PDA

View Full Version : Buying Crossdress clothes in public.

Blue Griffin
02-05-2013, 07:20 PM
So I usually don't bother with this type of thing, but I was wondering if anyone had a way to make public shopping for clothes less awkward?

In a store it feels awkward buying lingure. I haven't bought a shirt, or skirt yet, but that should also feel just as strange.

Check-out is really awakward too. I have only used the "my girl friend" saying because it was close to Valentines day and I knew guy and he hadn't seem mr in a while, but I know that won't work everywhere.

I could use self check out, but not every where has one.

I could go to goodwill ect, but I don't trust the quality of the items... Not the store, I have bought guy shirts and stuff, but buying a bra there I don't really trust.

So any advice?

Met
02-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Clerks wont notice unless you go to a changing room and try it out.
Online is always "safe" and often cheaper, here is just an example Skirt (http://www.bonprix.se/kategori/rea-dam-kjolar/) it is in swedish. but you get the idea.
If you feel you need to be more convincing text yourself the measures and ask a clerk for help,show them the text (you can always save your own number with a female name so the text displays says "from melissa". You can often ask them to gift wrap it too. I have only bought lingerie this way. Usually I just ask for direction and help at the start, saying I want this fabric, this size and this type.

You can always go to a secondhand store, they are usually smaller and people don't raise an eyebrow there, you can always say it is for a student spex if they do or a costume party .

Good luck

ParadoxLogos
02-07-2013, 10:38 AM
My only advice is to just do it. So far I've gone shopping twice at this place called Torrids, and the people were actually really helpful. The first time I must have paced in front of their store for an hour and a half (so it's not like I didn't get nervous going there). To me it was sort of like jumping in a cold lake. Once you go in and talk to them it's easier. I actually asked them about how to size pretty much everything for guys and they were more than happy to help me. While I didn't really give you any advice besides to try to just push past the awkwardness, for me at least it went away pretty fast when I did that. At least the people in the store I went to were very friendly and non-judgmental and when they can sense my nervousness [I'm not saying it goes away completely] they tell me that guys come in there all the time and not to worry about it. I know it can be hard but that's my only real advice, good luck with that.

Azz123
02-10-2013, 05:31 PM
It sounds like you've happily done it before, but if you want an easier option, you don't necessarily need to be in women's stores for women's clothes! Supermarkets and places like that should have plenty of things you could have fun with, simple panties, tights and stuff like that :D
The workers are probably busy clearing up or stacking shelves, so might not ask if you're needing help.
There should also be self checkouts so you can effectively do the whole shopping trip without having to speak to anyone! Of course that's missing half of the fun but it's good to start off with ;D

Blue Griffin
02-10-2013, 10:04 PM
It sounds like you've happily done it before, but if you want an easier option, you don't necessarily need to be in women's stores for women's clothes! Supermarkets and places like that should have plenty of things you could have fun with, simple panties, tights and stuff like that :D
The workers are probably busy clearing up or stacking shelves, so might not ask if you're needing help.
There should also be self checkouts so you can effectively do the whole shopping trip without having to speak to anyone! Of course that's missing half of the fun but it's good to start off with ;D

I know, I have gone to Khols and Walmart to buy once or twice, but just looking in the women section is still strange. It's also not the workers that's the only problem. Other shoppers can make it awkward too.

I'll have to check to see if those stores have self checkouts. I only know the grocery store has them, but that's not clothes!

Azz123
02-11-2013, 03:57 AM
I know, I have gone to Khols and Walmart to buy once or twice, but just looking in the women section is still strange. It's also not the workers that's the only problem. Other shoppers can make it awkward too.

I'll have to check to see if those stores have self checkouts. I only know the grocery store has them, but that's not clothes!

Ah I see :D I'd give suggestions but I don't even know any US stores xD

321tt
02-11-2013, 04:49 AM
I'm sorry if I sound badly, but isn't "feeling awkward" a bit part of cross-dressing? I mean, whenever you show yourself off in women's clothes, people will stare at you, and some will probably giggle.

Just get over it. The other people who shop there don't really care what you do there. And the shopkeepers don't care what you buy, as long as you do buy.

Last note considering "people will stare at you": I often stare at other people if there's something unusual about them. It doesn't mean that I think they are wrong or do something wrong. It is more my curiosity. It can be a guy in shorts shorter than short, a person who enters the swimming pool in thongs, cross-dresser, or even someone from a race that I don't meet often (I live in an area that is significantly mono-raced), two guys holding hands, etc. None of these things is wrong, still I (and others, too) cannot help it and stare.

gurly-guy
02-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Just push though it most people are more than happy to help you
Just say ur going to a cross-dress party and u need that item..

Azz123
02-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Just push though it most people are more than happy to help you
Just say ur going to a cross-dress party and u need that item..

Cross dress party.. That's ingenious, why have I never thought/ heard of this before?

Blue Griffin
02-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Cross dress party.. That's ingenious, why have I never thought/ heard of this before?

Don't know. It's a valid excuse since anytime can be "party time". Just make sure not to over sell it.