PDA

View Full Version : You dropped me? for him/her? ... that's ok!

Spanner
11-03-2008, 12:09 PM
The title is a bit strange... so is the topic:
Imagine being in a relationship (if you are, skip that part...) and imagine further your partner breaks up with you, to be with someone else... (I know... an awful thing to imagine...)

Now here comes the question:
Is there any situation/constallation at which you would not be mad at your (ex-)partner and/or do not hit rock bottom? Please, also let us know what's your gender and sexuall orientation.

I'll give you an example:
"I'm a straight guy and I would have no problem with my girl friend breaking up with me so she can marry Chuck Norris!"

And here is my thought, which brought up this topic in the first place:
First of all I'm a straight guy.
(Can't tell, if it really will be that way until it happens, but...) If I had a bi girl friend and she would drop me for a girl, I think it would not hurt as much as being droped for another guy. I know it's a strange thought. Of course it still sucks, but to me it sucks less. Maybe because thinking about it leads to the question: "why take a guy, if you can have a girl?"... which I - as a straight guy - can't find an answer to... j/k xD
Maybe it's, because I understand, that I can never be what she needs, when it's a girl she needs.

mysteryness
11-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm female and I would hate it if my boyfriend would leave me for someone else.

interesting
11-03-2008, 12:33 PM
There is no way for me, regardless of gender or sexual orientation, that a breakup caused by a third party would ever be painless.

That being said, if said breakup was consensual, or if the third party was to be included in the couple, for say, a menage-a-trois, that would a different matter to be adressed only if the circumstances presented themselves.

reallybored
11-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Well due to the fact that I am not that hot and not very rich (girls like money). I would not care that much if a girl dumped me for someone else better then me. There isn't any girl in the world that will rather be with me and not be with chuck Norris.

mysteryness
11-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Well due to the fact that I am not that hot and not very rich (girls like money). I would not care that much if a girl dumped me for someone else better then me. There isn't any girl in the world that will rather be with me and not be with chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris sucks :p

interesting
11-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Somewhere, out in space, an entity known as Chuck Norris awoke at the sound of its name...

(This is getting a little off topic, isn't it?)

mysteryness
11-03-2008, 01:32 PM
(This is getting a little off topic, isn't it?)

...Just a bit :)

cheesemonkey
11-19-2008, 02:20 PM
I am an 18 year old straight male. Here's the thing about me, when I love someone, I do everything in my power to make them happy. I have taken a lot of crap for this, but if I were in a relationship I would do absolutely anything to make my partner happy. If she wanted to sleep with other guys I would let her, because it would make her happy, and her being happy would make me happy. If she wanted to break up with me for any reason I would be happy to let her, because it would make her happy, and that's all I want. Both my two previous relationships have been the girl breaking up with me. I never have, and never plan to be the one to break up a relationship. I like to think of myself as a nice guy, but most people just think I'm not commited.