PDA

View Full Version : 24M A truth a day...

StrawDog
08-08-2012, 05:31 PM
has nothing to do with doctors. So, an 'ask me anything' type thread, with the added challenge (for an as yet unknown reason) of having to answer at least one question daily, fofeits abound if failed. I wonder if I can make a full year?

Please, feel free to ask away, and I look forward to seeing what you lovely lot come up with.

Take care,

S.D

Rose_Angel
08-08-2012, 06:16 PM
What is your favorite movie?

What is your favorite book?

What is your favorite television show?

What is your favorite hobby?

What is your favorite thing to do on getDare?

What is your favorite food?

What is your favorite drink?

And... least favorite of all those listed above?

StrawDog
08-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the response, I'm going soon and was afraid I might fail my task on the first day! Why do I do this to myself...? So, questions;

What is your favorite movie?

I am a hound for film, and don't have a favourite. This is not helped by mostly enjoying elements of one, then being confronted by a really, really bad ending that serves no purpose to the story itself. The few closest to the top and most influential to me would be... Seven Samurai, the Evil Dead, Das Experiment, Hellraiser and Taxi Driver. Battle Royale should be in there as well.

What is your favorite book?

Without wishing to be difficult I don't think I have a favourite of anything. I read from the Art of War and Tao te Ching daily though, as well as some kind of poetry. I am also nearly constantly revisiting Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintenance and Steppenwolf.

What is your favorite television show?

Partial to the odd cartoon, docu, or gameshow, but avoid TV generally. However, 'Cracker' is now fully viewable on Youtube, and I love it.

What is your favorite hobby?

I hunt for knowledge and understanding. It never ends - it's great! Can get distracting, though...

In a more literal sense, I enjoy martial arts, and am saving for a forge to learn how to construct my own weapons and armour. One day I hope to be skilled enough to make shackles and a cage for my pets, but that is a long way off.

What is your favorite thing to do on getDare?

I like to read detailed, well written blogs that show development and care, and to look through/try out dares and challenges that help me refine my own methods and experience things differently.

What is your favorite food?

Love potatoes (especially roast), noodles, lentils, corn. Garlic. Chick peas. I suck at favourites.

What is your favorite drink?

I really do enjoy drinking water. Usually hot. I dehydrate very quickly, and get odd burning/stinging pains in my hands and cracked lips when I go without, so drink many pints daily. I actually have a pint of water as soon as I get up, generally. I enjoy other drinks, but in terms of refreshment, cleansing the palate, and health, water trumps 'em.

'What is your favourite drink'. My answer appears to me as puritanical and a bit prissy.

Rose_Angel
08-09-2012, 03:47 AM

'What is your favourite drink'. My answer appears to me as puritanical and a bit prissy.

Haha. I love your humor. I'm sure you know exactly what I meant by least favorite of all above... I was just being lazy. However, since you "suck at favourites," I'll spare you.

Time for more:

Would you intend for your pets to be in cages a lot, or just for play?

What are some game shows you have enjoyed, or still enjoy watching? These can be from any era.

What are some cartoons that have really made you laugh?

What are a few documentaries you'd recommend as a "must see" for all?

Which martial arts are you most familiar with?

What are some dares you've enjoyed?

StrawDog
08-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Haha. I love your humor. I'm sure you know exactly what I meant by least favorite of all above... I was just being lazy. However, since you "suck at favourites," I'll spare you.
;)

Would you intend for your pets to be in cages a lot, or just for play?

I’m very into confinement, both sides. Cages also make good tie points, which often seems to get overlooked. I myself would like the psychological challenge of being caged within my own construct and seeing how I could manage with it. It would definitely be well used, being multipurpose and reaching across a wide spectrum of kinks. It would also turn me on to know that a sub was locked away in a cage of my crafting.

What are some game shows you have enjoyed, or still enjoy watching? These can be from any era.

For me, the game show that crowns them all is ‘The Crystal Maze’ in its Richard O’ Brian period. Not the first show I saw, but it gave me my love of them, and was a great spectacle for a young child. As an adult, I appreciate the range of disciplines in shows of that ilk. Choosing a team mate for a random challenge with only its categorical title skill to work with? Love it! Many of the games are modified team building exercises and social psychology experiments.

I like game shows that have both social and psychological elements, and to watch the structure of the games and how they influence players. The entire mechanic, really. For example, this one show I found had a great idea; a group of random people were locked in a room together. There was a time limit, and a large amount of potential prize money that decreased with the timer. All that was needed to end the game was for all involved to agree and vote on how it was shared. It did get quite nasty.

Things like ‘Golden Balls’ as well. The set up and staging of that show is not very good, but the elements of cooperation and betrayal, screwing with opposition whilst trying to maintain a trustworthy image (similar to the Weakest Link) are quite heady to me.

On the other hand, I also enjoy pure word games such as ‘Catchphrase’, when it was actually about catchphrases, it did get obscure toward the end.

What are some cartoons that have really made you laugh?

