PDA

View Full Version : The Goddess

Dare861
09-10-2008, 12:44 AM
Her fair skin glowed in the moonlight as she looked thoughtfully into the sky. Long, raven locks flowed down to her bosom, swaying gently in the breeze. Adorned about her was a glistening white top, seeming to compete with the moon itself for dominance over the night sky. A skirt made of blue rose petals fluttered in the night air, going past her knees and going halfway to her ankles. Her delicate figure hovered a few inches off the ground, a final reminder to all that she truly was a goddess.

And as we stood around the sight to behold in awe, her lips parted and a thousand birds began to sing in a voice sent from the stars themselves. "Kneel," she commanded into our very souls. And we did as we were told.

With the grace and dignity of a lioness, she lowered to the ground and began gently walking to each of us in turn, taking the time to stare into each persons' soul with her dark, entrancing eyes, the entire group remaining perfectly silent before this incredible being.

And then she came to me, gently lifting my head up by the chin. As she stared into my eyes, it was as if my entire life had just become an open book before the Goddess. I felt her gaze into things I had done, things I was doing, and things I was going to do. Every single thought was completely open to her, yet I was unafriad. I felt safe and secure. It was unexplainable, but being completely open to this Goddess seemed completely natural.

She smiled at me and gently lifted me to my feet. Nodding softly at me, I knew I had been chosen. The night air around us perfectly silent, she turned her gaze once more towards the heavens. A cushion of air rose from below me, and we left, my life forever changed.

We soared past Jupiter, raced past Neptune. Soon everything I knew was far behind. Yet, I was not afraid. There was no reason to be. This Goddess was protecting me. We journeyed to many places of color, light, and sound. We travelled to places of pure ecstasy, and places of sorrow so tragic it brought frost to the soul. Yet, through it all, I knew I would be safe. The Goddess was leading the way.

The Goddess took me to places I couldn't imagine in my wildest dreams, all the while teaching me about reality. The good times were not to last however, and we soon wound up seperated in a land of shadows. As my gaze darted around wildly, I panicked. The Goddess, my protector, was nowhere to be found in this terrifying place.

I wondered what I did to deserve this. Why, after everything, I was now alone. Did the Goddess change her mind? Was I no longer worthy of her company? Or even worse, had she not left me of her own free will? Paranoia had begun to clutch at my mind, threatening to take over, when suddenly, a feminine scream overtook all else. I frantically followed it, only to come upon an injured goddess.

The Goddess looked ahead, eyes wide with fear, for before her the shadows had reared their ugly heads against her. I gasped, and she turned to me with a pleading look, urging me to flee. Everything that this being had done for me flashed through my mind. In an instant, perhaps out of bravery, perhaps out of sheer recklessness, I had come between the shadows and the Goddess. The shadows quickly enveloped me, and everything turned dark...

I awoke with a start and my eyes darted around wildly. It took a few minutes to realize I was back where I started. Back home. However, it no longer felt like home. I turned my gaze to the heavens. I longed once more to be with the Goddess. My home was with her. I began to wonder if it might have only been a dream.

I turned around to head back to my house and my life, and before me was the radiant Goddess once more, staring off into the heavens. I blinked and rubbed my eyes, and she turned to me with an outstretched hand. I quickly took hold of it, and immediately I felt myself changing. My body, becoming lighter and softer. My skin, beginning to glow softly. Yet, I was unafriaid. I knew what I was doing.

I knew within my heart that my life now belonged to her. Soon, wings of light had painlessly sprouted from my back, and I began to glow just like she did. I knew I was becoming like she was. A being that had given up normality in favor of a meaningful existance. Although, in essence, my very being was being taken from me, a sensation of freedom washed over me.

I was free to be myself without worry or care. I knew my Goddess would accept me no matter who I was. That was all that mattered. She smiled at me as the final transformation was complete. Now fully capable of being Hers, we flew off into the heavens once more. I looked back at my old life with pity. My Goddess had chosen me above the others. They would not experience the same joy..

Written for the Goddess in my life,
- DareDude861

Bandit|Queen
09-10-2008, 01:24 AM
Awwwww that's lovely. I'd rep you if I could :)

I think this is my favorite part...

We journeyed to many places of color, light, and sound. We travelled to places of pure ecstasy, and places of sorrow so tragic it brought frost to the soul. Yet, through it all, I knew I would be safe. The Goddess was leading the way.

The only thing is separate it into paragraphs properly. Will make it flow really well when it's read and make it easier to read as well.