LIFE< THE UNIVERSE< AND EVERYTHING?

Hugs and Kisses
Sandy

doomed_soul89
11-08-2008, 03:46 PM
That's easy sex, and now to type extra words

Insomnia
11-08-2008, 03:47 PM
42, the big thing is what is the question........................

sub2785
11-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Life is the result of a complex sequence of chemical reactions and has no underlying meaning. assign your own meaning: find out what you love and do it!

dared to perfection
11-08-2008, 03:53 PM
i had an essay to write on this once my title was longer than the answer
i'll type it for you now

What is the Ultimate meaning to Life and all that's within it? (title)
To live it as you will (answer)

sub2785
11-08-2008, 04:07 PM
at the end of the day we hold too much of a sentimentality to our own species, predominantly down to our mental agility and superior complexity. However this is simply down to chance, and altho this is a very improbable sequence of events it is nothing more than chance. Who says we are significant enough to have a meaning of life? and isn't this question just a expression of our ability to question and view ourselves from an external viewpoint. This then takes us to subjective consciousness which I think can is best summarised in the following statement (providing you replace subjective consciousness with the idea of a "soul".

"My soul is the orchestra, all I hear is the music"

OzzyD
11-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Life is the result of a complex sequence of chemical reactions and has no underlying meaning. assign your own meaning: find out what you love and do it!

"It it just as likely for a tornado tearing through a scrapyard to produce Buckingham Palace, as it is for a life to evolve on Earth. Yet evolve it did"

Collared_Slave
11-08-2008, 05:41 PM

The question is actually: what is 6 times 9?

Insomnia
11-08-2008, 08:48 PM
The question is actually: what is 6 times 9?
excellent....a proper student of Mr Adams....

interesting
11-08-2008, 08:54 PM
if
you
listen
to
the
heart
of
the
universe
you
will
understand
that
life
is

Shiney
11-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Actually, I believe the question is: "We apologize for the inconvenience"

Zeromus
11-09-2008, 07:10 AM

Smart person there.

sandy
11-09-2008, 07:36 AM
Well as the dolphins said

SO LONG, AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH

EvilMaster
11-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Cookies
I hate this 16 char rule

youngscotsman
11-11-2008, 01:16 PM
the meaning of life is differnt for each and every person if u ask me,, for some its sex, or love or just getting though the day in one piece,m for me it's to take a chance every day and ejoy life

cheesemonkey
11-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Tough question, in all reality there isn't an answer. But assuming you believe in God the ultimate question would be something to do with finding God. If you don't believe in God, then it would be how to find try happiness, which would happen if you found God.

Hampers
11-18-2008, 05:49 AM
I am the new Mrs. De Winters now.

Coyote
11-23-2008, 06:07 PM
it is me Coyote now worship me and feed me

vivala_dare
11-24-2008, 03:21 PM
repoduction is the answer to life

Coyote
11-24-2008, 03:23 PM
actually it is still Coyote

heishere
02-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Everyone knows that the answer to the ultimate question of the life, the universe, and evrything is 42!!!! Now, what is the question?

Officelover
02-01-2009, 05:23 PM
The answer is, of course, 42.

But, more seriously I am surprised to hear some of these "answers". Now, everyone has the right to their own opinion, but if their opinion concerns me and my human race, I feel the need to defend us.

at the end of the day we hold too much of a sentimentality to our own species, predominantly down to our mental agility and superior complexity. However this is simply down to chance, and altho this is a very improbable sequence of events it is nothing more than chance. Who says we are significant enough to have a meaning of life? and isn't this question just a expression of our ability to question and view ourselves from an external viewpoint. This then takes us to subjective consciousness which I think can is best summarised in the following statement (providing you replace subjective consciousness with the idea of a "soul".