Well, three things that immediately spring to mind are from Family Guy. I enjoy it, but it’s not my religion, so I only learned of the ‘chicken fight’ recently. The first one I saw was the...third?...fight, I believe. I had no idea what it was about, it just kept going and going and had me in stitches. The ‘White guy work song’ is often heard chanted through the house whenever my sister comes to visit. Also, the episode where Stewie is afraid he will be put back into the womb. I find this particularly funny as a few years ago a faux-shrink tried to explain that my love of enclosed spaces from early childhood was me displaying the desire to return to the womb, myself. Social constraints prevented me from laughing in the woman’s face.

South Park’s ‘Woodland Critter Christmas’ was watched several times in a row after all of my coursework was handed in to de-stress; ‘Yay! Blood-orgy! Yaaay!’.

What are a few documentaries you'd recommend as a "must see" for all?

Really I think that any docu’s that build up people’s awareness are a good thing. My personal bias is toward the sex-slave trade in India, workers’ rights and factory conditions in China, Mexico and Kenyan slums. However, I also like the more light-hearted ones that show different facets within a culture. A favourite series of mine, often on before the news was entitled ‘3 minutes’ and showcased daily lives of a wide spectrum of people.

I’m always a sucker for a wildlife docu’.

Which martial arts are you most familiar with?

I have some experience with Shaolin, Wing Chun and Mantis Kung Fu, as well as boxing, Karate and T’ai Chi.

What I was most practiced in was medieval German long sword of the Talhoffer and Lichtenaur (sp) lines, as well as 1:33, another German fechtbuch focusing on the use of short sword and buckler, the oldest known European text in existence, as far as I'm aware.

That was some time ago. Been too long since I was fit to fight...

Thank you for the questions, I'll save the last one for tomorrow.

Take care!

StrawDog
08-10-2012, 04:43 PM
What are some dares you've enjoyed?

I think my enjoyment mostly comes from the write-ups more than the dare itself; it always has done. An act may be quite tame, but if it is articulated well and gives a glimpse into the state of a person as they took that dare, it instantly becomes more interesting and informative, which in turn gets my creative juices flowing. It also makes things more ‘real’. Whilst I take, and feel it should be taken, on trust that a dare given is done properly it is very easy to be dishonest over the interwebs, even if there is no real gain from it. Detailed reports give a greater validity, and the potential to refine techniques, thereby becoming something more. That is what I like. I don’t care about an imaginary object some guy with a misspelled fake girl’s name wanks about then writes ‘flt sooo gud in my pussy nd ass! :) Trade pics?’. Someone trying out pegs on their nipples for the first time and writing honestly about it... now that is interesting. Tracking that over weeks/months/years of experimentation and reflection makes for a great read. However, I have since childhood had what people near and dear to me have termed ‘an obsessive record keeping fetish’.

Another aspect I enjoy is that of competition, particularly if there is room for injustice, such as opening up things to a vote, chance, etc; undeserving winners can be quite fun. I will definitely be watching over your challenges. I quite often had running bets with a girl who used to live in my village and I like challenges that build up over time and take on their own story. Themes of domestic discipline and refinement appeal to me as well, and I like to see how creatively simple tasks with household items can be made.

Public and outdoor dares are something that I have mixed feelings about. I think it is great that people either have the confidence not to mind, or are prepared to risk for the thrill, consent to public exposure. However, the ‘public’ did not consent. To me, this matters more than legality or morality. Having said that, they both appeal to me. The publicity issue is resolved by remaining in an enclosed environment if all members engaged know what to expect and can choose to stay or leave. I don’t do outdoor dares unless it is on someone’s land, even if there is only the remotest chance of being seen by a ‘non-consenter’. Note that this is not a judgement of others, just my personal practice, and the practice I enjoy with the people I play with. Hidden public, on the other hand, is totally rad.

IceMaiden
08-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Is Tai Chi worth studying? (Frosty has always viewed it as more of a relaxed style of fighting from what she has seen of it.)

What is the most treasured memory of your life so far?

If you could change one thing in your past what would it be and why?

What's your favourite and least favourite thing about yourself, both personality and appearence wise?

Rose_Angel
08-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Thanks. I'm looking forward to the competition as well.

So, you enjoy writing reports more than the dares. I can see how. I feel the same way regarding punishments for sure... as for dares, it depends. Anyway... onto some truths (I've retyped this several times now and kept getting sidetracked and closed the window).

Which do you enjoy more? Creating dares, or reading reports, granted that they're well thought out.

What is the longest time you've ever spent inside of a cage?

What is the longest time you've kept one of your pets in a cage?

Does it bum you out that Frosty and I (Almost typed "Rose" there--little backwards) didn't put anything to a vote or leave anything to chance with the gD community?

StrawDog
08-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Is Tai Chi worth studying? (Frosty has always viewed it as more of a relaxed style of fighting from what she has seen of it.)

There majority of T’ai Chi classes that are taught focus on the relaxation aspects of the art, as well as balance and breathing. General health, really. I have problems with both of these areas of myself, and under good tutelage they have improved. While I personally enjoy it, I would like to study it in a more combative sense. A frustrating thing about that is I actually have a well respected master pretty much on my doorstep, who no longer teaches due to travelling, but encourages his former students to start their own school. I call him up every year or so to ask about any new developments, and have actually been thinking about having another go soon.

