PDA

View Full Version : Uncompleted stories!!

brick2240
08-06-2008, 06:26 AM
Why are there so many stoires that are left uncompleted?
Is it just me, or should there be bad rep or something for not finishing a story, paricuallygood ones!!!

At least let us know if your not going to finish your story

Davros
08-06-2008, 07:52 AM
Is it just me, or should there be bad rep or something for not finishing a story, paricuallygood ones!!!

-Rep for not completing a story? That's probably one of the daftest ideas I've heard. Some people can't finish stories due to several reasons. Some people just give up.

I agree that the writers could at least let us know, but there's no need to get worked up over it. When stories are abandoned, they are often left to die in the threads.

andom4444
08-06-2008, 08:06 AM
i say we have a seperate section for stories that have yet to be finished. once completed they can be added to a "full stories" section :)

Night-1991
08-06-2008, 08:06 AM
-Rep for not completing a story? That's probably one of the daftest ideas I've heard. Some people can't finish stories due to several reasons. Some people just give up.

I agree that the writers could at least let us know, but there's no need to get worked up over it. When stories are abandoned, they are often left to die in the threads.

I have to agree with you there, -rep for not finishing a story is stupid, what if the writer loses their internet connection for five months and they come back to find out they got bad rep for that, it wouldn't be fair.

Davros
08-06-2008, 08:14 AM
i say we have a seperate section for stories that have yet to be finished. once completed they can be added to a "full stories" section :)

A "draft" section could be good where writers draft and get comments/ideas. Then they could put the completed versions in the story section.

SubMissChievous
08-06-2008, 08:53 AM

Before giving bad rep to a person for an incomplete story wouldn't you want to know why the story isn't finished in the 1st place? Some people can lose inspiration or are being too busy with other stuff like studies which is a bit more important than a getDare story... I've seen some users start a story & not post back in it for weeks/months & then come back to continue it. As long as we don't know why they are not posting back why "punishing" them?

I like this idea a lot! Some of the older completed stories would get more exposure & be easier to find for newer members :)

vivala_dare
08-06-2008, 10:26 AM
i have a few stories at the min that i aint completed coz i have block or to busy. what would u rather have a quick rushed story thats shit or 1 that takes longer to be posted that apsolute mint.

Davros
08-06-2008, 10:28 AM
i have a few stories at the min that i aint completed coz i have block or to busy. what would u rather have a quick rushed story thats shit or 1 that takes longer to be posted that apsolute mint.

We're not saying that. There's a difference between *on-going* stories and *completely abandoned* stories :)

If you post in your thread saying you'll continue it in the near future, that's alright :)

vivala_dare
08-06-2008, 10:30 AM
yeh got to agree with u davros ive done that a few times

soldier
08-06-2008, 12:01 PM
We're not saying that. There's a difference between *on-going* stories and *completely abandoned* stories :)

If you post in your thread saying you'll continue it in the near future, that's alright :)

Perhaps we could be creative about the problem. Stories that are left hanging could be taken up by others... :)

shadoweater
08-06-2008, 09:38 PM

Trouble with this is there's some stories that don't really need an end. They just keep going until the author runs out of ideas, kind of like a TV series.

brick2240
08-07-2008, 04:35 AM

Yep - I like this better than my own idea...

I understand that yes, sometimes there are reasons why stories don't get finished, and perhaps a "full stories" section is the way to go