"My soul is the orchestra, all I hear is the music"

Chance, chance, chance. That's all I get from most evolutionists. I myself am a evolutionist. But, does it really make sense that all this happened all on it's own? It probably has the same probability as a million gallons of custard falling on me right now, or South End bouncing up and down while the waves stand still. If ink is spilled on a page, does it magically, or by chance, turn to letters- and not only letters like "hragrghghodjfiffhr gyhrignrirgrgrgj" but letters that mean something, that make us happy, and can influence people. No, it does not. There needs to be some reason for those letter sto be spilled across a page. A poem means something, and was written for some reason.

In my opinion, there is no real particular answer or question, but there are infinity questions that add up into the infinite unknown (the future) and infinity answers that add up to the infinite fact (the past) Combined they are the present. And, like Einstien's space-time, they are the canvas on which humanity and all of the universe lies on.

And, not only that, but there are three meanings to each life from which all positive actions derive: good (helping others/ making other happy) happiness (helping ourself/ being good to ourselves), and love (the combination of the two).

Once again, this is my opinion.

There are many things that science can just not answer. "Is there a God?", "What happens after death?", "Why do I exist?", "Is there life anywhere else in the Universe?" "Where's the tea?" But science shouldn't scoff at the religious, spiritual, or philisophical views of the world. Science can not prove or disprove an afterlife, a God, a Meaning of Life, but it should not scoff at views that there are such things simply because they make people feel good about themselves and the world around them. My theory is that once, religion tortured science. Now science is getting it's revenge. Some scientists see the light and know, "I do not want to get mixed up in this debate." Others assume that only they are right.

AladdinSane
02-01-2009, 09:01 PM
excellent....a proper student of Mr Adams....

Actually, if I'm getting the question correct based on my memory, the "what do you get when you multiply six by nine" was the wrong question. The people of the "B" Ark had wiped out the real humans, so the whole thing was flawed. While 42 was the answer, they never got the correct question.

Yeah, I'm way too much of an Adams-nerd.

I did come across an interesting Trivia Pursuit question one day - what do the pips on two dice add up to?

Robert_Z_man
02-01-2009, 09:04 PM
i don't know so I'm going to guess Blue Berry's :D:D

dragonator
06-30-2009, 09:05 PM
to die because you can only get to heaven if you die

North1
07-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Hi all

What is the answer to the ultimate question of

LIFE< THE UNIVERSE< AND EVERYTHING?

Hugs and Kisses
Sandy

Don't know the answer, but I think it should be:

LIFE > THE UNIVERSE > EVERYTHING ELSE

dragonator
07-02-2009, 06:43 AM
The answer is, of course, 42.

But, more seriously I am surprised to hear some of these "answers". Now, everyone has the right to their own opinion, but if their opinion concerns me and my human race, I feel the need to defend us.

Chance, chance, chance. That's all I get from most evolutionists. I myself am a evolutionist. But, does it really make sense that all this happened all on it's own? It probably has the same probability as a million gallons of custard falling on me right now, or South End bouncing up and down while the waves stand still. If ink is spilled on a page, does it magically, or by chance, turn to letters- and not only letters like "hragrghghodjfiffhr gyhrignrirgrgrgj" but letters that mean something, that make us happy, and can influence people. No, it does not. There needs to be some reason for those letter sto be spilled across a page. A poem means something, and was written for some reason.

In my opinion, there is no real particular answer or question, but there are infinity questions that add up into the infinite unknown (the future) and infinity answers that add up to the infinite fact (the past) Combined they are the present. And, like Einstien's space-time, they are the canvas on which humanity and all of the universe lies on.

And, not only that, but there are three meanings to each life from which all positive actions derive: good (helping others/ making other happy) happiness (helping ourself/ being good to ourselves), and love (the combination of the two).

Once again, this is my opinion.

There are many things that science can just not answer. "Is there a God?", "What happens after death?", "Why do I exist?", "Is there life anywhere else in the Universe?" "Where's the tea?" But science shouldn't scoff at the religious, spiritual, or philisophical views of the world. Science can not prove or disprove an afterlife, a God, a Meaning of Life, but it should not scoff at views that there are such things simply because they make people feel good about themselves and the world around them. My theory is that once, religion tortured science. Now science is getting it's revenge. Some scientists see the light and know, "I do not want to get mixed up in this debate." Others assume that only they are right.

btw i totally agree with you i hate how ppl think its either "science is right" or "Religion is right" i feel scientists should b trying to answer the question of how not the question of why because its impossible for them to find a scientific answer to it because even they admit that at they beggining of the univerese there were no natural laws (ie gravity light and everything else orderly in the universe) just chaos but i can sum up the why in 3 words "God did it"

lokelake
07-03-2009, 05:20 AM
My opinion: Live how Jesus wants me to live.

