PDA

View Full Version : v experience

V-man
10-23-2008, 12:53 PM
there is an add on for v bullitin called vBExperience. it gives you points for posting, making threads, making good posts and threads etc. you can spend the points in a shop. you can buy profile upgrades, a custom title, coloured usernames etc. the site staff can decide what points are given out for and what you can buy and how many points doing stuff gives you and the price of stuff in the shop. i think this would be a good add on for getdare.

Collared_Slave
10-23-2008, 12:56 PM
the only problem with rewarding posting in itself is that it encourages spamming.
but if it was for good posts then that shouldnt be a problem

V-man
10-23-2008, 01:03 PM
the only problem with rewarding posting in itself is that it encourages spamming.
but if it was for good posts then that shouldnt be a problem

the site staff can dock people points aswell. so if someone spammed they could get docked points

Etherialknight
10-23-2008, 01:45 PM
the site staff can dock people points aswell. so if someone spammed they could get docked points

Great idea, but along with every system that gives rewards comes people who will exploit them creating far more work than deserved to the mods. This happened with the reputation system which got turned off just before I came. I read a rumor it will come back which will hopefully bring the post count up some. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

Sum
10-23-2008, 02:10 PM
This sounds like darepoints noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah there was a thing that meant you got points for posting it had to be disabled because of spam.
The docking would be all well and good but it would mean more work for the mods.

Then there was a system where by people could give good or bad reputation to each other if they like the post etc, but some users were to imature to use that so that went too.

Manbearpig
10-23-2008, 04:45 PM
This sounds like darepoints noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah there was a thing that meant you got points for posting it had to be disabled because of spam.
The docking would be all well and good but it would mean more work for the mods.

Then there was a system where by people could give good or bad reputation to each other if they like the post etc, but some users were to imature to use that so that went too.

dare points....brings back memories. In theory it sounded good but when put into practice it failed miserably (like so many other things in this world)

V-man
10-24-2008, 08:14 AM
i didn't know something like this had been used before and didn't work. i've been on fourms where this works great but it's probably different from fourm to fourm. if stuff like this has been used before and didn't work this probably won't be any better. if it's only people spamming to get points your worried about points for posts can be disabled but if just think this would not work even without points for posts thats ok. you know better then me if this would work for getdare

Sum
10-24-2008, 08:42 AM
I think what depp is planning on doing is reinterducing the reputation system, with some modifications to help stop abuse. But it's a way off at the mo, big update first i think ;)