PDA

View Full Version : Improved Searching

2EggsOverEasy
06-27-2008, 07:52 AM
I was reading a thread in the Lounge and it got me thinking...Maybe one of the reasons that people post so may "I need a dare" posts is that it is a little difficult to weed through all of the dares in the Dare section. Maybe there could be something added so that when a user creates a dare they could select some general characteristics that describe that dare. Those, in turn, could be used as search limiters to help people more quickly identify dares that match what they're looking for.

Just to suggest some selections:

Public
Semi-Public
Private
Group
Single
BDSM
Humiliation
Messy
Scat/Piss/Poo
etc.

I don't know exactly how it would work, or if its even possible. But I figured I'd throw the idea out and let y'all kick it around for a while...

banneduser
06-27-2008, 01:47 PM
This is a variation on another idea which was a database of dares that everyone can post in, this would make your search feature work perfectly.

I wouldnt expect it to be implemented any time soon though. For the dares to be searched by "public" etc... it means all those posting dares must tick boxes to represent what the dare is. So if it was go outside naked with a butt plug you would tick the Anal, and Public boxes, and anyone searching for Anal or Public, would find that dare.

And to impliment that little feature would mean modifying the forums code which is rather extensive work i beleive. It is a very hood idea but not so easy to do.

depp
06-27-2008, 01:55 PM
This would likely be added as part of the archvies. Doing this as a forums additon would mean a lot of code modicication that would make upgrading even more of a nightmare for me. Adding this in the archives would be a good idea. I do need to show the archives more love.

banneduser
06-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Adding this in the archives would be a good idea

:D It would indeed, i wouldve thought it would still require a lot of modification but if its not too difficult it would be great to see! And as 2eggs said it would mean a lot less "Dare me" threads....

Merlin
06-27-2008, 03:24 PM
:D It would indeed, i wouldve thought it would still require a lot of modification but if its not too difficult it would be great to see! And as 2eggs said it would mean a lot less "Dare me" threads....Although the idea may be ok i dont see it reduce the dare me threads... I think the resaon is not that people cant find anything but that they want to be dared to do it and not do it by "choice"...

Collared_Slave
06-27-2008, 03:27 PM
I am actually working on a system that should allow people to search for dares

legoguy314
06-27-2008, 11:42 PM
i was actually just thinking about this same thing last night. and depp are you "upgrading" getdare soon

07-12-2008, 03:15 PM
I think this is a great idea and am glad to see that it is being considered. Could this be done by making selections like in the slave/master forum that add to the end of the title like this:

My fun party dare [humiliation, group, messy]

and then just search the titles for the type of dare you want.