View Full Version : Harry Potter verses Twilight

princessmio
02-03-2013, 03:39 PM
hi everyone.

well Harry Potter or twilight which is better

i prefer Harry Potter

Suno
02-03-2013, 06:46 PM
It would be nice if you first stated why you think Harry Potter is better, or no-one will be too interested in this conversation.

Just a thought.

Evelyn
02-03-2013, 07:12 PM
I prefer Harry Potter. I am not too interested in Vampires and I find Twilight boring. (no offense) I love reading about wizards and magic so harry potter fits and I had read everyone since they came out. I have watched every single movie. I also have wrote some fanfictions on HP as well. Who is your favorite Wizard ?

Suno
02-03-2013, 07:19 PM
I prefer Harry Potter. I am not too interested in Vampires and I find Twilight boring. (no offense) I love reading about wizards and magic so harry potter fits and I had read everyone since they came out. I have watched every single movie. I also have wrote some fanfictions on HP as well. Who is your favorite Wizard ?

Do you like to co-write fictions? I am going to be looking for fantasy writers on here soon enough, once I have gotten my feet a little bit more wet at gD.

But back to the OP, I have never seen Twilight, and I only really liked the later films of Harry Potter, as they got a little darker.

princessmio
02-04-2013, 05:09 AM

oh my god I love you. my favourite wizard is snape. I love them because they gave me confidence and made me happy. I read them all and seen all the movies, even dressed up as Bellatrix once. what fanfictions have you written?. links? who do you ship? I ship drarry mainly

MysticalMadness
02-04-2013, 08:53 AM
I've read both HP and Twilight, all books. I saw the first 6 HP films, and only the first Twilight one. I don't see what the hype is on Twilight. Personally, I was rooting for Bella choosing Jacob over Edward.

Anyways...HP is my favorite. I prefer the books over the movies. I'm sorry, but the movies were a JOKE compared to the books. And the farther along the movies got, the more they messed up the books, the more annoyed I got. The first two movies were GREAT. Followed the books really well. The third was ok. But I simply watched 4-6 just out of curiosity to see how well the director could screw it up. I refused to watch 7. Period.

The thing I liked about HP the most is the way all the books interconnected like a puzzle, and then, in the last one, all the pieces just fell into place. I'm also really into reading about magical beings (fairies, elves, dwarves, witches, wizards, etc), so HP interested me a lot more.

It's hard for me to choose a favorite character, since, again, they all interconnected to create the story and make the story what it was.

Evelyn
02-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Do you like to co-write fictions? I am going to be looking for fantasy writers on here soon enough, once I have gotten my feet a little bit more wet at gD.

But back to the OP, I have never seen Twilight, and I only really liked the later films of Harry Potter, as they got a little darker.

I have never co-written one though I'd love to give it a shot. Give me a shout about what sort of story line and I'll try and give it a go. I liked how HP got darker and darker. Which of the movies was your favorite?

Most of my old links were taken down during the times they were taking down a lot of the rated 'M' . Feel free to PM me with a pairing and I'd love to try to make you one :)

superultramazaku
02-05-2013, 06:11 AM
i've read the books etc etc. Gonna have to side with Harry Potter. The story is designed to grow with the readers and doesn't convince guys that the way to get the girl is to sneak into their window every night and watch them breathe....
Speaking of which i have uhh 'pressing' business.

Evelyn
02-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Twilight also had a slightly repetitive vibe to it. The one thing I did however like about Twilight is the music. I can play Bella's lullaby pretty well now.

Sindrato
02-05-2013, 05:50 PM
"Harry Potter is not Twilight, you know. We are not selling sex." - Emma Watson

Chastity
02-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Harry Potter because much better storytelling

Red
02-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Harry Potter for sure. I read the first book or two of Twilight and it just seemed so boring and predictable whereas with Harry Potter you were able to escape to this magical land and it gave you a place to dream about going to when things sucked at home. Harry Potter was just real enough to be believable in my mind even though you know that it's fiction, it gives you the "what if" factor.

Sindrato
02-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Harry Potter for sure. I read the first book or two of Twilight and it just seemed so boring and predictable whereas with Harry Potter you were able to escape to this magical land and it gave you a place to dream about going to when things sucked at home. Harry Potter was just real enough to be believable in my mind even though you know that it's fiction, it gives you the "what if" factor.

