PDA

View Full Version : Riddle Me This...

Ransom6626
06-08-2014, 09:50 AM
Hey everyone! Just had an idea for an awesome game and thought you all might enjoy it! (if this has been done/is being done elsewhere on the forums I apologize)

Basically, people can post riddles and what they will give the first user who guesses the riddle right.

I'll go first as an example.

Wager: 5 Truths.

Riddle: What can roar but has no mouth, breath but has no lungs, and die but never live?

Any takers?

businky
06-08-2014, 09:52 AM
wind!

thats my guess

Ransom6626
06-08-2014, 09:58 AM
nope! Thanks for guessing though!

AlanMonk
06-08-2014, 10:29 AM
Fire would be my guess.

Komodo Jones
06-08-2014, 10:36 AM
I don't have a guess but I'll take a part in this.

Wager: 10 truths or 4 truths and a dare within my limits you choice.

You are in a room that has nothing but 100 opaque 2-liter bottles. You are told that one or more of those bottles have liquid inside of them. How many bottles have liquid inside them?

Nwbie
06-08-2014, 10:51 AM
I don't have a guess but I'll take a part in this.

Wager: 10 truths or 4 truths and a dare within my limits you choice.

You are in a room that has nothing but 100 opaque 2-liter bottles. You are told that one or more of those bottles have liquid inside of them. How many bottles have liquid inside them?

I would say none since you said nothing but 100 bottles

Komodo Jones
06-08-2014, 10:56 AM
I would say none since you said nothing but 100 bottles

Interesting logic but no. The riddle itself says that one or more of those bottles have liquid in it so the answer zero is impossible.

Ransom6626
06-08-2014, 11:50 AM
Fire would be my guess.

That would be correct good sir!

I'm interested in seeing how this logic plays out. For now the first step I can think of is to test the boundary conditions so... 1?

NJTallGuy
06-08-2014, 12:05 PM
I would guess that all 100 bottles have an opaque liquid in them.

Komodo Jones
06-08-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm interested in seeing how this logic plays out. For now the first step I can think of is to test the boundary conditions so... 1?

With a completely random guess Ransom6626 has gotten the correct answer. Here's how the logic plays out each one of the bottles is opaque so there's obviously no way to see inside them. The logic behind this puzzle is to pay attention to the words closely. You are told that one or more of these bottles have liquid in them so you know the answer has to be at least one. But the key word in that phrase is that you are told that one OR more of these bottles have liquid in them. That means you only have two answers to chose from; one or more. Since you can't define the parameters on the answer of more, there is no way to solve the riddle so the only answer you are left with in where you are able to solve the riddle is one. It may be a bit complicated, convoluted and some people may think it's cheap but that's the way riddles are sometimes.

Ransom6626
06-09-2014, 06:50 AM
With a completely random guess Ransom6626 has gotten the correct answer. Here's how the logic plays out each one of the bottles is opaque so there's obviously no way to see inside them. The logic behind this puzzle is to pay attention to the words closely. You are told that one or more of these bottles have liquid in them so you know the answer has to be at least one. But the key word in that phrase is that you are told that one OR more of these bottles have liquid in them. That means you only have two answers to chose from; one or more. Since you can't define the parameters on the answer of more, there is no way to solve the riddle so the only answer you are left with in where you are able to solve the riddle is one. It may be a bit complicated, convoluted and some people may think it's cheap but that's the way riddles are sometimes.

That isn't really a proof so much as an explanation of why I guessed 1. There is no logical prerogative to exclude 'more' aside from the fact that you can't be certain what 'more' is defined as. But you can't be certain it is one either. The whole thing is just an inequality n>_1 which has no defined value.

But yay I got it right!

so here are my 10 truths!

1. Proudest moment of your life?
2. Most shameful moment of your life?
3. What single moment has defined who you are the most?
4. Where do you find your self-worth?
5. If you had to be fucked by any pokemon, which would it be and why?
6. Favorite color?
7. Favorite smell?
8. What is the most exciting thing you have ever done?
9. Favorite moment you have had on GD?
10. Least favorite moment you have had on GD?

Ransom6626
06-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Any more takers or riddle makers?

I will do another riddle so this bump is not completely bereft of value.

Wager: Will follow any one rule for a day (within limits)

Riddle: A King marries off both of his daughters within the same month. He decides to divide his lands between them for a dowry. His lands are divided into three squares, each of which share two corners with the others, forming a triangle, with two of the squares meeting at a right angle.

Knowing only this, the king's wise councilor immediately knows how do evenly divide the land so as to be fair to both sisters. How does he divide the land and why?