I am someone who is generally very tense, and at times it is like my body has forgotten how to relax, T’ai chi has helped me with that in a different way to the other arts I’ve explored, so for me I consider it to be worth it.

What is the most treasured memory of your life so far?

I don’t know if this answers your question, but a place I return to during hypnosis and that has very powerful feelings attached to it is a memory of being in a pushchair when I lived in London. It was raining heavily and I had been left alone while my mother went inside to get something. I was warm, though could feel cool air coming through, and just looking out, listening to the rain on the plastic covering.

There are times when I think it is quite sad that after all I’ve done, that is what springs to mind time and time again, but whenever I do revisit that memory, the state of ‘being there’ is too good for me to care.

If you could change one thing in your past what would it be and why?

There has been a lot of going back and forth within myself as to how to answer this question; I began with writing that I would not change anything, any mistake or bad experience, of which there have been a few and that dominate my life at present. The reason being is that it is all part of who I am. Bad shit has happened, things I’ve hated, but without going through them there are other, greater, things I would have never known; people I would never have met, thoughts, feelings, empathy and awareness that would not be a part of me, and that I believe are ultimately positive. That is of course regarding what is within my life; if I could wish myself out of existence, would I? I can’t really answer that.

I then thought of someone I fell for, who in the gentlest way possible collapsed so many negative views I had developed, without even realising, that she made the world quite a different place for me. I thought about how if I was stronger or ‘better’ I could help do the same for her. Wouldn’t that be worth going back for?

However, even that is an illusion. We wouldn’t have crossed paths if I wasn’t what I am. I’m not saying I know or like what that is, but it is up to me to give it, alllll of it, some kind of use and purpose.

So, no, for better or worse I would not change my past. There are many aspects of myself that I seek to refine, but these can only be found through living, and it is their very existence that prompts change.

What's your favourite and least favourite thing about yourself, both personality and appearence wise?

Least favourite may be a little obtuse, but something that has had a large effect on both my appearance and personality is the state of my health. Long term illness tends to grind one down, and looking, feeling and living the opposite what I value and strive for is a constant source of...mess.

A favourite aspect of myself is that I have an unyielding curiosity and interest in pretty much everything. I’ve never been bored, and whilst it can be distracting, leading to some pretty strange places, when everything has gone awry that odd little spark has kept me the safe side of the edge.

StrawDog
08-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Which do you enjoy more? Creating dares, or reading reports, granted that they're well thought out.

Well, I’d say reading the reports for a number of reasons. Firstly, I’m quite voyeuristic, but more interested in the mind than the body. A well written report is a mine of information and means of self reflection. Reading them also allows me to generate my own ideas, or work things out more effectively by regarding not just the task itself but how the dare taker performed and reacted to it. It helps me to see different perspectives that I do not share with another, within a fetish that is shared. Thirdly, I like to read of people’s good experiences, and to be aware of positive things going on. It heartens me.

What is the longest time you've ever spent inside of a cage?

I have spent a day and night in a cage at the foot of someone’s bed, and really enjoyed it, but I think I would have enjoyed it more if the cage were stronger – I knew I could break out of it. There was space to have enough range of movement to change sides and ease my joints. I don’t think I could last so long if there was no possibility of movement; the more extreme cages may be fun/pretty/intimidating, and fuel fantasy, but do not lend themselves to prolonged use.

What is the longest time you've kept one of your pets in a cage?

I wouldn’t call her a pet as it was a tentative beginning, only for about an hour. There were a lot of things that she liked the idea of, but when trying them out found it wasn’t for her. Still, an hour is much longer than many people try.

Does it bum you out that Frosty and I (Almost typed "Rose" there--little backwards) didn't put anything to a vote or leave anything to chance with the gD community?

Not in any way, shape or form. In fact this time around I’m quite glad of it.

You have both been working together to create a framework for your competition, and have chosen a task giver that you both respect and have worked with before, knowing you will get something that falls within your standards and having sensitivity toward each other. It would be a shame to dilute that with chance, or set yourselves up for a fall with conflicting tasks. What you are aiming for is something specific, chance should not really play a part in that and may be more of a distraction.

Also, if things were to be more open, I might be in a position of having to play favourites, which I have no intention of doing. :p

Rose_Angel
08-12-2012, 04:59 AM

Not in any way, shape or form. In fact this time around I’m quite glad of it.

You have both been working together to create a framework for your competition, and have chosen a task giver that you both respect and have worked with before, knowing you will get something that falls within your standards and having sensitivity toward each other. It would be a shame to dilute that with chance, or set yourselves up for a fall with conflicting tasks. What you are aiming for is something specific, chance should not really play a part in that and may be more of a distraction.

