PDA

View Full Version : New xbox one

zmoody1
05-21-2013, 03:30 PM
so what does everyone think of it?

the only BIG improvements from my personal view is the 8 core chip, 8GB of ram, 500GB internal hard drive and the blue ray player.

what i HATE about it is that it isnt reverse compatible. so bye bye old 360 and old xbox games. have to buy them again.

whats everyone elses opinions?

phanmail
05-21-2013, 04:29 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png

Thats a straight up cheat that it isn't backwards compatible. I will only buy 8 copies of the console and complain about all glitches on the incessantly while I do it. Most of which will refer to the launch as "the worst launch of all time!" only with more misspelled words and terrible capitalization.

fromo
05-21-2013, 05:25 PM
The no backwards compatibility isn't the worse thing, the worse thing is the anti pre-owned games feature and the online required features.

You need to have an internet connection to register pre-owned games and re-pay for the game.

This has most of my thoughts on the matter, those god dam morons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sz-k8dmY34

spacegal24
05-21-2013, 06:31 PM
I saw that and I wasn't surprised at all. Console gaming is very quickly dying. That's why I much prefer playing games on a PC instead of a console. I do have a Wii U but that's because I love Nintendo.

phanmail
05-21-2013, 06:58 PM
The no backwards compatibility isn't the worse thing, the worse thing is the anti pre-owned games feature and the online required features.

You need to have an internet connection to register pre-owned games and re-pay for the game.

This has most of my thoughts on the matter, those god dam morons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sz-k8dmY34

There goes my main source of income while in school. Xbox has killed off everal major game dealers.

It also screws over people in rural areas where a constant connection may not be avaibile. I'd say it screws low income people too but if you can't afford an internet connection you can't afford a new Xbox

I saw that and I wasn't surprised at all. Console gaming is very quickly dying. That's why I much prefer playing games on a PC instead of a console. I do have a Wii U but that's because I love Nintendo.

Good gaming PCs run into the thousands, a good console is only 500 so I think they may hang around a bit longer.

spacegal24
05-22-2013, 01:08 AM
Good gaming PCs run into the thousands, a good console is only 500 so I think they may hang around a bit longer.

Honestly, I could probably build you a decent gaming PC for about 5 or 600 dollars, and it'll run games a lot better and faster than consoles. Now, if you simply want overkill, like running Crysis 3 or Metro at optimum settings, then yeah, it'll cost a pretty penny. It is totally worth it, though. Completely worth it.

Grindboy
05-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Unfortunately these next gen announcements have lead me to believe that I'm now a PC gamer. Nothing about the Xbox One excited me and despite being an Xbox gamer since the original the PS4 actually gor me more excited.

There was too little game news and almost nothing of value for non-Americans. If you weren't a sports fan or an American cable tv subscriber all you got from that announcement was a console shaped like a vcr and and a higher fidelity Kinect sensor.

Maybe I'll be more excited as we learn more.