PDA

View Full Version : Changes coming to getDare (teaser thread)

depp
08-16-2008, 03:23 AM
So I've started working on a large secret project that will be taking priority over the forums upgrade I announced a week ago. I don't want to say what is coming but I can say it will make the site about a million times cooler.

This new secret project will be beneficial to EVERY part of getDare when completed. It will touch almost every page on getDare in some way when complete.

I can't say what the new project is now other than its codename: Unification

There is no estimated date of completion for this massive undertaking but it is already well underway with many important milestones already complete. When Project Unification is complete we will take on new staff and then begin the forums upgrade along with a general refresh of the site. Not all benefits of Project Unification will be known until the final refresh.

This is only a teaser of what will come. Hard details will come later. To complicate things school starts soon for me. Things may be put on hold as my time increasingly disappears.

Trystaan
08-16-2008, 03:28 AM
DEPP this is worse than a good cliffhanger on a story. How dare you!!!

On a serious term. Sounds really good and I hope you will be able to finish it before you go back to school. Thanks for the site as it is and the site that it is no doubt going to become.

xTrYsTaNx

Davros
08-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Unification = One? Hmmm.

Can't wait :D

youngscotsman
08-16-2008, 01:54 PM
damn a hate cliff hangers,, its a gd one,,,, can u give us any more clues ??????? pleaseee:(

Trystaan
08-16-2008, 01:57 PM
I have an idea. You could give us seemingly meaningless riddles like they have done at Bungie.net with the lastest weekly update. Then we can all guess what the riddles really mean. :eek:

xTrYsTaNx

banneduser
08-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Well given the fact that rep has been removed one would assume that a replacement system could well be in development, and the codename is suggestive of uniting everyone and a good rep system would do that.

just an idea...

depp
08-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Sadly this has nothing to do with rep. I can't fix the rep system until I do the forum upgrades. New rep and an IRC based chat will be added at that time.

erick92
08-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Yay! IRC! IRC is my favorite form of chatting. Thanks for the information, can't wait until it's done.

ramsies11
08-16-2008, 04:59 PM
whens that gonna be?

youngscotsman
08-17-2008, 07:06 AM
wots IRC people,, a've never heard of it ?

naked40
08-17-2008, 10:22 AM
wots IRC people,, a've never heard of it ?

From Wikiedia;
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a form of real-time Internet chat or synchronous conferencing. It is mainly designed for group communication in discussion forums called channels, but also allows one-to-one communication via private message, as well as chat and data transfers via Direct Client-to-Client.

glue
08-17-2008, 10:31 AM
its alot like now but better

looking forward to these upgrades

Musty 21
08-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Depp, you take away my rep, you pass me in posts, and now you give us a major cliff hanger. I call this a love hate relationship ^^

looking forward to it depp

oreo_is_back
08-26-2008, 04:24 PM
-Frowns.- Depp, that aint fair. You were whispering sweet nothings into my ear last night! Ad when it comes to now! BOOM! Nothing, all secretive and such. Hmpf!

andom4444
08-26-2008, 04:28 PM
The fact that Vbulletin has released a number of nw security features must come into the equation!

I am taking bets on it being the new style forum and perhaps a new custom theme!

I was to take a wild guess i might suggest that you were going to use vbadvanced :D

depp
08-26-2008, 06:43 PM
The fact that Vbulletin has released a number of nw security features must come into the equation!

I am taking bets on it being the new style forum and perhaps a new custom theme!

I was to take a wild guess i might suggest that you were going to use vbadvanced

This is the only very smallest part of what I have in store. :)

I'm going to close this thread because I just started school and don't have time to launch these changes yet. Just know that big things are coming. :D