter from a failed relationship and I dont wanna bring her up thinking everyone in the world would live like that because;
What if she married a asshole?, she would be more inclined to accept it and be treated like crap if she saw me being more dom with my partner.
But I guess, because I would also respect my partner she would see that a male is meant to respect their partner?
I dont know, feeling very lost haha.
I wish I was a teenager again, I knew everything.

lydiab6
12-25-2008, 09:18 AM
As I'm sure you know, there is a large difference between abuse and a Ds relationship. Having said that, there are certain aspects that to someone not familiar with the lifestyle can view as abusive.

It may be an idea to tone down your direct dominance in front of your daughter. Your partner would still be respectful of you, and you would still be in control, but you would show more of the respect and cohesiveness your relationship forms as opposed to the aspects that can be viewed as abusive to someone who doesn't understand.

Since you seem to still be figuring out what you want, and what makes you tick, now would be a good time to look for information on having children while participating in this type of lifestyle, some people have really great advice.

Good luck with your self discovery, sorry if this reply has not helped.

SubMissChievous
12-31-2008, 05:18 PM
@ Freak: I can understand your concerns regarding your daughter and being involved in a D/s relationship. Like Lydia said all things don't have to be done "right in front of her" and the dynamic can be more subtle in such circumstances. I could be wrong but I think if you're a good and loving dom it would not bring her to see you or marry an asshole. Assholes are generally bullies and not really dominants in my opinion.

That being said I think the best possible thing for you would be to have the ability to discuss these things with other people involved in such relationships and who have children. Maybe you do already know about fetlife.com... but just in case you don't it is like facebook for bdsm... There are many discussion groups there where you can interact with other members with similar interests, etc. There are 2 groups that could be of interest for you that I found: "Balancing "Normal" and Kinky" and "Kinky Parents". I do believe there are also some group(s) about 1950s Household lifestylers...

Anyway, best of luck to you (and your daughter) :)

freak
01-10-2009, 05:05 PM
@ Freak: I can understand your concerns regarding your daughter and being involved in a D/s relationship. Like Lydia said all things don't have to be done "right in front of her" and the dynamic can be more subtle in such circumstances. I could be wrong but I think if you're a good and loving dom it would not bring her to see you or marry an asshole. Assholes are generally bullies and not really dominants in my opinion.

That being said I think the best possible thing for you would be to have the ability to discuss these things with other people involved in such relationships and who have children. Maybe you do already know about fetlife.com... but just in case you don't it is like facebook for bdsm... There are many discussion groups there where you can interact with other members with similar interests, etc. There are 2 groups that could be of interest for you that I found: "Balancing "Normal" and Kinky" and "Kinky Parents". I do believe there are also some group(s) about 1950s Household lifestylers...

Anyway, best of luck to you (and your daughter) :)

wow thanks, both of you, I will check that site out.
LOL na Im not a asshole. if I ever get married I would love and respect my wife, but I think you got what I mean.