_Sex_slave_
06-16-2014, 04:31 AM
Wager: 5 truths

Riddle:
As I was going to St. Ives,
I met a man with seven wives,
Each wife had seven sacks,
Each sack had seven cats,
Each cat had seven kits:
Kits, cats, sacks, and wives,
How many were there going to St. Ives?

businky
06-16-2014, 04:32 AM

Riddle:
As I was going to St. Ives,
I met a man with seven wives,
Each wife had seven sacks,
Each sack had seven cats,
Each cat had seven kits:
Kits, cats, sacks, and wives,
How many were there going to St. Ives?

only you my dear Watson :)

_Sex_slave_
06-16-2014, 04:43 AM
only you my dear Watson :)

?????????????????

businky
06-16-2014, 04:44 AM
?????????????????

wow, so much for a whole sentence you give.

i meant: there was only 1 person going: you

_Sex_slave_
06-16-2014, 04:45 AM
wow, so much for a whole sentence you give.

i meant: there was only 1 person going: you

I feel really stupid haha. Yeah you are correct

kinkicamslave
06-16-2014, 09:30 AM
That would be correct good sir!

surely something has to be living to then die??

MasterByRemote
06-16-2014, 01:06 PM

Riddle: there is only one in every corner and only two in every room and none in any building. What is it?

Enjoy!
MBR

Nwbie
06-16-2014, 04:27 PM
Any more takers or riddle makers?

I will do another riddle so this bump is not completely bereft of value.

Wager: Will follow any one rule for a day (within limits)

Riddle: A King marries off both of his daughters within the same month. He decides to divide his lands between them for a dowry. His lands are divided into three squares, each of which share two corners with the others, forming a triangle, with two of the squares meeting at a right angle.

Knowing only this, the king's wise councilor immediately knows how do evenly divide the land so as to be fair to both sisters. How does he divide the land and why?

This is so simple :P

Would have beeen more fun if you said blobs that were identical in shape with each one right side to form the triangle.

Anyway if you know the theorem of Pythagoras this is as easy as it gets.
the two that have a rigth angle go to one daughter and the big square to the other.

So for anytime you name is said either your last or your first or both you most orgasm once within 24 hours of it being said. (it's only fair that you go out for at least 3 or 4 hours)

If you fail report back for a punishment, lets see how well you can take this.
I'm hoping for you your name doesn't get said to often heheheh :sado:

Ransom6626
06-16-2014, 06:41 PM
surely something has to be living to then die??

It is a play on the common terminology associated with a fire. Often, when a fire goes out, it is said to die. (similar to batteries) However, fires are not able to make coherent choices for the purpose of prolonging their existence, and therefore cannot be said to be living.

Would have beeen more fun if you said blobs that were identical in shape with each one right side to form the triangle.

the two that have a rigth angle go to one daughter and the big square to the other.

So for anytime you name is said either your last or your first or both you most orgasm once within 24 hours of it being said. (it's only fair that you go out for at least 3 or 4 hours)

I'm hoping for you your name doesn't get said to often heheheh

I see GD has a fellow math fan!!! I will do the dare tomorrow. Have a feeling I will be in for a long day!

Anal_Whore
06-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Wait, math? I've totally got this:

Riddle (ish): Provide a rigorous mathematical proof for why x * 0 = 0 for all integers x. By rigorous mathematical proof, I mean you should only use the axioms of the integers.

Wager: 30 minute "truth" session on Skype - any info gained from the truths can be used to "motivate" me to continue obeying you

RiskyFlame
06-17-2014, 03:13 AM
Riddle: What goes on four, then on two and then on three?

Wager: Either I follow two (not extreme) rules or I'll do a dare and write a report. (Only the one who gave the correct answer to the riddle can give me the dare or rules.)

businky
06-17-2014, 03:22 AM
Riddle: What goes on four, then on two and then on three?

Wager: Either I follow two (not extreme) rules or I'll do a dare and write a report. (Only the one who gave the correct answer to the riddle can give me the dare or rules.)

a man during life: young 4, normal 2, aged 3 (with a stick)

Demon Thief
06-17-2014, 03:38 AM

Riddle: there is only one in every corner and only two in every room and none in any building. What is it?

Enjoy!
MBR

The letter "O".

Riddle: Where can you find roads without cars, forests without trees, and cities without houses?

Wager: Five truths

businky
06-17-2014, 03:41 AM
The letter "O".

Riddle: Where can you find roads without cars, forests without trees, and cities without houses?

Wager: Five truths

on a map :) you can find these things :)

RiskyFlame
06-17-2014, 03:48 AM
a man during life: young 4, normal 2, aged 3 (with a stick)

Correct. Choose the wager you want. Or not :p

Ransom6626
06-17-2014, 06:34 AM
Dang Businky, you are a regular riddle master!! (maybe I should invent ranks hmm...)

Let's see if you can take on this!!

Wager: 50 sentences of your choosing. Will submit photo proof.

