PDA

View Full Version : Slavery to the Holy Virgin

whitewarrior
07-21-2008, 01:33 AM
So I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m a pretty devout Catholic whose major vice just happens to be things exactly like this website – S/M stuff, especially. It’s really crazy, because I honestly don’t even get that much out of it. I don’t know what draws me to it, except the idea of being controlled and owned is for some reason very appealing to me. I don’t know why, but there it is. The trouble is that this conflicts almost directly with my faith life. I love Jesus more than anything, and this temptation is clearly sinful in the eyes of the Church. I thought these two were major clashes, and I still to this day struggle to fight my tendency toward this.
Then I discovered something that is strangely geared toward my submissive tendencies and is perfectly aligned with Christ’s mission of winning souls: that is, Total Consecration to the Blessed Virgin Mary, in the style of St. Louis Marie Grignon de Montfort. By going through the process of preparation, and finally making an act of consecration to the Blessed Mother (or, actually, Christ through His Mother), one effectively pronounces oneself a slave to the will of Mary. The aspects of this slavery are remarkably similar to aspects of the usual internet slavery (except, of course, markedly non-sexual). The beginning phase involves coming to understand one’s own worthlessness as a sinful human being – St. de Montfort even suggests comparing oneself to a worm or a slime-covered toad – who is completely dependent on the mercy of Christ. By making oneself a slave to Mary, one promises to do His will through Her, for Her, and with Her in everything, even in things we do not find attractive. This is much like the ideal slave life, where we do things for our Master even if we find them repugnant. Consecration to the Blessed Mother even involves wearing a lifelong chain as a symbol of your submission to the will of Christ through Mary. I even got a tattoo of a Marian symbol that will be with me for life as a sign of my submission and devotion.
Here’s hoping that the admins don’t shoot this one down. I know it doesn’t have anything directly to do with the typical S/M relationship, but it is an interesting and holy alternative for any interested Catholics out there struggling with the same problems I am. Anyone interested in learning more about the Consecration, please e-mail me at [email protected], or send me a pm.
God Bless.

Bandit|Queen
07-22-2008, 07:11 AM
Why can't a loving relationship that incorporates M/s work with your faith? If a couple are in love, like many are in the BDSM world online or off then why does it........
The trouble is that this conflicts almost directly with my faith life.

This isn't me attacking your religion in any way but me merely asking why you feel that you can't have both BDSM and your faith into your life. Is it the sexual side that appeals to you or the overall control? If it is the control then surely there isn't anything wrong with that.

I just want to be able to understand more and this is something I havn't seen discussed before :)

TrekBoy008
07-22-2008, 08:03 AM
I believe that it has to do with the fact that Catholicism views sex as something that should be done strictly for procreation without any sort of bells or whistles attached to it. Even birth control is prohibited.

AceofSpades
07-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Actually Trekboy, the Catholic Church changed their official view from "sex is only for procreation" to "sex is for procreation as well as to show the unity between two married people". Therefore, I don't think that a BDSM relationship WITHIN a marraige would be morally wrong, as long as the couple is using the activity respectfully and lovingly. I do however think that the Catholic Church would be completely against at the very least the sexual side of BDSM outside of marraige, like it would with vanilla sexual relations as well. Catholic couples can have all the "bells and whistles" they want, as long as it serves as a mechanism for them to become closer to each other within the marraige.
Good ole Catholic education.

algernon
07-22-2008, 09:45 AM
That's correct, Ace. The major sticking point is that the Christian Bible sees sexual activity as something that should only happen between two married people. The Old Testament forbids premarital and extramarital sex, but in the New Testament Jesus expands the definition of adultery to include all forms of lust. Specifically, I believe he says that even looking at a woman sexually is a sin.

This is the major lifestyle clash. In theory, I guess two married Christians could have a M/s relationship, but since it's supposed to stay 'inside' the marriage, they would proabably never join a site like this or talk about what they did with anyone.

TrekBoy008
07-22-2008, 09:05 PM
I stand corrected.

whitewarrior
07-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Yeah, yall are right. At the very least I'm glad to have been able to open for discussion something that would probably not have come up.

Catholicism teaches that sex outside of marriage, and even sex inside of marriage that doesn't serve the dual purpose of procreation and unification is disordered.

Anyhow, my purpose wasn't to sound judgmental at all. I just wanted to bring it up because it's definitely tied to submissiveness but in a new way that might not be considered.

Drummer_Dom
07-23-2008, 01:10 AM
This is interesting to me because I am also a believer. Though my Christianity has grown through the years to not-quite represent what I was taught in church, I still believe very strongly in a benificient, omnipotent and omniscient Creator. I even used to be the drummer of a pretty popular (in the midwest) Christian rock Band.

Faith and modern sexual practices (not just bdsm) will always seem like something that should be in conflict, but I've struck a balance I'm happy with and it's not really an issue for me anymore.

For others, you might check out a thing called "Taken in Hand" Relationships.