PDA

View Full Version : Posting Big Time problems

depp=noob=lol
03-30-2007, 06:04 AM
Hello,

as you noticed we have two members on this site, glutgod and mustangman who re since the Top 10 Posters list is introduced are posting like an idiot, just to be on top of the Top 10. It really gets annoying that they are posting more and more posts without quality. That's why I really want to say: QUALITIY ABOVE QUANTITY! The top 10 lists arent good for getDare.com so far. Ok we have v. posting members but the quality nah. depp's reaction in another thread, (he didnt noticed that they were posted like mad ones) said it all. It is going far to extreme.

So Glutgod and Mustangman, NO offense but please have quality on top of everything!

I dont want to start a flame war or other things but but the only thing i want to say is that this is going too far.

Musty 21
03-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Well I knew this was going to come up eventualy, my posting rate is always has it has been. This is how I post and I always do it that way. Glutgod, when I passed him, he wanted to be on top, of everything I guess, and we made a deal. For the record, I was the one who said we were posting too much. He's worried about being top rep and I told him, if you start posting like me your going to go down. I know that you guys think I post TOO MUCH but thats how I post. If I think of something in my head I reply to it.

Glutgod
03-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Hello,

as you noticed we have two members on this site, glutgod and mustangman who re since the Top 10 Posters list is introduced are posting like an idiot, just to be on top of the Top 10. It really gets annoying that they are posting more and more posts without quality. That's why I really want to say: QUALITIY ABOVE QUANTITY! The top 10 lists arent good for getDare.com so far. Ok we have v. posting members but the quality nah. depp's reaction in another thread, (he didnt noticed that they were posted like mad ones) said it all. It is going far to extreme.

So Glutgod and Mustangman, NO offense but please have quality on top of everything!

I dont want to start a flame war or other things but but the only thing i want to say is that this is going too far.

I wouldn't talk if I was you, I have top rep ok? I am quality over quantity, plus I'm come to an agreement with Mustang, and anyways taking the top ten will not effect ANYTHING so I sincerly do not suggest this. And please don't get jelous or mad. This is not a problem. Yea and anyways your just mad, your in top ten and you just want to get numer 1 but you have 300 post, anyways you went from 120 to 300 in like a week and half so don't even talk.

Pokerboy
03-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Both Mustangman and Glutgod have rather good post some which are long which make up for the ones lacking in size. Go look in the RTS section Mustangman put alot of work into that. Plus the stories they have wrote! Really come on Depp=noob=lol both of those members have good post and just like to write for the hell of it. So stop trying to be a loser about you not being at the top ( That last part was a joke lol ;p)

userben
03-30-2007, 03:16 PM
ok im not taking side but it is weird. i havent been on in like three days and you total post number was some were in the400 no it is in the 700:confused: :confused: :confused:

userben
03-30-2007, 03:21 PM
I wouldn't talk if I was you, I have top rep ok? I am quality over quantity, plus I'm come to an agreement with Mustang, and anyways taking the top ten will not effect ANYTHING so I sincerly do not suggest this. And please don't get jelous or mad. This is not a problem. Yea and anyways your just mad, your in top ten and you just want to get numer 1 but you have 300 post, anyways you went from 120 to 300 in like a week and half so don't even talk.

and And do not threaten other people just because you are number one poster doesn’t mean you can walk all over people

Pokerboy
03-30-2007, 05:02 PM
I don't think people have the right to go and say that your not a good poster even though they are dedicated members who contribute info on all topics. There is nothing wrong with writting 400 post in one week. (Although that is alot). With size it can equal up to alot of good post. So just all you meanies out there that are being losers about someone posting. I tell you this.....

Go Climb a Tree :D

Musty 21
03-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks guys, I really do write for the heck of it. If I think of something I want getDare users to know. Know the problem your talking about depp=noob=lol is talking about is OVER, a deal has been made and it will stay that way.

Glutgod
03-30-2007, 07:45 PM
and And do not threaten other people just because you are number one poster doesn’t mean you can walk all over people

Hey he started the walking (or teied to at least.) and I didn't threaton anyone, I just made a point.

Musty 21
03-30-2007, 07:53 PM
this thread should be closed. Glutgod and I have resolved the war. Soon this post will just become spam.

depp=noob=lol
03-31-2007, 01:11 AM
listen, what i want to say is that the Top 10 posters list doesnt really work.
I mean very much people are posting like crazy (i named mustangman and glutgod), and i have the same fealing, you want to get as high as posible. Glutgod that you have the most REP doesnt mean that ALL your posts are good. At the moment, some users here posts 2 types of posts:
1) the good quality posts
2) the less quality posts wich are only to have a higher post count.

Maybe (if it is possible though) the lounge forum games (Never Ending Thread, My Hill, Present for) should not count for your postcount so that it will be only a game and not a HOW DO I GET MY POSTS AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE.
the only thing i wanted to say too you mustangman and glutgod, remember that you have a rolmodel, you re leaders. And dont lead the rest of the forums to less good posts. Please remember that you ARE and have to be the best users on the site. I only want to say that on getDare quality has to win. But if the two 'best' users are not there for quality but for how many what would the other users do then? The users who arent that well known. Rembemer Glutgod and Mustangman that you have responsibility now. You two are a bit responsible for the rest of the site, because you re that great users. Please act like that. Please keep getDare safe of another post war. Because if other users see you they think Oh, they do that, I can do that too. So please...please act like the leaders of the forum

Glutgod
03-31-2007, 07:51 AM
Geez that turns this around, but yea me and mustang have resolved this little thing, I can't tell you what we said, but soon I will go back to normal and give top poister to mustaang and that will decrease the post amount far enough that things will get running around here.

Musty 21
03-31-2007, 08:16 AM
well glutgod, beiong the awsome poster that he is, we have made that deal. Glutgod will be keeping up with me for a while and when the time is right he will go back to his normal posting. My personaly about the lounge, its good, but i love my posts too much. The ideal thing to do it you can only have 10 posts in each thread a day or something like that. I have been posting as I always have and glutgod will soon go back to his normal posting rate. Like I said above, the problems are resolved, glutgod and are saying the same things over and over, so this thread should be locked.

Glutgod
03-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Oh yea and my posting rate is higher then before cause I'm more active then I used to be...

Musty 21
03-31-2007, 05:30 PM
when it goes back to what it was then we'll have the normal glutgod again :D

Pokerboy
03-31-2007, 05:45 PM
Wow..... Wait a second.... does it really matter or not if you have alot of post?!?!?! I think that Depp should get rid of that award. Please continue posting as much as you do. It keeps Getdare from rusting...lol.....Depp=noob=lol I think you to remember its not a crime to write post.....

depp
03-31-2007, 06:07 PM
There is not "top poster award" but there are posting stats.

You guys need to all stop fighting. Please PM a moderator or myself about problems with other posters. Don't pick a fight here on the public boards.