Also, if things were to be more open, I might be in a position of having to play favourites, which I have no intention of doing. :p

This girl copied and pasted this question and answer to Sir Dravot via messenger. Sir Dravot has asked this girl to give his compliments to you, Sir, as he believes it was very well stated. Also, Madam Frosty and this girl are happy that people aren't taking sides :)

Now, for a couple, hopefully, thought provoking questions, Sir :)

Do you think dominants and submissives are separate subcultures, or part of the same subculture? If you think they are different Sir, where do you include switches?

What are some things you think those not part of the BDSM subculture have misconceptions of? If you could only choose one of these Sir, which one would you educate the world about?

StrawDog
08-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Good to hear; I just speak as I find. As always, your questions are delightful.

Do you think dominants and Submissives are separate subcultures, or part of the same subculture? If you think they are different Sir, where do you include switches?

This is going to seem like a very long-winded answer, and have tangents, but it all fits into my beliefs, so for the sake of honesty I’ll just write it all together.

It’s strange; there is a lot of elitism floating around about being a ‘true’ dom or sub, what that means, what it requires etc, (and I have heard some quite negative things about switches) as if there is only one system of operation. Is there any field of human endeavour to which that applies?

I think part of this may come from a time and space when there were much tighter social and legal mechanisms against any deviancy, and codified systems were made to identify each other in potentially hostile environments, such as the hanky code among others (it is only comparatively recently that homosexuality has been legalised in the U.K/U.S, and at a later point removed from being classified as a mental disorder). Definitions and the expected behaviours accompanying them were more rigid. This is before my time, so there is no authority in what I’m writing, just the impression I get from my readings of SM work from the 60’s and 70’s, and people who were kinksters at the time. It should also be noted that most of the readings are American.

The explosion of the internet has also allowed people to connect in totally different ways, and so small subcultures that could only meet at certain places and identify with each other in certain ways have become much more open, and more variety is being discovered and broadcast, leading to further experimentation and different experiences to be had. In order to communicate those experiences to each other, or even ourselves, new definitions have to be created and change through time.

An example of this would be what ‘training’ means regarding a sub; in past works there were very specific codes of etiquette, positions, symbolism, etc, and to breach or be unaware of these was a sign of poor training. Reading blogs written by both dom and sub, the term can be used for any practices that deepen the state of submission, or that are known to be pleasing to the dom, such as domestic tasks. Something I find interesting about that is where there was previously more of a distinction between one’s fetishes and one’s life, a modern view is more holistic.

Combine that with human tendency to categorise, give values and attributions to those categories, online environments where anyone can say anything and gain a following... and there is lot that feeds into the question!

Personally, I am someone who thinks in terms of gaining experience, and using what I learn to refine myself further. That mindset tends to avoid many of the issues raised above, though is perhaps ignorant in a different way. How we define ourselves, or the definitions that we accept from wider society influence our view of reality and interpretation of those experiences. However, people in the community all use the same language with wildly different and personal meanings. You also have a younger generation trying to pick through these and work out how to relate, quite often with not much information to work with...

I don’t see sub and dom as different subcultures, or those who switch as confused or undecided, as many seem to, and view them as too interconnected to separate them so. What I do believe is the old chestnut that there is more variance within cultures, rather than between.

I hope my answer made some kind of sense, and will pose the question back to you on your thread, as I’m interested to hear your views on the matter.

StrawDog
08-13-2012, 03:21 PM
What are some things you think those not part of the BDSM subculture have misconceptions of? If you could only choose one of these Sir, which one would you educate the world about?

Oh, so many things spring to mind;

SM is abusive.

People with rape fantasies are likely to commit the crime, or secretly want to.

People interested in being the adult figure in age play are paedophiles.

People interested in being a little in age play are maladapted and were probably abused as children, becoming ‘stuck’ at a particular age.

SM and kinky shenanigans are only indulged in by the incredibly rich, bored and perverted as they are above the law and need to get their kicks (and have the money/space to build secret torture chambers in their mansions), or by lower class scum as they are too poorly socialised, or filled with rage about all the things in life that they will never have/be, that they degenerate into abnormal sexual practice.

The black leather stereotype (hides gimp mask).

Women who like it rough have issues.

Men who are submissive sexually are not ‘real’ men, and must be mentally/physically inferior to ‘real’ men.

All kinks are the result of mental disorder.

People who incorporate SM into their sex lives are porno fiends and sex addicts who have become desensitised to the point of being incapable of normal sex.

Straight dominant males are misogynist.

Straight female submissives cannot possibly enjoy the pain and degradation inflicted upon them by men, and are only suffering it out of desperately wanting to hold on to their partner.

Gay male couples are likely to incorporate SM practices into their sex lives because they are gay males. They of course would engage in these practices in public toilettes whilst taking drugs, and not use condoms (having said that, I do know more than a few people this applies to...).

Gay female couples do not enjoy SM practices, the only depiction of such is in porn, made for men and another exploitation of women.

Bisexual couples... are too weird to think about, but probably would be up to some mucky, kinky business.

The SM ‘scene’, polyamory and the swinger lifestyle are all lumped together.

People interested in SM are potential serial killers.

Voyeurs are wanking outside the window, now.

SM is purely physical sex.

Only white people are interested in SM and agree with Nazi ideology.

