PDA

View Full Version : The dreaded religion conversation

the dude
04-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Hay wateva ur religion tell it and if unusual explain it to us! Im wiccan wat r u? P.S.
If u dont know wat wicca is (:confused:) just say and ill tell.;)

come on people this could be a deep conversation:(

Smile Guy
04-12-2007, 04:28 AM
What is religion? Did you know that religion is merely a western ideaology and eastern societies have no true concept of the world despite having what we consider religion in their culture.

the dude
04-12-2007, 05:07 AM
thats very interesting

i guess religion is a certain belief or sub-culture

but who r we to judge in our infinate universe of fluxuating beliefs making your question moot
:cool:

Lonelyangel
04-12-2007, 08:00 AM
I consider myself agnostic, it's so difficult to decide, apart of me finds it hard to believe in humanity let alone a god when i see so much suffering on this earth to those who don't deserve yet i.e the people in the L.E.D.Cs, yet those in the M.E.D.Cs have very little to complain about yet extract all the potential sources of wealth from the L.E.D.Cs and use them for even more personal gain.
Yet on the other hand it's so difficult to believe that everything that happens is just an accident and that after we are done in this life then we are done in all ways. But this could me more a fear that this is it, rather then the believe that this is it. I guess we are never gonna know until it's all over are we.

the dude
04-12-2007, 04:34 PM
You know i agree with you in a lot of ways

But one of the beliefs in wicca is Karma. But one of the wiccan things that we will say is to do as you will as it harm none. that is relating to Karma and the wiccan rule about Karma is that whatever you do comes back to you times three. In other words what you do comes back three times as bad or good as whatever you've did to bring the Karma upon yourself. But for the people who know all of this it is actually times ten.

and another thing we believe in is a fifth element called, Akasha. Akasha is the spiritual energy of of all that exist

but i still agree with you and we dont know the real truth until the end and no one ever will untill their end.

Lonelyangel
04-13-2007, 11:55 AM
So does that mean say i do something bad to someone, that 3 people will do something bad to me?

nina
04-13-2007, 12:08 PM
I am a deist, basically, I believe that God created the world then left it alone. Some modifications on this, but mostly this.

Lonelyangel
04-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Nina i think that out of most religious beliefs is one that has a good chance of being close to the truth, because this life seems to perfect (in the sense of like right amount of gases in air, perfect distance away from the sun etc.(not in terms of famine and torture etc.)) but look at tall the bad thats happened since the start of this world, that a god of the power that most major religions claim that s/he has could of stopped it with ease.

Wcbrown514
04-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Ok I will post this because I found it and it was cool.

Does Evil Exist? The University professor challenged his students with this question. "Did God create everything that exists?" A student bravely replied, "Yes he did!" "God created everything?" The professor asked. "Yes sir", the student replied. The professor answered, "If God created everything, then God created evil, since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are, then God is evil." The students became quiet before such an answer. The professor, quite pleased with himself, boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question professor?" "Of course", replied the professor. The student stood up and asked, "Professor does cold exist?" "What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?" The students snickered at the young man's question. The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-460? F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat."

The student continued, "Professor, does darkness exist?" The professor responded, "Of course it does." The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of Darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?" Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course as I have already said. We see it everyday. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil. To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light." The professor sat down.

the dude
04-13-2007, 01:03 PM
I still totally agree with you!

And did you know that a lot of the religions like christianity were created to scare people into doing what they wanted. The romans made christianity to put the fear of god into people and the romans only did that for power and used it to control the people and that is how they were such a powerfull country. And hitler basicly did almost the same thing even though he just blamed everything on the jews! And hitler thought that he was the messiah. So the bible just caused a lot of the dictatorship in the world! And did you know that there was a library of alexandria and the it had all of the knowledge in the known world at that time in it. And the christians burned it down! and they built it back up and it happened 3 more times! Just think about all of the knowledge that was lost! All because that the christians didnt want people to know! They basicly say that having free thought is evil and its devil worship!But no offence if you are a christian though. But they even killed all of the people that contributed to the knowledge! But that was in the time of Alexander the great if you've heard of him. And if you tell a christian that you're a different religion than them like wicca which isnt even like a religion you could almost consider it a hobby but they'll say that you worship the devil and try to convert you! And I had a girlfreind who thought that and she tried to make me a christian so I saw that she wasnt openminded so i broke up with her right there! But just being a different religion doesnt mean your in a colt or worshiping the devil and thats a very negative stereotype of wicca which isnt true! But not all christians think that some are open minded and i think its fine to worship who you want and to believe who you want and i agree with what you said about why god couldnt just as easily fixed it. And did you know that it is a proven fact that christianity is the largest colt in the world and thats a fact not what i say. I mean think about it they used it to control people isnt that what a colt does? And the only other wiccan person i know is my dad. So thats not a colt and its not very public. But like the goverment uses christianity to get people to follow laws. Like a drug addict will say that one day they saw god and they stopped and found god instead. But they could have got too high or some thing because i only hear things like that from past drug addicts that said they found god. and people say god is mad at them when they do something bad! Thats how the goverment uses it! And I find it hard to believe that one being could just basicly say poof your all here! And if so for what just so he could watch us sffer because if there were a god why didnt he rid the world of bad! And basicly if it was true is saying worship my and do only that or you cant have another chance and your going to hell because if there really were a god he should be so ashamed of us bitches that he would probably blow us up and start over! and what about dinosaurs the bible doesnt mention them! so tell me if you agree and what you think.;)