Eon_Blade
07-03-2009, 05:42 AM
We're all one big genitcal accident. That's what I believe. Man my life is fun :D!

BettyBoop
07-03-2009, 06:37 PM
I think everyone's meaning of life is different. Now that may make no sense, but
LAMPSHADES.

sontch
07-08-2009, 11:56 AM
If you dont' want to hear any Christiantity then don't read this post.

Mods, I don't know if posting this violates any rule but please feel free to edit it out!

I believe the meaning of life is to serve the Maker who has given it to us. He breathed us into existence and only asks for or fellowship with one another. Life is simply a break, before the end, to spread the news of God's sacrifice to all people and have them the opportunity to go to Heaven before it becomes too late.

As I said, if you don't a little Christianity, don't read the post!

Officelover
07-10-2009, 05:08 AM
Come on, guys! The answer is 42!

lokelake
07-10-2009, 05:41 AM
Come on, guys! The answer is 42!

How is it 42?

sixteen

Dicedarefan666
07-10-2009, 06:07 AM
42 is a great answer, but we need to find out what the question really is, so NASA Better get looking for any signs indicating the earth will be replaced by a highway in space, I'd start looking at alpha centauri.

We need to know because the mice already considered "how many roads must a man walk down" and found it lacking :P

If you've no idea what I'm talking about, for the love of god, go read hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. It's a fantastic book, and a great series

also

If I were a pot of petunias recently spawned into the universe, and falling very rapidly toward a planet with only a whale for company, what would I be thinking?

dragonator
07-10-2009, 08:22 AM
youd be thinking "oh no not this again"
lol
i like the movie too

Mr.RainbowBanana
10-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Life: Life is differently defined by each individual person, though most hold the same answer "Life is to find a goal, something you love doing, and chase that goal", yet each goal is different.

The Universe: A infinite area of space in which a s*** load of massive rocks form and may even play host to other life forms.

The answer to EVERYTHING however: A heavenly bowl of mince in the morning :)

Kreslyn
06-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Anyone seen my towel?

puppyplay
06-13-2012, 08:46 PM
well.
you knew what you were going to be getting as an answer

frontline
06-13-2012, 11:36 PM
The answer is never been the problem, the question is the problem. Answers are easy, but finding the right question, that is the hard part...

(that is a reference to the works of Adams and Aasimov: Double Nerd Points)

novice_girl
06-14-2012, 08:37 PM
The meaning of life is 42!

novice_girl
06-14-2012, 08:39 PM
If you dont' want to hear any Christiantity then don't read this post.

Mods, I don't know if posting this violates any rule but please feel free to edit it out!

I believe the meaning of life is to serve the Maker who has given it to us. He breathed us into existence and only asks for or fellowship with one another. Life is simply a break, before the end, to spread the news of God's sacrifice to all people and have them the opportunity to go to Heaven before it becomes too late.

As I said, if you don't a little Christianity, don't read the post!

Well, I lol'd.

Was that actually serious? (Genuine question.) I'm assuming not; good parody!

capistrano37
06-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Actually, if I'm getting the question correct based on my memory, the "what do you get when you multiply six by nine" was the wrong question. The people of the "B" Ark had wiped out the real humans, so the whole thing was flawed. While 42 was the answer, they never got the correct question.

Yeah, I'm way too much of an Adams-nerd.

Actually, it still works out if God counts in base 13: ten fingers, two feet, and a digital watch.

(Do I get any bonus for having comment #42 ? )

Dareholic
09-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Everything in life dies.

Therefore, the point of life; is to die. :eek: