PDA

View Full Version : Collars: Preferences

Fiendish
06-28-2008, 06:26 PM
All you doms and subs out there... what kind of collar do you like to wear/have the sub wear?

Personally, I like a plain black leather dog collar, nothing fancy, just simple and to the point. It looks absolutely amazing on a sub IMO, and is easy to find anywhere really.

How about you? materials, even a traditional collar vs. a piece of symbolic jewelery that acts as a collar.

Tell us!

Sorrow Becomes Her
06-28-2008, 08:42 PM
I had received a silver anklet with a bell as a symbol of my submission to Him. He liked to give me things, but this one I took to mean a little more. The bell can be removed so that I can walk and go to work without jingling all the way. (It's kinda loud) But when I'm with him, I slip the bell back onto it. Then I can dance with a belled anklet! LOL I had told him once I loved the look of those... and he got me one, in his way.

As far as a more traditional collar, I must say, a relatively thin metal collar that locks behind the neck is what I prefer. (The one described in John Norman's Gor book series) Or else a pink leather with black contrast stitching, diamond encrusted collar is perfect, thanks. LMAO!!

Of course, the black leather is always a nice choice. Works for me being the rocker chick I am.

vampire_girl
06-29-2008, 01:38 AM
I have lots of collars, but I've always worn them. Just because I like them, not because I have to.

A great site to buy collars is http://collarfactory.com/make00.

My favorite collar is a double strap black leather with red lambskin lining, a silver locking buckle, red stitching, a ruby and one centered ring. There, I don't think I could explain in more detail :p I also got it from that site, like almost all my collars.

cr_ruby_1314
06-29-2008, 11:13 AM
I have lots of collars, but I've always worn them. Just because I like them, not because I have to.

My favorite collar is a double strap black leather with red lambskin lining, a silver locking buckle, red stitching, a ruby and one centered ring. There, I don't think I could explain in more detail :p I also got it from that site, like almost all my collars.

Fancy O_O

I only have one collar... it's a simple red dog collar from petsmart ^^" with a bell attached to it =3 When I first started wearing it I got a few funny looks/comments.. someone asked me "you DO realized that you're wearing a collar right?" XD

Bandit|Queen
07-01-2008, 06:35 AM
I personally don't wear my collar anymore, I talked it over with sum and we both agreed that my watch that he bought me is much more important. That is my symbol of ownership technically and I love it far more than I did my collar. I don't know I just love how individual and personal it is to us.

Collars are fine though but I just would rather have something more personal to me, anyone can have a collar. When I do look at collars I like the plain metel bands or the silver chains with a descreat padlock on it. Just think they are more classy than a leather one :)

SubMissChievous
07-01-2008, 04:16 PM
I posted a little while ago in another thread my thoughts about traditional collars & my opinion hasn't changed... :) Or I could even say that it went from not finding them appealing to "hmm... not for me..." I still find them too common & impersonal not to mention how it's now a popular accessory of choice for pretty much anyone. Anyway, I'm sure collars look better on Rottweilers than they would on me lol

Yeah I still have my bracelet which is still my own "collar". It's made out of the same ropes I use for self-bondage. It's rather thin with shades of light blue, pink & black. I can wear it pretty much at all times or easily bring it with me in my pocket or handbag if I don't which is quite rare. Even if I take it off I usually place it somewhere I will always see it like on my desk if I'm at the comp. And also, very much like Sugar said, I like the fact that this feels so much more individual & personal. The fact that it was like the first gift from my Master, of course, makes it very special & unique :)

Knots101
07-01-2008, 06:39 PM

Lmao, I started makeing collars and have been for like 2 hours now. Trying to convince my girl to get matching Cuffs that say J + T on them =D

Isabell
07-01-2008, 09:11 PM
I still find them too common & impersonal not to mention how it's now a popular accessory of choice for pretty much anyone.

This is one of the reasons why Traveler and I ask people who come into our tent/booth "Is that fashion or lifestyle?" Most of the time we know the answer is going to be fashion, but there have been a few that have surprised us.

We use collars that reflect status as well as taking into concern our preferances as well as the slave's/sub's needs. If they have been good for an extended amount of time they are allowed to pick out a collar for him/herself.

Personally I like collars that are less obvious like a nice torc or bracelet. Or on the complete opposite end - dress collars like a black allagator posture collar or a stainless collar with custom casted D rings. We can make collars ourselves out of leather or cloth, but for stiffer or dress collars we place custom orders to have them made.

beakfreak
07-11-2008, 03:02 PM
I find all of that sort of jewelry quite creepy. I mean, in the way that if I wore it I would find it too constricting. Some of the people on this site would do anything to feel in control, which scares me more than anything. I only come on this site to look for fun dares, not to discuss my fetishes, which a lot of people seem to do.

Still keeping it politically correct of course.

SubMissChievous
07-11-2008, 03:10 PM
I find all of that sort of jewelry quite creepy. I mean, in the way that if I wore it I would find it too constricting. Some of the people on this site would do anything to feel in control, which scares me more than anything. I only come on this site to look for fun dares, not to discuss my fetishes, which a lot of people seem to do.

Still keeping it politically correct of course.

Maybe that's because you're browsing in the slave/master lounge that you read about slave/master topics... :rolleyes: If you look for dares then the best place for you would be the Dare section. There are people with many different tastes & interests here & that's what makes our site interesting imo. If you find Master/slave relationships creepy then that's your opinion. But try to understand & respect the fact that this is very important for others. You don't have to understand the lifestyle itself but please try to be open & non-judgmental of other users' lifestyle.

Oh & nobody forces you to discuss your fetishes or anything else that you want to keep private you know :)

userben
07-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Fancy O_O

I only have one collar... it's a simple red dog collar from petsmart ^^" with a bell attached to it =3 When I first started wearing it I got a few funny looks/comments.. someone asked me "you DO realized that you're wearing a collar right?" XD

lol i work there. o and i have a regular black collar