PDA

View Full Version : The Last Time...

Hampers
07-13-2008, 05:59 AM
Have you ever gone through an event, where you knew, as you were doing it, that it would be the last time you would ever be able to do it?

What was the event?

Did you feel nostalgia?

Sadness?

A sense of being adrift?

Bandit|Queen
07-13-2008, 07:10 AM
The last time my sister was at home before she moved out.

We are very close and ended up having a terrible argument and getting very emotional. I wanted her to go from the point of view that she was gaining independence but I sure as hell didn't want her to leave me at home without her :(

She's now moved even further away since so I see her less, but each time I see her we have an amazing time and we haven't drifted at all :D

Hampers
07-13-2008, 07:52 AM
That's... good? Sad? Help me I'm a man and I need to be told how to think!

To answer my own question, the only time a 'last-time' has ever happened to me has been with ending relationships. I have this thing that I like life to be kind of cyclical, and this is one of the few times I succeeded. The last kiss I got was at the same train station, on the same platform as the first one. Which was very sweet (were I not heartbroken at the time) and cinematic (were there cameras around).

But aside from that, I've never had someone close to me die, I've never had someone move out, I've never had an important event stop, and I knew it was the last time.

Bandit|Queen
07-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Well it's good even though she has moved away we still have a great time when we see each other and make the most of the time we do get together.

Also my Mum died when I was 11 but I thought I'd write about someone my cheerful. As you bought it up though at her funeral which I guess was the last time I said goodbye, I felt lost, guilty (for reasons I won't go into), confused, depressed, empty, beyond sad and basically just can't even explain it. Some things never heal and this is one of them for me, it gets less of a sensitive subject but not easier and time doesn't heal.

\hope that was more what you meant :)