PDA

View Full Version : new section

ramsies11
08-30-2008, 03:20 AM
i am member of many forums but by far my fave is gd.
my suggestion is is that we get a new section in the forums called the introduction section.its for new members to post a little hello im new thing and for older members to get aqquainted with them:cause anymore all i know are mosta the sr.members and above too many new accounts @.@

so please dont hesitate to put your opinion as a reply to this and ill answer any other questions:D

Sum
08-30-2008, 05:17 AM
I don't think this needs an entire section, it would get so dull. The lounge and other places are good for people to get to know each other. Furthermore there is already an introductions thread; http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=72

This thread is 3 years old and has around only 50 posts, which shows you how popular a section dedicated to introductions would be.

erick92
08-31-2008, 01:09 PM
Well when I first came I did not see that thread, because I didn't feel the need to browse the lounge at that time. Now if I saw a section for introductions I would have made a post in there to see. Still to this day I don't check that post to see who is there. I second this request to have a section for that.

Trystaan
08-31-2008, 01:15 PM
To be really honest the sub forum would be so unbelievable boring and not many more people would post there anyway.

dared to perfection
08-31-2008, 02:37 PM
i feel alot of new users feel a little anxious to begin there posting
they tend to look around until they find the right place or an easy truth to put in their first post
the introduction section would not get enough attention
maybe if the introduction thread was more active it would be at the top of peoples unread posts a little more and would then gain more views but that is about all that should happen

andom4444
08-31-2008, 03:58 PM
I have to agree, i have run a large forum or two in the last few years. Every forum even down to Digital point (one of the biggest) has a introduction section. It is great as it creates so many more indexable pages for keywords and page ranking :)

ramsies11
08-31-2008, 04:18 PM
i was just sayin it i thought it would help