PDA

View Full Version : Cooling down

Musty 21
03-23-2007, 07:26 PM
This is a story about a forum I visit regularly.

There are many "truth or dare" online websites, but to my knowledge, the most active one is called getDare. The forum community has new posts everyday, but even more than that, the new posts are actually contributing posts, not just spam and requests for pics and stuff.

In September 2006, the admin of this forum created a new board, where stories can be posted. This came from an idea by one of the forum members, Rob.

Since then, this board has supplied the community with some very good, and imaginative forums. Of course despite smileguy's story writing tips thread, a lot of the stories have spelling mistakes, use sms language, or just in general bad grammer.

But all this is fine, as long as the stories are good. Generally, there hasn't been a very bad story on the board yet. However, a different kind of plague would hit the Truth or Dare stories board.

It's not too easy to distinguish who introduced the plague, but the evidence of it is undeniable. It is rotting away at the core of the stories section, making the stories section frustrating and boring.

The plague of course, is the people making stories, then demanding that people reply to their stories with comments, before they will continue the story, or write another one.

Surely it's not that bad, but it seems as though 90% of stories posted now-a-days have the author wanting comments, before they'll write the next part. Getting feedback on a story you wrote is excellent, but when you tell people you need feedback before you'll write the next part, in my opinion, is very rude.

Some of the people that have done this include:

Some of the requests for comments are sincere, like the last quote. However, most replies usually just consist of "Story was great, keep it up". But still, authors keep making people post comments.

Even another member, pointed this out in a story, where the author demanded for comments not once, but twice!

However, his comments were ignored by the story writer, when they made the next part, and once again demanded for replies.

Now, the truth or dare stories section is being plagued by authors writing stories in parts, and demanding comments before they write the next part. It not only frustrates the readers, it makes the authors look arrogant.

Authors, write your stories for all to enjoy, but do not force your readers to make comments on your stories. Your story will receive the comments it deserves, in due course.

I hope I don't have to write a Part II to this story ;)

My name was in there 3 times

Umm auctly I like it being how it is cause people just put cards in their avatar just too look cool, ahem (Mustang no hard feelings) so yea.

I agree with Glutgod. If you have proven yourself strong in one area, then just put the card in your avatar. If you're a girl, use the queens. That's all it has to be.

thx guys…… grrrrrrr!

dabear mite have been passed, but the dabear will attack unsuspecting rule breakers who post in the wrong section with *scary sound effects* NEGATIVE REP POINTS :eek: *end of scary sound effects* DAHAHAHAHA!!! :pirashoot:

btw i passed Big Joe (AT LAST!!!!) sorry joe jk lol :D

thx for destroying my rep.

I'm going to be off of getdare for a little bit because of the above. I can't go for a week reading the forums without someone saying something about me/against me. Its getting annoying. So please do me a favor and BACK OFF!