PDA

View Full Version : Lol

boser moses
03-10-2007, 07:52 PM
sry if this is stupid to anyone, but did anyone else notice that the getdare logo is "getDare". (the d is a capital but the g is no)

is it like this for any certian reson i wonder? (maby because the dare is more important then the get)

lol

i just thought it was funny.

Kingkong
03-10-2007, 08:22 PM
I think it was meant to be like that.....

Musty 21
03-10-2007, 09:24 PM
its like a title.... the get is not important so it is not capital. The dare is, so it is capital.

TrekBoy008
03-10-2007, 09:36 PM
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but it reminds me of the naming protocol in Java and other programming languages where variable names can't have spaces. Instead, to distinguish between words in a name, the first letter of each new word is capitalized, with the exception of the first word which is completely lower case.
Example (in Java):
int numPostsSenior = 100;
where numPostsSenior is an integer with a value of 100 (the number of posts necessary to become a senior member).

depp
03-12-2007, 04:28 PM
I don't want to solve the mystery of the "getDare" logo but somebody is getting close. :)

Smile Guy
03-13-2007, 11:34 AM
I don't want to solve the mystery of the "getDare" logo but somebody is getting close. :)

Hehe. I have no idea why but that made me laugh.

And I've always automatically put getDare, then found other people calling it getdare... so I changed it to Getdare. Now, I shall be changing it back to getDare. <-- UNINTERESTING STORY. W00T!

boser moses
03-13-2007, 02:46 PM
do you capitalize the D for .... Depp

so it would be like
get D(epp)are or get depps' dares

if its not that then i give up

Temho
03-13-2007, 02:55 PM
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but it reminds me of the naming protocol in Java and other programming languages where variable names can't have spaces. Instead, to distinguish between words in a name, the first letter of each new word is capitalized, with the exception of the first word which is completely lower case.
Example (in Java):

int numPostsSenior = 100;

...please don't start converting things into code at random. Enough of my brain has oozed out from lurking around the Futurama forums.:rolleyes: Honestly, if it wern't for Depp's post I would assume it was just a stylistic thing but now I'm curious.

Rob
03-14-2007, 03:14 AM
I bet it was the javascript one. If you knew javascript and wanted to create a command where on a button you would get a dare, you would probably write getDare.

depp=noob=lol
03-14-2007, 07:46 AM
[LOL MODE ON] it is just because depp wanted to call his site DARE.COM but it already excisted, so that for he just needed 3 random lettres, the G E and T. because he didnt want to loose his DARE.COM dream, he gave the D a capital [/LOL MODE OFF]

boser moses
03-14-2007, 03:41 PM
The mystery is solved

elementry my dare watson

Musty 21
03-14-2007, 04:58 PM
i was thinking something like that but not like it. I thought when they got forums it was getDare without it was just Dare lol o well