PDA

View Full Version : Everything about Tessdog

chain
03-10-2007, 07:31 PM
So earlier today, Tessdog was making claims that if he was allowed to become a mod, he would make the site better and we would have 2000+ new members along with other things. Keep in mind he had about 75 posts earlier today. After a few members told him that begging was not the way to become a mod, I PMed him because he wouldn't stop. He begged kept begging and then got hostile when he began to realize he may have destroyed his chance to be a mod. He started personally attacking me, and making posts about how the staff (especially me) are crap. So, I sent his initial post stating his opinions to the trashcan. This way, people could see his opinions, but he nor anyone else could make any more stupid posts. However, he edited it, turning it into a post about bashing others and getDare. Therefore, I deleted the post, which led to links that he posted not working. I gave him a formal warning, which was followed up with a 2 week probation given by Cheesey Dude. Tessdog had many complaints, which included: I am power hungry, I am taking away the democracy of getDare, I am not giving him a chance to be a mod. However, I am a fair mod (I think) I enforce getDare's rules, I have recommended that we needed new mods about 2 months ago which means I am not power hungry. getDare is not a democracy either. Normally this kind of information would not be released, but there seems to be quite a bit of commotion about Tessdog. Also, after he found out he couldn't alter the site as a mod, he wanted to become an admin......kinda scary to give control of the site to a relative newbie who didn't even have 100 posts....let alone 80.

Musty 21
03-10-2007, 09:42 PM
tess dog wanted to be a mod before he had 80 posts. I some day want to be a mod but i think i need to wait a bit longer because i am new here. btw could you tell me what and admin is?

TrekBoy008
03-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Based on my experience with my forum using SuddenLaunch, an admin(istrator) is just a mod with much more power, possibly including the ability to create new sections and/or delete/ban members.

Kingkong
03-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Chain please tell the SECOND PART so I dont look like a complete idoit. lol

Rob
03-11-2007, 05:10 AM
There is no second part, because anybody who decides to follow somebody that power-hungry and is that much of a jerk is indeed an idiot. Think of anytime you see a group of bullies: the ring leader is the smartest and the rest are just a bunch of brain-dead zombies. Tessdog was not good for getDare, but it is good for everybody to see that those kinds of people are out there. I personally would like to be a mod, but not everyone can be. I have, however done things to show depp that I am capable of being a mod, unlike tessdog who sat on his precious beautiful stories. I told depp my good ideas to help getDare, like tessdog's precious story section. If it weren't for me, tessdog would not have been able to post a story for a good while. The second tessdog started begging to be a mod, I was the first one to shoot him down. I don't know if I'll ever become a moderator of getDare, but I have been a mod elsewhere, and I begged to be a mod at one place that I am now banned from. Begging is not the way to go.

Was that a satisfying second part, Kingkong?

Smile Guy
03-11-2007, 05:28 AM
This whole thing is a complete and utter mess. I have no idea how this happen. It is a shame to lose tessdog as a contributor as he was keeping and probably helped make the Truth or Dare Stories section a great place.

I have no idea where his sudden desperation and "aggression" came from.

Musty 21
03-11-2007, 09:38 AM
u people are blind..... i think kingkong is the third tessdog

wedgieguy
03-11-2007, 09:47 AM
hey don't you guys I.P log?

depp=noob=lol
03-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Yeah, i heard that you moderators have ip log so just block those ip's ...

chain
03-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Well Tessdog is not BANNED! Kingkong is supposedly his cousins, but if Tess posts on that profile it will be banned, along with his original profile. Tessdog is on probation for two weeks though, and he has said that he is sorry, and we can all look forward to continuing stories.

Manbearpig
03-11-2007, 05:18 PM
From what i heard from Cheesydude yesterday, kingkong, thehippiespy (the guy who wanted the Tessdog fanclub right after he got banned) and kingkong had different IP addresses. I really find it kind of weird because of one person's actions, getDare could get changed forever.

Musty 21
03-11-2007, 05:26 PM
tessdog is banned now and if you ask me all posts about him, by him or threads by him should be removed so we can move forward and stop all this camotion

chain
03-11-2007, 05:37 PM
I don't want to delete some of his stories though.....

Manbearpig
03-11-2007, 06:54 PM
yea i loved his stories but i agree with the decision of him being banned. Although he broke the rules and now is banned because of it, his contributions before he went power hungry yesterday were great and i loved his stories. I agree with chaing he should keep his stories.

Dare861
03-11-2007, 10:14 PM
So. Tess is banned now...

Is this permanent, and if so, what events lead up to him being banned instead of probationized?

Just curious!

-Daredude

chain
03-12-2007, 01:37 PM
He was officially BANNED for 3 accounts and continued posting, even while on probation.

Rob
03-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Thank goodness. I do not care how good he is at being a mod, writing HTML, tying his shoes, or telling stories. I do not care that he practically saved the storyboard, which I would thank him for, seeing as it was me who first introduced the idea. I do not care about him. We are lucky that he is gone for good. He may have been the best moderator in the whole wide world, but getDare will never know. There are some people who are so power-hungry they would do anything. Tessdog reminds me somewhat of Hitler, in his quest for power. It really makes me wonder; If we had succomed to his requests to be both a mod and an admin, what would getDare become?

