PDA

View Full Version : can I post in the M/s area?

the_boy
09-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Can i post in the M/s area if I am not asking for a slave/master or offering to be a slave/master? As in to comment on other people's posts? :confused:

vivala_dare
09-17-2008, 02:24 PM
yes I belive you can.

Collared_Slave
09-17-2008, 02:25 PM
i think that may be a loop hole

Sum
09-17-2008, 02:29 PM
This is an area of the rules that are currently rather vague.

I'm going to go and start a discussion about it in the mods area and we'll come back to you with an answer soon.

:)

dared to perfection
09-17-2008, 02:43 PM
i dread to think how much bitching goes on in the mod area !! lolz i've seen the banned list and some of the hates on there are wikkid

Davros
09-17-2008, 03:12 PM
I've always posted comments in the S/M area without trouble. Things like "be more specific... add more details... wrong section... *and general advice*"

Seeing as it isn't advertising myself, I thought it was alright. But we'll see what the mods come back with.

Musty 21
09-17-2008, 08:43 PM
I use to do what darvos did, but I hate even thinking about the m/s area... what a mess

erick92
09-17-2008, 10:22 PM
I was once told by a mod that it was ok for me to post there, because I asked personally in a PM. The mod said the only place under 18's cant post are in the advert section, which the rules state.

the_boy
09-20-2008, 01:44 PM
ok thank you everybody, you time a replies are much appreciated. ;)

SubMissChievous
09-20-2008, 08:11 PM
The way I've always applied the rules are simply this:

Under 18: cannot post a thread in the main s/m area or reply offering to be a Master, Mistress, slave... In other words no sollicitation or advertisements.

But I don't see any problem, personally, with anyone posting in the sub-forums for example. Some of the most interesting discussions in the s/m lounge were sparked by "underages" as of late. I think this area is a great place for discussions, bringing new ideas, informations, etc. and I would hate to see younger users who want to ask, learn, discuss, etc. being kept out...

Hopes this answers the question :)

erick92
09-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Chloe you always have the best answers.

I don't see any danger in a user posting in the s/m lounge while under 18, because that user is not engaging in any s/m relationships on this site.

Night-1991
09-20-2008, 08:27 PM
I've always posted comments in the S/M area without trouble. Things like "be more specific... add more details... wrong section... *and general advice*"

Seeing as it isn't advertising myself, I thought it was alright. But we'll see what the mods come back with.

I know it isn't related to the thread but i've just noticed, how the hell did Hampers get banned?!

SubMissChievous
09-20-2008, 08:31 PM
I know it isn't related to the thread but i've just noticed, how the hell did Hampers get banned?!

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=409

He should get back some time :)

Night-1991
09-20-2008, 08:34 PM
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=409

He should get back some time :)

So you banned him because he was having a break or something?

SubMissChievous
09-20-2008, 08:38 PM
So you banned him because he was having a break or something?For one, I didn't and was just as surprised as everyone when I noticed. It is on request & as fas as I know it should be lifted sometimes in November (it all happened while I was away).

Hmm... can we get back on topic now? :)

Anymore questions concerning Hampers can be asked in getdare.com if needed, btw...

Bandit|Queen
09-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Talked to depp about this one (forgot to reply on the thread as I've been away) and his view was that as long as you don't post an add or reply to one in the M/s area it's all good.

So you can post on the discussions as long as you are sensible. I think it's important everyone can have their say in the M/s section because it's a good way to learn etc :)

ramsies11
09-21-2008, 06:36 AM
i would think so...
<--comin from sombody thats under 18

Davros
09-23-2008, 11:18 AM
i would think so...
<--comin from sombody thats under 18

Well done for answering an already-answered question.

Sum
09-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Well done for answering an already-answered question.

Davros your constant digs at ramisies are really starting to get on my nerves now. Would you please try to be the least bit civil. If you don't like what he has to say just put him on ignore.

Bandit|Queen
09-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Talked to depp about this one (forgot to reply on the thread as I've been away) and his view was that as long as you don't post an add or reply to one in the M/s area it's all good.

So you can post on the discussions as long as you are sensible. I think it's important everyone can have their say in the M/s section because it's a good way to learn etc :)

as I have answered this question and no more needs to be said on the matter and things are going off subject, thread closed.