PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Slave/Master section moderator.

depp
04-09-2007, 09:05 PM
I am looking for a person who would only moderate the Slave/Master and Punishment sections of this site.

Responsibilities:
Fixing incorrect thread title formatting. (You read the post, get the details, and correct the title)
Enforcing site rules and regulations.
Moving posts to their appropriate area.
Sending terrible posts the trashcan.
Locking inappropriate threads.

Applicant Requirement:
Must already visit this section regularly already.
Post history must follow our existing rules.
Must have a basic grasp of the English language.
Must get along well with others.

To Apply:
Reply to this thread with why you would make a great Slave/Master section moderator.
Give three examples of bad posts currently in the Slave/Master section and describe how you would fix them. Each post should have a different problem. You will be judged on your solution and the posts you choose to fix.

Don't Apply If:
You joined last month.
You don't read this section regularly.
You post lots of useless content.
You can't write a proper English sentence.
You have a history of not following site rules.
You don't want me investigating your account/browsing habits/posts.

Longtime users with low post counts can still apply. If you post an intelligent response with to this thread you will be considered.

When a candidate has been chosen I will close this thread. This position might evolve into a full moderator position over time.

depp=noob=lol
04-10-2007, 02:15 AM
i guess that spitfire2 apply here, just check his post in the Staff Award Part 1 thread:

i deserve a nomination all the money i am spending on slaves

so... interesting if he will find this thread :p

Maverick
04-10-2007, 08:31 AM
I visit the slave Master Site regularly, second perhaps only to the story section. I've moderated sites before (though not getdare) that weighed heavily on forums and user interaction, so I'm experienced in dealing with people through these mediums, as well as working with other moderators. I've been on this site for a while, though only recently have I been visiting regularly. Thus, I've learned my way around and am familiar with the rules (albeit, not infalible, I've made the one mistake necessary to fully learn the system). I'd happily look over the rules more thuroughly if I'm to be enforcing them. I'll be happy to answer any questions as well.

On to corrections:

The first one I'd examine would be female14mistress's "Looking for younger cam slaves (I can't read!)" The first step would be to edit the title. Looking at her post history, I can discover that she is a 15/f, and that would be entered into the title. I would then copy and paste the rules and formatting stickies into a PM and send it to her, in case she in fact cannot read those.

2/3: Abbydancer626's "F/13 seeks M/12-14": Her message simply says "please be my slave", with more exclamation points than letters. Technically this follows all the rules, but I'd post a message suggesting that she give a little bit more information, perhaps about her contact info or experience and style.

3/3: camslaveM's "m slave 30 seeks 18+ Mistress": Well, very little information, just a link to a few pictures. As this is technically against the "don't post pictures" rule, especially considering that, with the two photos that loaded before I closed the window, he should've at least posted a content warning. Step one: PM him a message about the rules regarding pictures, and a little foot note about courtesy warnings. Step two: get rid of the post (or, if possible, simply edit the link out of the post, then post a little explanation reply with a suggestion that fewer pictures and more information might be a better choice, especially since pictures get removed leaving him with nothing. Sorry about the long parenthetical.)

userben
04-10-2007, 11:21 AM
depp your title is save and master shouldnt it be slave amd master lol:confused: :) :D ;)

Glutgod
04-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Lol yea but this is a good idea the Slave/master section is out of order, I never visit there so I can't really appli, but a good idea.

userben
04-11-2007, 09:28 AM
im always in the slave and master forums i would do it but i would get sick of warnig everyone andfixing titles

Smile Guy
04-11-2007, 10:42 AM
This is a warning to a potential new mod... the Slave/Master section is probably the worst section of the forums in regards to the amount of rule-breaking that goes on there. IT IS A CHALLENGE!

Manbearpig
04-11-2007, 06:10 PM
I have been a member of the site for a long time. I visit the slave/master section daily. Although I do not post in there often, I always see what is going on and I love the punishment section. I have been a mod on another web site before, although it has never been and never will be as big as getdare. I will try to tell the users already to post there asl on a post and if needed I report their posts. Although this does not already work, I try my best. I am great working with other people and I will always try to do my best on a task given to me.

Corrections:

Yesterday a thread saying "looking for a slave" was posted by hotnpimpin. I would first change the title to 18/m looking for a female slave. I would either post or PM the user not to do this again. If he did do this again, I would leave it up to Depp to see what the punishment should be.

Dayton today posted "I need a master". I would first search to see if I could find her Age or Sex. If not possible, I would PM this user if on. If that failed, I would PM the user to elaborate and tell her to next time she is looking for a master to please elaborate more. I would then post to please elaborate after that.

Naughtygirl108 posted a thread on March 24 stating "Can I be your b****. First I would remove the swear and tell her not to ask for pictures. I would ask her if she was online since she left her AIM and I would try to find out her Age or Sex. I would then if needed change to "I cannot read" as Chaing has suggested before.

userben
04-12-2007, 04:05 PM
This is a warning to a potential new mod... the Slave/Master section is probably the worst section of the forums in regards to the amount of rule-breaking that goes on there. IT IS A CHALLENGE!

lol it total a understatement it is really bad you some time get like 10 new post all with wrong title and other stuff

depp
04-13-2007, 02:37 AM
I like what both Maverick and dabear have said so far. Any others? :D

depp
05-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Ok. I know how I am going to end this.

If Maverick replies to this thread first he will become the slave/master moderator.
If dabear replies first he will become the slave/master moderator.

I need somebody who reads the site a lot. :D

I'll be watching ;)

Dare861
05-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Lol i like that ending, Depp :p
Anyone care to place bets?

EDIT:

Currently Active Users: 31 (10 members and 21 guests)
View Who's Online
Most users ever online was 84, 03-29-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Daredude861, Maverick, depp, nathanv, spat, male slave, Eckoh, CyberStorm, kinkymister, i own you

:O

Maverick
05-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Hmm. Interesting conclusion. I don't know what that says about me, but whatever.

I put 1 million dollars on me

*Runs through the tape on the finish line*

depp
05-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Hehe. This will be final soon.

depp
05-07-2007, 04:27 PM
It is done!

To edit titles double click them (just off to the side of the link area) in the thread view list. If you need any help figuring out how to use the moderation tools please PM me. :D