PDA

View Full Version : Getdare having a make over?

oreo_is_back
08-03-2008, 02:49 PM
OK, I noticed that Kinktalk has had a make over (Looks good by the way) and I was just wondering if Getdare would have one? I mean the orange and blue is kinda dodgey, but that's just me being a fussy female, but aye.
It's the one thing I love and hate about the site. The dodgey colour!

banneduser
08-03-2008, 02:57 PM
I like the contrast, it helps define stuff better. I hate forums that use one colour, like all blue just varying the shades. It really doesnt work.

Davros
08-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Depp says there's an update coming this way soon. We've had the colour discussion before and decided we liked it :D

oreo_is_back
08-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Oh.. I like the colour, because it's weird and defines GD, but I hate it because the clash! XD

banneduser
08-03-2008, 03:53 PM
To be honest i think that most websites use clashing colours. I started trying to design websites (and found i sucked at design so i stuck to coding :P) and found that if i used colours that went together just looked horrible, and most sites that look good use contrasting colours these days.

oreo_is_back
08-03-2008, 04:38 PM
But Kintalk has a cool background, it's darkish with white. It looks good. Blue and orange is just alien. XD

erick92
08-03-2008, 05:24 PM
I never really minded the theme, but I do agree that it could be upgraded and made look better.

Davros
08-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Oh.. I like the colour, because it's weird and defines GD, but I hate it because the clash! XD

It doesn't clash... o_O

It reminds me of Jaffa Cakes, even though I hate them xD

But Kintalk has a cool background, it's darkish with white. It looks good. Blue and orange is just alien. XD

Alien is good.

I never really minded the theme, but I do agree that it could be upgraded and made look better.

The colour scheme and layout has worked since 2005, so if it aint broken, don't fix it.

I think we had a poll a while ago about the colour schemes etc, and we had an idea that we'd have a new theme for every month/special occassion. For those who remember, we had a "Brownie hacked getDare" one for April 1st. However, we then thought it'd be too hard to keep changing the theme.

Also, orange and blue IS getDare. You can't change something which is definitive really. Or if you do, you need a reason. As I've said, this has lasted since 2005 and it's great. Plus, if Depp asked for our opinions on colour, we'd all want totally different things, so it's cool as it is :)

Oh, and you can't use KinkTalk as an example because that's still relatively new. Depp's messing around a bit to see what works and what doesn't. Every site undergoes initial experiments when it launches.

vivala_dare
08-05-2008, 01:51 PM
had an idea come to me how about a improved calander.

you get a calander in the blogs but it would be good if you could set reminders on it so when you log on it tells you info

e.g. its such a persons b-day dont forget to pm them

dont forget to add the next part to your story

its time for your weekly wank

i think this would be a good feature. any 1 else got an opion on this

Musty 21
08-05-2008, 05:53 PM
i know a really long time ago depp said he had plans for the front page... depp *cough*

oreo_is_back
08-05-2008, 07:57 PM

Jaffa Cakes! That's it! Knew it reminded me of something. And yes I eat Jaffa cakes only when i'm REALLY hungry,otherwise I hate'em. =(

Insomnia
08-06-2008, 03:13 AM

Jaffa Cakes! That's it! Knew it reminded me of something. And yes I eat Jaffa cakes only when i'm REALLY hungry,otherwise I hate'em. =(
What is wrong with you...Jaffa Cakes are great! (and not a biscuit)

Oh, and the colours are good - distinctive, and easy to tell the difference between site functionality and the rest of the page

ramsies11
08-06-2008, 11:22 AM
hmmm...i dont mind the colors