PDA

View Full Version : Chat problem - ignored

anonimousbob
07-14-2008, 10:24 AM
I have been ignored in the chat rooms by another user, this in itself does not bother me, however whenever this person is the chat at the same time a message comes up saying I am ignored by them and it won't go away. I have clicked on the ok and the x but it won't close the message. I also cannot interact with the chat in any way while the message is displayed. This is very frustrating as it prevents me using the chat at all.

Does anyone know a way to solve the problem?

Davros
07-14-2008, 10:45 AM
I have been ignored in the chat rooms by another user, this in itself does not bother me, however whenever this person is the chat at the same time a message comes up saying I am ignored by them and it won't go away. I have clicked on the ok and the x but it won't close the message. I also cannot interact with the chat in any way while the message is displayed. This is very frustrating as it prevents me using the chat at all.

Does anyone know a way to solve the problem?

I had the exact same problem too. I'd click X but it'd keep popping up.

I just left the chat for a day or two and re-entered. Worked fine after that.

anonimousbob
07-15-2008, 02:01 AM
I had the exact same problem too. I'd click X but it'd keep popping up.

I just left the chat for a day or two and re-entered. Worked fine after that.

It works fine when the person isn't there, but my issue is that yesterday I was in the middle of a conversation with someone and couldnt finish it

cheesy dude
07-23-2008, 02:54 PM
lol looks like depp will have to look into this one. But i will offer a tempery solution erm... dont get ignored? lol joke.

depp
07-23-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm not convinced this is happening to everyone. Can others confirm that this problem effects all users?

AceofSpades
07-23-2008, 09:15 PM
:eek:
Depp, are you asking people to get ignored intentionally in the chat room to see if we all have that problem too?

Haha seems funny, the head mod asking people to be ignored, in a roundabout kind of way.

and of course, I understand that you can politely ask someone to ban you, but some people may read Depp's excuse a s a request to annoy people to get ignored :)

depp
07-23-2008, 09:18 PM
I worded that poorly.

What I want is people who know they are already ignored by another user to come foward and let me know if they are having this problem or not. I need a bigger sample size.

depp
07-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Ok, the problem is users abusing the system by constantly ignoring and then unignoring other users to create a flood of popups.

For the time being I have disabled the ignore feature. All existing ignores will be in effect by new ignores will not be accepted. I need time to look into how I can remove the ignore box from appearing.

depp
07-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Okay, I have found in the code where the message box causing the problem is invoked. Enabled ignoring again before running a little test in the chat and everything seems fine.

cheesy dude
07-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Nice job dude... less than an hour best 50mins time well spent. Cheers depp

depp
07-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Well the actual work was like 10 min. The hardest part, and bulk of the work, was hunting down the code that pops the box up.