PDA

View Full Version : Childhood ambitions

Siren
08-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Not sure if this has already been asked, but what did you want to be when you were little? Why? Did it change a lot? Did you become what you originally wanted to be?

twotothetenth
08-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Not sure if this has already been asked, but what did you want to be when you were little? Why? Did it change a lot? Did you become what you originally wanted to be?

My parents like to tell a story of a certain young boy saying he wanted to be a pensioner when he grew up, because they don't have to work but still get paid.
What can I say, I always had it figured out:D

2bchew
08-07-2013, 03:54 PM

From a young age I always wanted to work with animals,horses mostly.
I started riding when I was like10 and just found them fascinating.Always been a big lover of animals(and no not that way you pervs haha).

Did it change a lot?Honestly the feeling has never changed,But the careers have never been in that field.

Did I become what I wanted?I have not but I am coming into a bit of money soon,not tons but enough that I will be starting a small biz working with dogs and do plan to buy a horse so yea maybe good dreams never do die.:)

naked_lego
08-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Great question and brought back a wave of flash backs.

I wanted to be many things when I was little. Most of them included lots of people knowing my name so being famous. The earliest I can remember is being a professional Inline Skater. I still love to skate but being pro. isn't as important for me. The next ambition was to be a game tester. I don't want to be a game tester anymore. The last dream of my childhood is being a highly known YouTuber. That ambition has been with me for about 10 years now and is what I am currently chasing still.

Unidentified
08-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Till my 11th birthday or something, I've always wanted to be a baker, I started helping my mum in the kitchen from a young age, and eventually made pies/cakes myself.
Although, at this time I was often thinking back about my dog that died around my 9th, which still hurted a lot. This made me change my idea of the ideal job, an I wanted to become a vet. so that I could atleast spare others from this pain. On my 14th, I went to work with a friend of my mum, to see what it was like to be a vet, and I thought it looked very enjoyable. However, I decided to become a surgeon. This idea had once again changed when I had to redo a year at school. I miserably failed my science class, and I decided to swap it with another class (geography). This meant that I couldn't become a surgeon anymore. I am currently working to be a psychiatrist, but the mos important thoughts that I've had since I wanted to become a vet, were the 2 simplest words in the world. Just the words "thank you" were what mattered to me. I wanted a job where I helped people, and where I got gratitude in exchange, I have never given money a thought in my ambitions.

Edit: excuse the mistakes, it's 5 and I am going to bed xD

Hakuna Matata
08-08-2013, 04:35 AM
I always dreamed of being an astronaut! Well, of course I still dream of this, but it is sad to look at the stars now and knowing I will never be in space. This dream died when I realised I am too little to be an astronaut, and also my country does not really have a space programme, and if it did I am not sure I could trust the shuttle to be very safe!

I also dreamed of playing volleyball for my country. I am also too little for this (I will ignore that I am not very good at this game, and I will only blame that I am little!)

Now my dream is to become an economist. Money and also numbers are fascinating for me, and I have a talent for maths. I guess being a geek can give you some new dreams :)

Slenderman - Doctor
08-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Ice cream man.

Still sounds good to me.

twotothetenth
08-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Ice cream man.

Still sounds good to me.

You might think you said Ice cream man, but everybody here read Pedophile:D

rhode64
08-10-2013, 09:39 AM
I always wanted to work with animals but unfortunately never was able to get the degrees needed and my life was turned upside down at 19 and I had to try to adjust to a new country a new way of life and getting what ever work I could .Life has been a bit of a roller coaster ever since.

Ices
08-13-2013, 11:30 PM
I used to really want to be either a writer or an actress because I loved roleplaying and creating new characters / stories for them. Oh, and there was the occasional tangent (being a wizard/pirate/Jedi :P) that lasted a couple months. Now more headed towards creative sciences though.

SilverScar
08-15-2013, 02:22 AM
When I was little, I wanted to be a bus driver (I don't know why).

Instead, I became a social worker.

I'm not sure which one is better.

Embii
08-15-2013, 03:58 AM
I went through phases of wanting to be all sorts (designer, singer, actress to name a few) but the only thing that ever stuck was author, which I'd still like to be, but probably on the side of some other, more stable career.

SleepyBoy
08-26-2013, 03:38 PM
In first grade I wanted to be a teacher, I didn't really know any other jobs. Later on I wanted to be a veterinarian, I loved animals a lot. Then it switched to artist, for a long time, then like, illustrator maybe? I'm juggling between social work and art.. it' kind of difficult. I don't think they're all entirely different from each other, in all the careers you are helping people in some way