I shouldn't dare think that. That person was a menace and I am glad they are gone.

TrekBoy008
03-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Tessdog reminds me somewhat of Hitler, in his quest for power.

Don't you think that that comparison is a bit harsh and unjustified. All we are really talking about here is (apparently) a computer nerd who had a bit of a superiority complex.

Rob
03-12-2007, 03:36 PM
And Hitler was an arrogant, evil man with a superiority complex.

depp
03-12-2007, 04:03 PM
The only person who can make anyone a moderator is me. I don't have too many currently because it makes things very complicated to follow. Typically people I choose are recommended to me or those that ask and have been around here for a long time.

I have had lots of offers by people to help me work on the site. This is hard for me to do. The site runs on three different scripts and the front page is my own special brand of crazy.

In the future, if you want to be a moderator, show me over time that you would be a great pick. If you have an idea, PM me. I am always open to stuff.

cheesy dude
03-13-2007, 10:03 AM
And Hitler was an arrogant, evil man with a superiority complex.

hmmm... what i am about to say may cause alot of croversy but here it goes:

i have done an in depty study of hitler in the lead up to WW2 and during it. To me before the first WW he was pretty normal if not above average intellegance. When he took power in german (though he used erm...some what unusual and crule metgods to win the vote) was quite clever and as seen by many at the time as a hero. He took germany out of the depression and brought it back to been a world power.
I do agree that he was wierd but you gotta admit his foriegn policy was very bloody good! He took back chechzavackia and the rhineland to crowds of cheering german-speakers. (admittedly the only reason britain let him was because the were only going to be ready for war in 1940.)

as a side note: found in hitlers memoirs he clearly says that in 1939 he will go to war with britain and france over poland. (this prooves true)

i cant really be ased to go into any more detail but my point is HITLER was a bad man but he had some cool aspects EG; popular with his people (how many leaders today are +90% popular with there people?), had a good foriegn policy, and damn did he know how to get peoples adrenelin going in his speeches. wow

BUT he was a bad man and he DID order the deaths of over 6million jews, 1million slavs, 30,000 homosexuals and 50,000 disabled people.

just to remind you though when people want to say some 1 is bad or a bit power obseesed HITLER was no where near the worst dictator of the time.

STALIN (the russian leader during and after WW2) killed almost doulble the amout of civilians HITLER killed in his quest for power.

dont really know why i did this but i dont like it when people use hitlers name in a bad way because he had some great qualitys, (im not dening that he was an utter phyco and a bit of a &^*%$£!!!

but there you go. if any one wants to have a discussion over hitler and WW2 or WW1 i would be happy to chat.

thanks for reading all the way to the end :P

Truthgu
03-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Thank you! Someone did there research. I would also Like to add that Hitler was a great Acrhectect. His building idea's were insane. He was going to get rid of all of Berlin and make a new capital. You can read about on the Web or in a book. The Guy was smart but as Jew I find him to be a sick man. ( Also the Russian Dude was evil too. But yet so were most Crusaders and Spartans.) My point. A lot of people turn evil. Hitler became evil after becoming smart. He never learned his lesson. Or at least in time.... I have Learned my lesson. Thank you again for that little bit of histoy...... LOL

Smile Guy
03-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Anyway, before we go too off-topic...

The thing is, the only reason Tessdog created the last account was to try and contact me and he did seem to be showing signs of genuine repentance. I personally believed we should have allowed the two week probation to go pass and then given him a second chance. (He sounded quite imploring in his PM.) Maybe I'm just being a sucker but I think we should give the guy one more chance -- he sounded genuinely sorry.

Anyway, this sort of conversations should probably move to the mods new private board!

Maverick
03-13-2007, 03:55 PM
I'd like to add in two bits on the hitler comment, hitler didn't really have a superiority complex. Most historians believe he actually had an inferiority complex and was quite depressed. I don't think the analogy applies. Try Alexander the Great or someone...

Truthgu
03-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Smileguy, Thankyou If you ever have a melt down. I shall easily forgive you.... Thanks dude : ) Finally someone who acctualy shows me sympathy!

spat
03-14-2007, 06:09 AM
I understand that rules are rules but I always saw us as a forgiving society where each person is afforded the opportunity of a second chance before being put away.

depp
03-14-2007, 12:43 PM
I understand that rules are rules but I always saw us as a forgiving society where each person is afforded the opportunity of a second chance before being put away.
His account is on a 20 day probation. This is the standard spam probation period. getDare is not changing. Infractions are always a last resort for the staff. 90% of problems here are solved behind the scenes.

depp=noob=lol
03-14-2007, 01:10 PM
i think that what depp is saying is fair.
other people who get a probation wont make an seccond, third or fourth account and just think, ok two weeks no getdare, it is a pity but ok. they take that.
in this case somebody makes more accounts, i dont find it fair that, if you do it that way, your probitation would be cancelled. So i am happy that dare still has the probitation on.