I could go on, but that will do. I know a few of the above could be put under similar categories, however will leave them as they are.

I have seen the misconception surrounding consent discussed elsewhere, which is what I myself feel strongly about. If I were to choose another it would be the nature of ABDL, or any SM, relationships having no link at all with paedophilia. I came out to someone a while ago about my interest in being a daddy dom, and there was a great deal of social damage that ensued and came very close to becoming a safety/legal issue as it escalated. As soon as the word ‘pedo’ was mentioned, it was like all thought shut down, communication shut down, sense shut down. The speed of violence was truly frightening, as if good people were waiting for the chance to blow. Not the most fun I’ve had. Quite a common misconception, too.

Siren
08-23-2013, 06:33 AM
What's your favourite item in your room?
What song's stuck in your head at the moment?
What picture do you currently have as your phone/desktop background?
Which musicals have you seen live?
Where in the world would you most like to live? Where in the (fictional) universe would you most like to live?
Do have any favourite words?
What's something that never fails to make you smile? (Sounds like the start of a joke :p)
What's the story behind your username?
Do you prefer surprising people or being surprised?
What was the best holiday you've been on?
What was your best/worst school subject?
When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?

What's a quality or talent you wish you had?
Which fictional character are you most like?
Do you believe in any sort of god, afterlife, etc.?
If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
Describe yourself in five words.

How badly would you like to cum right now?
What were you thinking about the last time you masturbated?
Favourite type of underwear on a girl?
What's something that never fails to turn you on?
What's your preferred method of teasing someone? (Online and/or offline)
Do you embarrass easily?

Dr_
08-23-2013, 06:47 AM
has nothing to do with doctors....

Beg to differ ;).

Is there any one thing you've done that still makes you cringe years later when you think about it?

Dr.

StrawDog
08-24-2013, 03:01 AM
Thank you for the questions, Dare, and giving the kiss of life to another of my dusty threads :P

What's your favourite item in your room?

I’m going to be sneaky here and go for group of items, and that would be my swords; I’m not that materialistic, but they all mean something to me and symbolise what I care for and am interested in. None of them are particularly flash, but they all took effort to obtain, or were from people I love. They also remind me of the best time period in my life when I was able to train regularly with them.

What song's stuck in your head at the moment?

A fragment of a song from an advert. I can’t remember the song, what the advert was about, the language it was sung in or enough about it to track it down. It’s driving me nuts!

What picture do you currently have as your phone/desktop background?

Standard background on my pc, a photo of my newborn niece on my phone. I generally do everything I can to avoid babies and anything related, but this one is special.

Which musicals have you seen live?

Five Guys named Moe, Sound of Music, Rocky Horror, Little Shop of Horrors, Chess, West Side Story and Oliver (hate it!). I’m sure I’ve seen a couple of others, but can’t remember at the moment. I was taken to the theatre from a young age, so some things blend together.

Where in the world would you most like to live? Where in the (fictional) universe would you most like to live?

I intend to live in Japan at some point in my life; spend a few years there and really explore. Fictional place? Well, if I could pull a Dr Manhattan I’d like to wander off into the stars and play about with creating my own world and life forms. Not sure I’d want blue balls, though.

Do have any favourite words?

I just love words and playing with them. Anything that sounds a bit silly or that can be used deliberately incorrectly but still make sense to amuse myself and take someone by surprise gets a thumbs up from me. Things that have ‘oo’ and ‘ll’ sounds are fun. Slang terms and regional words, or turns of phrase, are interesting too... Yep, word lover...

What's something that never fails to make you smile? (Sounds like the start of a joke :P )

I couldn’t choose one thing, there are far too many. Around me at the moment, my dog is usually doing something daft she needs help getting out of, or being mischievous.

My niece is a funny little thing, and even just thinking about her or what she can do as she grows always cheers me up.

More generally I like to let my mind wander over various people in my life, think about how they’re doing and getting on in the world.

What's the story behind your username?

Well, when I chose initially, it was taken from a misquote of a Chinese strategist about the value of life and nature of sacrifice; straw dogs literally were things burned as an offering and the writer made an analogy between them and people.

I later learned that it’s also a negotiation tactic, whereby someone is pushed into ‘choosing’ what the presenter wants though giving them a poorer option. I’m sure you can imagine why I like that.

Do you prefer surprising people or being surprised?

Surprising people, hands down. I like to find ways of cheering people up, or being that little chaotic element that gives an interesting something to an otherwise normal day, whilst remaining ‘safe’. Popping out, surprising people then disappearing before anyone really knows what is happening never loses its charm. That last sentence does make me sound like a flasher, more than a little.

What was the best holiday you've been on?

When I was younger we flew to Germany, bought a car, and took our time driving around and back. It was also the first time I got to experience flying, which I thoroughly enjoy. A lot of time was spent exploring small medieval towns and the Rhineland, and it was just a lovely trip.

What was your best/worst school subject?

History, science, geography and metalwork were my favourites. English and literature were what I excelled in, art I was just bad at, and with maths there were issues with the tutelage that still have an effect.

When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?