Wcbrown514
04-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Ok on the subject of the roman comment I have this to say, wait and I forgot to tell you I have been studying roman history for almost 10 yrs. now, any who...The Roman Empire was established around 3000 yrs. before Christ, they reached Pax Romana during the reign of Caesar Augustus and after 4 more emperor the roman empire began to fall in 100 A.D. Now Caesar ruled almost 200 yrs. before Christ was born. There for when you say that Rome used Christianity to gain power I would have to say you are wrong, but I will provide more evidence. Now as you might know or might not, The Roman Empire was a pagan empire until emperor Constantine came around and by the time he came the western half of roman had fallen to the barbarians. Also until he came along the Christians were persecuted for the belief in one God. Now seeing as how the Empire was falling when Constantine took the throne and during Pax Romana the Christians were persecuted, then once again you are completely and utterly wrong. Now this only explains you comment on Rome I will be back in a minute to prove your comment about Hitler wrong as well. Oh and I am a Christian.

Lonelyangel
04-14-2007, 03:24 AM
Also Hitler did not blame EVERYTHING on the Jewish people, before anyone starts having ago at me, I'm not claiming the holocaust didn't happen or anything, all I'm saying is that he had many other targets as well that were a potential threat to his 'master' or 'Aryan' race. A list which includes Homosexuals (he tried to stop them breeding, which lets face it was a bit silly on his part), Travelers or gypsies, Mentally handicapped, physically handicapped, and all non-whites basically, despite his inclusion of a token non-Aryan in the 1936 Berlin olyimpic games. Hitlers ideology about race actually came from a 19th century hierarchy on race that placed Africans and Aboriginal Australians on the lowest rung, and put northern Europeans at the top.

Wcbrown514
04-14-2007, 05:55 AM
Also when you say Christians always think you worship the devil?!?! I have never actually heard that said because in reality there are few religions that do worship satan and most are called satanists. Also on your comment about Hitler claiming to be the messiah....well that is just no, because in his speeches he Hitler said he was doing the work of God, but he never claimed he was God. Well I guess I can pretty much say you were absolutely wrong about on the points you attempted to make.

Wcbrown514
04-14-2007, 06:00 AM
Ok sorry I left out one point you made the one about our government using...are you retarded?!?! I mean seriously are you? Or are you just dead? You would have to be dead because you have been here for the past few yrs. when the government has slowly taken out every trace of religion in it. Man I am just realizing that you just wasted most of your time typing this be long post and it was all a waste. That is a shame...

the dude
04-14-2007, 07:28 AM
this was just a waste of typing!:mad:

Wcbrown514
04-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Now was it a waste of typing because you were wrong or because you think I am close minded because I asure I am not as close minded as you think.

TrekBoy008
04-14-2007, 11:00 AM
I am a deist, basically, I believe that God created the world then left it alone. Some modifications on this, but mostly this.

Wow, its nice to meet a fellow Deist.

the dude
04-23-2007, 09:31 PM
ok wcbrown514 i do accept that and i never said all people are close minded just the largest sum and a lot of people arent but even more are and im not saying all people are cuz im not and u hav the right to believe wat u want and i used the wrong phrasing in wat i said before and if i said it right u would probably agree or not its ur decicion!:D

lestat221
04-25-2007, 09:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ-kvw1fYXs

...yeah :D

timmy
04-25-2007, 11:23 PM
religion causes wars D:

im tottaly well. i dont know what its called.

i belive in science.
big bang. evolution. etc etc

is that scienctology =/

i hate religion. sorta.
im not a hater of people with religion. lol dont get me wrong

all my friends have different religions

its just...

people fight over the a big invisible man who no-one has seen in the sky.

just sounds daft to me.

im good at science and after learning it.
i could never be a religion that belives in something in the sky.

anyone heard of the religion 'jedi'

i allways put that if anyone asks / have to write down. my religion

its a cool religion

lestat221
04-26-2007, 12:53 PM
I looked into Jediism for a while (yes, it is a real religion that is recognized by governments and everything... hell they can perform marriages)... and it does seem very interesting, but I couldn't really get into it.

The Jediism Website (http://www.thejediismway.org)

It pretty much takes jedi teachings from the movie and religious ideas from eastern religions and combines them. Like I said, it's interesting and made me think, but not for me.

timmy
04-26-2007, 01:12 PM
it was made, in england ( i think ).

im guessing you know what a cencus is.

were you have to fill in details about yourself.

well years back. some people wanted to piss off the goverment.
if you get more then 20,000 people to agree with a religion.
well it becomes a religion.

they sent out 10's of thousands of emails to people
infact my maths teacher was one of the people fill in. agreeing with it.

so yer. it was made as a joke. but some people do take it seriously.
theres 2 sides to it. :)

the dude
04-26-2007, 07:17 PM
I just think that the christian idea of a magical giant dude liveng in a mythical parallell dimension they call heaven and no 1 has seen him since the bible was written and they believe that som make believe dude they've never seen ever can heal people and even walk on water. OK THINK ABOUT THIS PEOPLE! What if some1 wrote a bible about how superman saved the world and they were a dictator and put u at gunpoint and said u will beleive this or u will die! YOU hav 2 choices and all the young children would grow up unquestioning and beleiving it and never knowing the truth and the dictators wud kill all the people hoo knew hoo superman was in real life. That is wat that the romans did with christianity and then they killed all the people hoo kneww wat it really was. But they used swords instead of guns of course! Just think about it the bible basicly says that in the begining of time sum entity just said poof all of this crap is just gonna be here for my amusement ! Well not exactly like that cuz they didnt make a point about it for his amusement tho! But tell me if u agree in any way or not cuz i wanna know wat other people than me think cuz im bored!:mad: