PDA

View Full Version : Scripting Language

Fabio2536
05-21-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for this but i have been searching everywhere reading the rules and can't figure it out. Does anyone know the scripting language used on this site I would like to learn some to spice up my posts a little and always looking forward to learning a new scripting language. If anyone could help me it would be a great thanks and again if this isn't in the right place could a mod please move it.

aaron_rain
05-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Do you know PHP?

Fabio2536
05-21-2008, 09:46 PM
This is a language that I have tried to learn before but i have never seemed to do anything successfully. I'm sorry I could of been misunderstood, forgive me for being so general. I meant what languages could you use to put special things in the posts. I understand that the main basis for most blogging style sites is php. Thanks for you help though.

Hampers
05-21-2008, 10:37 PM
If you hit quick-reply (The Q.R. button to reply to threads), the box below a post opens up. Next to where it says "Post Quick-Reply", click "Go Advanced".
This takes you to a new window which guides you through all the posting options available on the site. I learnt how to code everything from that.:)

And no worries about the forum, you got it right. :D

Hamps

Fabio2536
05-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Thank you very much Hampers I will make sure that I test out some of these options! :teacher:

Sum
05-22-2008, 03:18 AM
In direct answer to your question the code for formatting in posts i believe is bbcode it's pretty simple really.

-edit--

meant to say, though my laptop went really strange.

there is also a button marked post reply at the bottom, this gives you the advanced editor directly.

Hampers
05-22-2008, 03:24 AM
:( Fine... go ahead and get all technical... I'll just go cry in a corner.