An archaeologist with Jedi powers, who occasionally worked as a spy, private detective and magician. I was obsessed with anything about ancient Egypt, and convinced that I would find the next great treasure haul. My back garden did not give promising results.

What's a quality or talent you wish you had?

Well, in terms of talents, it’s more a case of wanting to be in a position where I could work on them more effectively, which would be martial training, Japanese and passable photography skills. However, if Jedi powers were up for grabs...

Which fictional character are you most like?

Well, I often got likened to Mad-eye in HP before the films came out. I’m not on that train, so don’t know what that is about. People do tend to liken me to strange, offbeat, a bit grouchy, protective, types. Or monks?

In terms of how I see myself; not characters, but the overall scenario of what happens in both ‘...Motorcycle Maintenance’ and ‘Steppenwolf’ does bear some similarity to me; at risk of taking a thought and tumbling a bit too far down the rabbit hole.

Do you believe in any sort of god, afterlife, etc.?

Ah, a nice, easy one :P Well, I’m not in any way religious, but I am someone with a few spiritual leanings that I generally keep quiet about, mulling them over. I do enjoy the study of beliefs, but strive to maintain the awareness that our bodies, our minds and social climate can be misleading and easily distorted. I try to keep an open mind so that I can experience whatever is happening as freely as possible, without skewing my perceptions by adopting a particular school of thought that excludes other possibilities and ways of experiencing/interpreting life.

The crux of what I believe is that whether we are created by some divine force or an accident of epic proportions, life is no less incredible and it ultimately shouldn’t effect how we live or treat each other; we are all made of the same ‘stuff’ and have the same value. I do think though that we are all more intimately connected, and the consequences of our actions further reaching, than any of us can fully comprehend. Which I think is pretty groovy. And scary, but mostly the other one.

If you were famous, what would you be famous for?

It would probably be something truly daft and slapstick; I’d be the escapologist who got mangled and traumatised the audience, the tourist who goes out for a walk and ends up on a drug plantation, or someone having to be rescued from getting stuck in a piece of modern art.

Describe yourself in five words.

Quiet, respectful, experimental, incurably curious.

How badly would you like to cum right now?

Meanie! This denial business is something I much prefer giving to others. That being said, I face all challenges with acceptance, dignity and grace. Yeah, right; I’m climbing the walls.

What were you thinking about the last time you masturbated?

As I’m not one to deny myself, a friend decided to wind me up by sending some pics. Even though I’m in denial, I thought it would be rude of me not to give them the proper consideration, so was thinking of those, how she sounds and what she’d feel like.

Favourite type of underwear on a girl?

My favourites are normal panties and boxers. I think they look good, and like the fun of revealing what they hide. Also, having others use their underwear as a gag is a firm favourite of mine, so I like a good amount of material to use and fill their mouth.

What's something that never fails to turn you on?

That sent my mind racing, and it turns out there is rather a lot. I’m going to be a bit clichéd though and go with honesty; it is brave, respectable, full of potential and incredibly sexy. It’s like a wellspring of... good stuff... and whatever it may or may not lead to gives something to think about, which I find special and worthwile.

What's your preferred method of teasing someone? (Online and/or offline)

There are so many ways, and they all have their appeal.

I enjoy leaving little, constant reminders that they are not allowed to orgasm. Things that they can carry with them in their daily lives, and be around other people without suspicion, but that have very specific meanings to the person involved. One example was of someone in chastity carrying their own key in a locket around their neck. It was a perfect test of their resolve, and great fun to watch.

I also like stacked games of chance to give surprising results and allow a person to wriggle if things are harder than they anticipated. It gives the opportunity of ‘buying’ their way out, or giving reward, which keeps the game controlled but still allow for other possibilities; I do like seeing what a desperate person will come up with for release, and to admit they need it and beg.

If I’m able to get my hands on them, tying them down and working them over with whatever I have at my disposal is always a joy. Just sitting comfortably whilst talking to and touching them as they are recovering from edges, taking my time, then going again is a great way to spend an evening. Or weekend. Or week...

Do you embarrass easily?

Yes and no! Over some things, mostly social, I get embarrassed quite easily, and through being unwell, when I am out and about (which is not often) I tend to get embarrassed if my ‘public face’ starts to slip, even if I’m the only one that notices. There are times though when I am so immersed in something, or see it as unavoidable, that I become fearless. Also, if I see someone being disadvantaged by mechanisms of social discomfort I tend to become quite belligerent until the situation is resolved fairly, being loud to draw attention to what is wrong, even if I may shrink from the same situation if it were happening to me.

StrawDog
08-25-2013, 05:08 AM
Beg to differ ;).

Is there any one thing you've done that still makes you cringe years later when you think about it?

Dr.

I cheerfully withdraw my statement!

Well, I generally have a very good memory, and as I can get easily embarrassed there is a cringe worthy montage of past blunders that plays out in my head, that springs up at random moments and literally makes me face palm.

In reality though, nothing is all that bad, mostly drunken nonsense and terrible, terrible dancing. Really bad. As in; you know in movies where the actors dance deliberately badly to the point where the audience has to look away? Worse than that. I am not a man who dances; it's like each part of my body is controlled by different personalities who are all listening and dancing (badly) to different songs. Now I'm cringing.