Why, I'd disagree with it being just real enough to believe. I could believe the magic and everything, but a ginger with friends... come on :D

Red
02-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Why, I'd disagree with it being just real enough to believe. I could believe the magic and everything, but a ginger with friends... come on :D

It's true though, that's the most fictitious part of the entire story. It was very cruel of the author to give people like me hope to having friends one day :(

Embii
02-10-2013, 03:43 PM
In the words of Stephen King:
Harry Potter is all about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend.

I've read all the books and watched all the HP films and half of the Twilight ones. Twilight was alright, but I wouldn't bother reading it again. Harry Potter, I reread before each new book came out and about 3 times since. I honestly don't think they're in the same league - Twilight is okay for something for lonely teenage girls to drool over, Harry Potter is well-written, incredibly well thought out, and I swear has a new life lesson every time I read it.

Films-wise, the films were all worse than the books. But if you take the books out of it, I think the Harry Potter films were good, getting better as they got more popular and had a bigger budget, though I hated 3. The Twilight films were awful and cringe-worthy and i can't even sit through them. The best bit about the entire Twilight series is how much Robert Pattinson, the face of it, hates it >.>

TL;DR Harry Potter wins hands down.

PS If a mod sees this please, please change the title to 'HP verses Twilight' the spelling errors are killing me.

doctorwho29
02-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Harry Potter by a long shot

Hunterman36
02-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Harry Potter wins my vote. I've read all the books and seen all the movies. I however have read none of the Twilight books or seen any of the movies. Because of this I cannot definitively say that twilight sucks donkey balls. I will say that I am a big fan of the HBO series True Blood. I can imagine that I would like it a lot better than Twilight. Based on what I heard about Twilight I think I would find the story ridiculous and it would not be my kind of movie.

Demon Thief
02-15-2013, 03:55 AM
Definitely Harry Potter for me. I've also read them all and watched all the films. I could really care less for Twilight, there's no character development or a decent plot. I've loved Harry Potter since I was 11, and that'll never change. :D

I do like what Stephen King says about Twilight (read alot of his books too).

HarryPotter
02-15-2013, 04:17 AM
Erm ................ which one should I choose ??

MARIOMASTER
02-15-2013, 04:42 AM
i'm totally shoked O.o

well between those two "fantasy" books i prefer Harry Potter...

BUT

for me the BEST EVER FANTASY BOOK can be only the ORIGINAL ONE ;)

and so my favourite is ABSOLUTELY "THE LORD OF THE RING" of J.R.R. TOLKYEN ;)

Cupid Stunts
02-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Harry Potter hands down between the two. IMO much better written (even if it did drag on a little at the end there).

Not sure if anyones read the Wheel of Time series, but there probably my favourite fantasy series of all time. Still going as well!

Twisted Kitten
02-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Harry Potter or twilight which is better

Hmmm, Harry Potter or Twilight?

I pick Twilight........Sparkle. I pick Twilight Sparkle, of My Little Pony. ^ u ^ Didn't see that coming, did you? lulz.

But no really, Twilight Sparkle is way more overpowered than Harry Potter, she wrote her own destiny altering magic for celestias sake! and then became a princess! and grew wings becoming an alicorn! she took down the god of chaos Discord! (with the help of her friends and the elements of harmony, and they really just turned him to stone.)

granted, Harry did die, and then come back to life, and he did also kill the dark lord and he practically surpassed god, but then again, according to death battles on youtube, Luke Skywalker could whoop his ***. ^ U ^

but back on topic, I'd choose Harry Potter over the sparkling in the sunlight, incredibly pathetic, vampires from the twilight series.

"I love you Bella", knock is heard on the door, "who is it?" Edward asks. "Oh you know..." *followed by a long series of loud gunshots from behind the door hitting Edward square in the chest. (silver bullets) "A real F***ing vampire." flatly stated by Alucard from the anime "Hellsing". lol. ^ u ^

timesticking
02-17-2013, 12:29 AM
Harry Potter all the way. twilight is abysmal the only good thing is that Robert Paterson hates it and preferred harry potter.

I don't cry at anything but watching snape die. I cried

Abaddon
02-21-2013, 11:11 PM
Twilight is an insult to the vampire genre.

Harry Potter was much better in book form, but is definitely more watchable.

willingmale
03-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Omg totally Harry potter hands down I love how handsome Harry is and how amazing and ginger Ron is they are both really sexy