PDA

View Full Version : Picture Dares and compitition.

depp=noob=lol
03-21-2007, 09:12 AM
ok i have an idea, and maybe you guys like it and maybe not, so plz bfr ending up saying that this is rubbish, remember that it is only a dare

Wouldnt it be great if there would be a section on the site called Picture your Dare. In this section you can proof your dares by setting a picture (that is prohibited on the other sections right?) and every week or every 2 weeks the staff set a Dare for points. and the following week everybody can post the proof of the dare in the thread as reply. When the time for the dare is over, the staff will give like points (a new kind of reputation i guess) for everbody who has whos proof is good enough and have done the dare. Every member would get a point total and so everybody can see how daring you are! and the most daring member would maybe even get a trophy!

So bassicly i ask 2 things
1) a new section where ppl are aloud to post dare pictures
2) a weekly or biweekly compition with 1 dare for points

the compition has or 1) have non-sexual dares so that young members (18-) could play too or 2) has to be 18+

So what do you guys think?

Smile Guy
03-21-2007, 12:50 PM
We've had more exclusive forums before and they've tended to make this a bit too private and non-inclusive.

I do however like the idea of a challenge forum where the staff set a weekly dare for everyone to do.

cheesy dude
03-21-2007, 01:29 PM
i dont know. i think been able to post picture on the site may just change the site into somthing it isnt.

i see where your coming from but i think it may change the site a bit much.

Rob
03-21-2007, 02:17 PM
I do like the whole idea of a getDare challenge. I think that would be really neat and produce interesting results. Of course, we would need a moderator that is specifically in charge of the getDare challenge. A whole forum dedicated to a weekly/ biweekly/ monthly challenge would be a great idea!

depp
03-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Can't do pictures here. Don't really want to go into why.

Glutgod
03-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Yea I thought that, the rules say no pics, so yea, maby in a private formm or sumtin.

depp=noob=lol
03-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Can't do pictures here. Don't really want to go into why.

ok, i think we can blow the idea of a challenge off too then... if depp doesnt want pictures then how do we know if somebody is really doing a dare... we could use photobucket etc

To depp: would it be a problem to set URLs in replys and when you click on the url you see something doing the dare.. just so that the pictures are not at the getDare servers?

cheesy dude
03-22-2007, 09:15 AM
the only solution that doesnt involve showing pictures on the site is that you show another member you TRUST, so they can just post 'ye i saw them do it'.

Then we rely on peoples good will to not lie and cheat and stuff. what dya think bout that?

depp=noob=lol
03-22-2007, 09:28 AM
i like it but i dont think a point system will work unless otherwise an moderator gets the proof.

A point system wont work when it is easy to lie...sorry enough.

cheesy dude
03-22-2007, 09:39 AM
well, a moderator i dont know if they would want to be pestered with looking at pics and verifing stuff... so thats a no i think.

Powerstrip
03-22-2007, 01:18 PM
I think setting a weekly/fortnightly/etc task is a great idea. Whether people do it or not is irrelevant. If they lie and say they did do it, who loses out?

They do.

depp
03-22-2007, 01:19 PM
What about the chat room for games?

depp=noob=lol
03-22-2007, 02:09 PM
I think setting a weekly/fortnightly/etc task is a great idea. Whether people do it or not is irrelevant. If they lie and say they did do it, who loses out?

They do.

i think it would be great to have a task every week but you cant make a point system if it is to easy to lie... that is what i mean

Glutgod
03-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Yea I agree with depp=noob=lol, you could just lie about it.

depp=noob=lol
03-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Yea I agree with depp=noob=lol, you could just lie about it.

yes, and they will only do that if there is a point system. so for point you need proof, simply enough.!

userben
03-22-2007, 10:45 PM
ok if u need to find some one to take up the task i will and i will take pic for proof of the task after i see the pic and it profes that the task is done illl deleted them it will be 100% unamess(i cant spell very good:mad: :confused: :( )i log on at least every day if not more then 2-3 times a day

depp=noob=lol
03-23-2007, 01:02 AM
it would be great if you want to make sure that this will work userben.

i hope that a new (sub)forum will start soon so that this can get rollin'

Musty 21
03-23-2007, 07:12 PM
i think that we do need a weekly thing or something. It would be nice to get some games on the chat. Tic-Tac-Toe maybe?

Glutgod
03-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Yea tic tac toe is fun to play on the chat..

boser moses
03-23-2007, 07:56 PM
(i know im not staff i just have an idea)

what if we set up a pm account that people could just send the pics to, and the owner of the account could just post a few best ones and maby some of the winners.

any comments?

userben
03-23-2007, 09:40 PM
(i know im not staff i just have an idea)

what if we set up a pm account that people could just send the pics to, and the owner of the account could just post a few best ones and maby some of the winners.

any comments?

depp doesnot want pics on forums and if we do set this up ill set up an email with yahoo if you want me to thats were u can send pics and maybe it could be more user acctive like we start a forum for ideas on what the dare should be and who ever is in charge the person pick top 3-5 and put in a poll so the users could vote on what they want to do