Siren
08-27-2013, 11:47 AM
What's your favourite mythical creature?
What's your favourite smell?
What's your favourite ice cream flavour?
If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you'd buy?
Why did someone want to kidnap me? Who was my kidnapper? :p
Which book have you read the most times?
What do you think of film adaptations of books? Are there any adaptations you've particularly liked/disliked?
Do Americanisms irritate you?
Do you have any strange phobias?
What's the most romantic thing you've done for someone?
Have you ever planned a surprise party? (Always fun ^^)
What are your biggest pet hates?

Have you ever had any (sexual or non-sexual) fantasies realised? (Details, please :p)
Describe one of your favourite (or most used) sexual fantasies.
What's the most effective way of teasing you?
Do you prefer to read, watch, or listen to your porn? Why?
Are there any instances in which you've been harsh with a sub? (As punishment or because they enjoyed it.)
Do you find that you feel more dominant (or submissive) toward a certain gender?
Do you prefer spanking with your hand or with an implement? Why? Which implements do you prefer/have you previously used?

Hot drinks or cold?
Ebooks or paper books?
Sweet or savoury?
Writing or reading?
Spring or autumn?
Black or white?
Relaxed or exploratory holiday?
Toffee or fudge?
X-Men or The Avengers?
Perving on someone or being perved on? :p
Ice cream, sorbet or frozen yoghurt?
Tea, coffee or hot chocolate?
Milk, white or dark chocolate?

StrawDog
08-27-2013, 03:54 PM
What's your favourite mythical creature?

I like this one! My answer is a bit different depending if we’re going with the more traditional mythical beasts, or actual creatures that have mythology surrounding them. If the former, I’m going to sidestep my initial thoughts of ‘dragons!’ or ‘giant ghost-wolves!’ and go with will o’ wisps. When I was a child, I found the idea of them really unsettling, but would still read about them over and over. I’m a nature lover and have always pictured myself as a traveller, sleeping under the starts, etc, so being lead into some terrifying unknown death by ghostly lights was just something that got under my skin. Also, compared to a lot of other mythical and folkloric creatures, the reality of will o’ wisps isn’t that farfetched.

If we’re talking about actual creatures with lore behind them, I’m going to go with Spider; creator and orchestrator of the universe sitting in a web between all realities, just chillin’.

What's your favourite smell?

Well, I have quite a nose on me, and I like refreshing tangy smells. Ginger springs to mind.

What's your favourite ice cream flavour?

Vanilla; I just find it really refreshing and moorish. Having said that, I do like a bit of honeycomb. Aduki bean is quite nice, too.

If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you'd buy?

The first thing I’d do with the money is give a large portion of it to me mam so that she could put it into her business, having things exactly the way she wanted them. She’s had a hard life and helped so many people, doing things that many can’t even imagine. In all things she’s worked hard and never asked for help or anything in return; a fact which many people have taken advantage of time and time again. One of the most harrowing aspects of my illness is that I am another burden. If I could even the score, I would without a second thought; she could have it all, if she wanted.

Why did someone want to kidnap me? Who was my kidnapper?

They were trying to get your dog, the memo got mixed up. I’m not saying anything else until my lawyer arrives.

Which book have you read the most times?

I read from the Art of War and Tao Te Ching daily.

What do you think of film adaptations of books? Are there any adaptations you've particularly liked/disliked?

Well, I thought the director of the last two HP films did an excellent job of making them as dull as the books.

I don’t have any hard beliefs about whether it should or should not be done at all, as there are varying interpretations that are interesting, but the source material should always be respected, and the moment that falters, whether I like the source or not, I lose patience. It also irritates me when the same name, world, and characters are used, but are ‘reimagined’ to behave in ways that either directly conflict with their canon, or are unreal in the world they’re within.

One of the things I hate about the most recent Batman film is how Catwoman is dealt with; in the comic she started off as a pretty weak gimmick, but over time has become a powerful, complex and respectable figure. In the movie, her entire character is reduced back to nothing more than a lazy plot device. Even her moment of ‘redemption’ is simply an act of submitting to Batman’s correctness. Very disappointing. And uninteresting.

It can also depend on the type of film; Morgan Freeman as Alex Cross is a great fit, and certain flaws within Patterson’s writing were ironed out on screen. However, his entire bearing is of the mature, cerebral form of Alex Cross, unsuitable for the more recent action imagining of the character.

Fight club was a great film adaption, and I can’t think of anything major that was left out.

Not really film, but a T.V series adaption of books I love is Sharpe. I really can make no defence of this. Poirot too, if we’re doing T.V.

A recent film I’ve seen and enjoyed is Odd Thomas. I’d not read any of the books before I saw the film, and reading my way through I thought it was a good, though sanitized, adaption.

Oh, and I grew up on a steady diet of James Bond. It was a long time later that I went back and read the books, which are very different animals.

Sherlock Holmes are great stories, but the films just make me angry. Strangely, a much older T.V series caught the character in a better way.