Riddle: So here is how my riddle will work: I am going to say three numbers, that follow a particular rule in my head. Your goal is to guess the rule. To give you some help, anyone may submit a set of three numbers, and I will say weather or not they fit my rule.

The sequence is: 2,4,8

-Glück!

businky
06-17-2014, 06:40 AM
Dang Businky, you are a regular riddle master!! (maybe I should invent ranks hmm...)

Riddle: So here is how my riddle will work: I am going to say three numbers, that follow a particular rule in my head. Your goal is to guess the rule. To give you some help, anyone may submit a set of three numbers, and I will say weather or not they fit my rule.

-Glück!

trick question:

if you follow the rule that the subsequent number is the double then it should be 16.

if you follow the rule that the subsequent number is the multiplicatin of the 2 numbers before it should be 2x4=8 , then result you look
for should be 4x8 = 32

so which rule was it?

clever,was? ;)

Ransom6626
06-17-2014, 06:47 AM
Neither of those rules are my rule. ;)

I suggest proposing a sequence, that is how you gain information in this little game :cool:

businky
06-17-2014, 06:55 AM
Neither of those rules are my rule. ;)

I suggest proposing a sequence, that is how you gain information in this little game :cool:

how bout 10? hex version of 16

or ploynom association 7004? (Lagrange)

Ransom6626
06-17-2014, 06:57 AM
how bout 10? hex version of 16

or ploynom association 7004?

a sequence is a set of numbers, not just one.....

and neither of those are my rule

for example, 20,40,60 also follows my rule. (this is the last hint I'm giving)

Komodo Jones
06-25-2014, 11:45 AM
Don't have another riddle in my head right now BUT I will be posting my truths in my own truth thread, the link can be found in my signature also because some of these truths require a lot of thought, they may take a while to be answered.

PlagueBringer
06-25-2014, 12:00 PM
What has a tongue but can never speak a word?

businky
06-25-2014, 12:03 PM
What has a tongue but can never speak a word?

a shoe? heard a similar: tongue but never talks, walks but has no legs :)

PlagueBringer
06-25-2014, 12:05 PM
a shoe? heard a similar: tongue but never talks, walks but has no legs :)

You've got it. I couldn't remember the exact one so I just went with that one. You can send me the truths by PM.

PlagueBringer
06-25-2014, 02:33 PM
Samuel was out for a walk and it started to rain. He did not have an umbrella and he wasn't wearing a hat. His clothes were soaked, yet not a single hair on his head got wet.

How could this be?

Wager: 5 truths.

yourmother
06-25-2014, 02:55 PM
I really like this idea but maybe there should be punishment for getting it wrong? Maybe the person who guesses wrong has to do the wager.

Fundareboy
06-25-2014, 02:56 PM
Plague bringer: he was bald!

Ransom6626
06-25-2014, 03:24 PM
Don't have another riddle in my head right now BUT I will be posting my truths in my own truth thread, the link can be found in my signature also because some of these truths require a lot of thought, they may take a while to be answered.

Thank you for putting so much effort into answering the questions! And for posting about it here!

I really like this idea but maybe there should be punishment for getting it wrong? Maybe the person who guesses wrong has to do the wager.

I think this is a fantastic idea! But I'll add a little twist.

From now on: When posting a riddle, you may also add what the punishment is for getting guessing incorrectly.

Ransom6626
06-25-2014, 03:39 PM

I'm hoping for you your name doesn't get said to often heheheh :sado:

Sorry for the delay in reporting on this, I have been swamped!

So luckily for me I have several nicknames, my name was only said 5 times.

However I did misread the rule, and assumed that all the orgasms had to be done in the same session.

I have been working on my endurance, so I took 20 minutes to finish my first. I have also been working on multiple orgasms and have found that by contracting my Kegles REALLY hard right before orgasm, I can ejaculate without actually "cumming". Using this method, I managed to orgasm 2 more times within 10 minutes or so. I had to rest for another 20 or so before managing to knock out the last two. All in all, it was a very exhausting day!

PlagueBringer
06-25-2014, 07:04 PM
Plague bringer: he was bald! That you are correct, send me the questions via Pm.

Izon
06-25-2014, 08:30 PM

-Glück!

3, 9, 27? If so the rule is the number raised to each power. 2^1 = 2, 2^2 = 4, and 2^3 = 8.

Edit: Nevermind, I missed your last hint. Still curious if 3, 9, 27 follows.

Ransom6626
06-25-2014, 08:43 PM
3, 9, 27? If so the rule is the number raised to each power. 2^1 = 2, 2^2 = 4, and 2^3 = 8.

Edit: Nevermind, I missed your last hint. Still curious if 3, 9, 27 follows.

3,9,27 follows my rule.

Demon Thief
06-25-2014, 11:27 PM
Riddle: What unites two people, but touches only one?

Wager: 5 truths.