PDA

View Full Version : Health & Legal Precautions

sharknight
08-12-2013, 01:50 AM
THIS POST IS NOT MEANT TO SUBSTITUTE PROFESSIONAL LEGAL OR MEDICAL ADVICE. ADVICE HERE IS MADE IN GOOD FAITH. IF IN DOUBT, CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL.

In this post, I will go over the medical risks of some acclaimed dares.
I dare you to stay safe – while having fun! Yes. Indeed, most of the dares here are dangerous.

PLEASE GIVE SUGGESTIONS FOR NEW THINGS TO BE LISTED!

Pee Holding
Medically Dangerous!
Pee holding is very dangerous. Holding your pee will result in infections of all kinds, such as interstitial cystitis, an infection in which you will get lots of pain and will have to urinate over 60 times a day.
Making yourself pee either more or less than eight to ten times per day is dangerous.
Also, you may have to pee a lot in the future because your bladder is weakened.

CBT
Medically Dangerous!
CBT is super dangerous. It can result in lots of pain, and possibly reattachment of testicles!
Stay away from CBT unless you want to lose your balls!

Wedgies
Medically Dangerous AND Illegal!
Wedgies may block the circulation. They may also cause displacement of testicles. If you perform them on others, they may sue you for battery or sexual assault!

Flashing/Exhibitionism
Illegal!
Flashing is highly illegal in some countries. You may be arrested and jailed!

Wax
Medically DEADLY!
Dripping hot wax on your body will result in burns!

Driving Dares
Medically Dangerous and Possibly Illegal!
Many driving dares will distract you from what you're doing, driving. You may crash into someone or get caught by an officer!

DareEngine
08-12-2013, 08:42 AM
Making yourself pee either more or less than eight to ten times per day is dangerous.

I don't know if I read this correctly, but I don't know if this is true :confused: because I be only three times a day at max. I can't remember peeing more than three times at a day and I don't have any problems with my bladder, ureter or penis... Do you pee 8-10 times a day?

twotothetenth
08-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Crossing the street: EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
You will be run over by a car. Or a meteor will fall on your head.

You're terribly overdramatizing.

Saying pee holding is dangerous and will cause an infection is precisely the same as what I did above.
The fact is that extended periods of pee holding might do some damage to your bladder but it's nowhere near as dramatic as you claim. And it's the same with the rest of your post.

I would agree with the driving thing, thought. You're driving a multiple ton chunk of metal that might easily kill someone if you divert your attention. I get the shits with people who use their phone while driving and playing pocket billiards is pretty much the same. If you don't care if you kill yourself in your car, at least care if you kill me.

Dareholic
08-12-2013, 12:47 PM
The environment around us is extremely dangerous. It just we learn to live with it. Just make sure you do things that one as a person can handle. Each and every person has different tolerance levels for anything one might do.

DoWhatEyeSay
08-12-2013, 12:55 PM
THIS POST IS NOT MEANT TO SUBSTITUTE PROFESSIONAL LEGAL OR MEDICAL ADVICE. ADVICE HERE IS MADE IN GOOD FAITH. IF IN DOUBT, CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL.

In this post, I will go over the medical risks of some acclaimed dares.
I dare you to stay safe – while having fun! Yes. Indeed, most of the dares here are dangerous.

PLEASE GIVE SUGGESTIONS FOR NEW THINGS TO BE LISTED!

Pee Holding
Medically Dangerous!
Pee holding is very dangerous. Holding your pee will result in infections of all kinds, such as interstitial cystitis, an infection in which you will get lots of pain and will have to urinate over 60 times a day.
Also, you may have to pee a lot in the future because your bladder is weakened.

CBT
Medically Dangerous!
CBT is super dangerous. It can result in lots of pain, and possibly reattachment of testicles!

Wedgies
Wedgies may block the circulation. They may also cause displacement of testicles. If you perform them on others, they may sue you for battery or sexual assault!

Flashing/Exhibitionism
Illegal!

Wax
Medically DEADLY!

Driving Dares
Many driving dares will distract you from what you're doing, driving. You may crash into someone or get caught by an officer!

Leather or not at all.....

Embii
08-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Okay, I'm going to go ahead and add a bit more information to these because just saying something is dangerous isn't particularly helpful - pretty much anything can hurt you if you do it wrong, and many of the things listed can be perfectly safe if done right. This is all just bits of information I've picked up, nothing conclusive.

Also, couple of very useful on-topic links, if you have questions about health and safety check here:
Nelly's Is it safe? (http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=71730) thread and Star Shadow's (and a couple of other's) anonymous SM advice (http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=432301#post432301) thread. The advice section (http://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=45) in general is very useful.

Pee Holding
Medically Dangerous!

That seems ... ridiculous. Also there's no definite 'will' result in infections. Different people pee different amounts. Holding it for a while is fine, seriously who hasn't, but if things start to hurt, or you lose control (regularly, rather than say, laughing really hard or something), or generally you're not peeing how you should (weird smells, colours, etc.) seeing a doctor is a good idea. It's also not a great idea to hold it for more than around 2 hours, generally.

CBT
Medically Dangerous!
Not all CBT will make you lose your balls. There's so many kinds of CBT I don't know where to start but generally, use your head. Been tied up so long you've lost feeling? Bad. Bleeding and not supposed to be? Bad. Feeling a little pain but not permanent? Fine. (Usually. I'm not you. I don't know).

Wedgies

Blocking circulation is mainly bad if you do it for along period of time - if you're honestly that worried don't keep a wedgie for more than about 10-15 minutes. I don't know completely what it does to cock/balls as I don't have any, but you can almost certainly have one that's tight/painful at the back and not as bad at the front. And don't go round wedgieing other people (who don't want it), that's just mean.

Flashing/Exhibitionism
Illegal!
True, but it depends an awful lot on the situation.

Wax
Medically DEADLY!
Lots of candle are actually fine, it depends on what temperature they burn at as to whether/how badly they'll burn you (also how far up you drop wax from, as ti give it a chance to cool.) Coloured, especially darker coloured, and/or scented candles tend to have higher melting points, but it's worth checking as this isn't always the case.

Driving Dares
This one I agree with - be careful. It's not worth putting yourself and others lives in danger for the sake of a cheap thrill. If you're not being distracted then fair enough, but things like driving naked are illegal in many places, check for yourself what you could be pulled over/fined/arrested etc. for.

SilverScar
08-15-2013, 02:32 AM
You forgot to mention that if you do any of the aforementioned activities, you will
BURN IN HELL FOREVER AND YOUR SOUL WILL BE DEVOURED BY THE DEVIL HIMSELF!!!

Anyway, yeah, BDSM can be dangerous, but if you don't do it a stupid way, you won't have any permanent damage. You are overreacting it a little.

StrawDog
08-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Also, breathing is incredibly dangerous and medically proven to kill you.

inflamio
08-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Life
Medically dangerous, potentially deadly and in some cases illegal

Though it may be true that injuries, infection and a criminal record can be the result of a dare gone wrong, most people have enough common sense to stop if the dare is getting out of their comfort zone. Yes, taking part in dares is a bit risky (not necessarily all the time) but so is the rest of life! I think that though what you are saying is true, you are certainly over exaggerating! If you really don't want to do a dare, don't do it, no one is forcing you!