PDA

View Full Version : What it takes to be a MASTER

Etherialknight
10-23-2008, 12:17 PM
There are as many ways to be a MASTER as there are vanilla relationships but there comes a time when you make that commitment to break beyond that barrier of just playing the role for the name sake and the thrill and you seriously embrace it as a lifestyle.

I ran across this article last night discussing the qualities of a Dom and it really hit home as to the level of character required to become a true to form MASTER. It was hard for me to read because it clearly showed that I still had some more growing to do but that's fine, I'm closer than I was last month and next month I will be even closer. :)

Here is to the journey and the struggle for excellence, may we always strive to be worthy of those who serve us.

http://www.albanypowerexchange.com/TPE/24_7_dom.htm

Merlin
10-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Hmmm i did read this article before and i have to say that i agree in some points with the author, especially with Self-Control, Responsibility and Trustworthiness, but i also think he makes a very common mistake. He is seeing things very black and white and only in his personal point of view. There are so many different Masters out there as there are different Slaves and all of them have different ideas and preferences. The point is to find a good match and not to be "like that". For some Subs this "Quality Dom" would not work at all...
So yes a good Dom needs some important qualities to not become dangerous but there is no "that is the way it has to be done" out there, everyone should find his own way...