One film adaption that I love is Battle Royale. Captures the book almost perfectly.

Do Americanisms irritate you?

Not as such; spell check either auto correcting or flagging English words that don’t have American spelling does drive me nuts though.

Do you have any strange phobias?

I’m generally not so good in wider society, but nothing really phobic. Two things that spring to mind are the thought of (committing) betrayal, and of being infested. Just thinking of both makes me physically recoil.

Also, when my health was in a worse state than it is now, I went into a hallucination where I was convinced I was covered in insects that were eating into me, laying eggs, etc, moving so quickly that they disappeared when I turned the lights on. I was even scratching at myself, and it was the sort of thing that you see or read about in fiction and think ‘no one really hallucinates like that.’ Well, they do, and it was absolutely terrifying.

What's the most romantic thing you've done for someone?

I never really think in those sorts of terms, just act naturally. It’s more important for me to put care and respect into what I’m doing in general activities. Having said that, there was a relatively recent event which has been called romantic. I get worried it’s more on the creepy side of things, but the intention was pure.

Someone I care for deeply was doing a charity event. I know quite a bit about the corruption, mismanagement and squandering that happens within the charity sector, and the one that she was raising money for is a large charity that I have worked for in the past and do not believe in. However, I believe in her. She was in a bad state of health, having hard times and nowhere near her target. As time went on, it was clear that she could not realistically make it, which was effecting her as the issue was something she truly felt passionate about. I had some money stored away that I saved in case of an emergency, so I used it to anonymously cover her entire event. I never did or said anything to give myself away, but she knew it was me. When she asked me, I denied it. There were a few times she asked me, but I never told the truth about it because she also knew I had feelings for her, and I didn’t want to muddy the waters.

StrawDog
08-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Have you ever planned a surprise party? (Always fun ^^)

Yes, as part of a group though, not on my own. I’m not much of a party person, generally being someone who keeps moving and makes sure everyone is taken care of, but like coming up with ideas and seeing what can be done. I also tend to see little tweaks that can add to the fun, or remember certain practical things that tend to be forgotten.

What are your biggest pet hates?

Generally I like to think I’m pretty easy going until I see things that display a lack of thought or respect for other people, then I get quite scathing.

Have you ever had any (sexual or non-sexual) fantasies realised? (Details, please )

There have been a few, in my time, and hopefully many more. However I’ll go with what first came to mind, and what always makes me smile.

There was a friend of mine who wanted to experiment with various kinky things, and as I’ve always been fairly outspoken about what I’m interested in, she opened up to me and we started exploring together in sensual but non-sexual ways, talking things through to keep everything safe and positive. In time, she discovered a liking for spanking, discipline, and domestic service. She is a highly intelligent, proud, and quite confrontational person, so switching off with tasks like that, and the embarrassment of it, was something that she found sexy. Usually after the event! This worked out very well for me as I like putting people to work, so that even if a task is dull or unpleasant, it still serves a useful purpose and the household.

One thing that we discussed, and she felt was too much for her, was nude cleaning; in particular scrubbing the floor after a spanking. We decided not to push it and carried on as normal, until she found a boyfriend who wasn’t in any way kinky. He didn’t like her playing with others, and there was uni, work, health issues and such, so we went from seeing each other regularly over several years to months at a time with little contact.

Eventually her relationship ended and she had more time, so we picked things up again but tried with more sexual things, whilst never actually having sex with each other. It worked... Anyway, one day she brought up the matter of post-spanking, nude cleaning and decided that she would try.

Despite the things we’d done it was the first time that I saw her fully nude. She found the exercise very hard to perform, and had a deep blush that complimented her spanked bum perfectly. When she finished she was very quiet, which was rare, and after she got cleaned up and dressed we spent the rest of the day chatting, watching a movie and just chilling out. I was concerned about things, but wanted her to have the chance to think the matter over and come back to me in her own time. A couple of days later she talked about how hard she found it, which is what she later enjoyed, but she doubted she could do it again. Over the course of our time together she managed to do it a handful of times, always at her instigation, and it was always difficult for her. Looked amazing, though... and the fact that she struggled with it, was a real turn on.

Describe one of your favourite (or most used) sexual fantasies.

Really it depends, but things have a tendency to come back to spanking, some form of challenge and loss, especially over something that takes a great deal of endurance, or people who think they are on top but wind up on the bottom. All a bit clichéd and silly, but fun. Things that don’t go to plan, or have unexpected elements are also things I enjoy.

What's the most effective way of teasing you?

Should I be getting worried about this? I’ve thought about this question a lot, and whether it is something playful like a partner going out without underwear, or handing it to me in a situation where I can’t act on it, or something more SM related, what matters either way is that the other person is enjoying themselves and the situation; the other’s arousal turns me, which I can’t do anything about and they can, which turns me on even more.

Do you prefer to read, watch, or listen to your porn? Why?

With watching porn, I can be a bit of a funny one; there may be certain elements that turn me on, but I take them and recreate them in my head in a more satisfying way; a certain shape, the way light catches, or skin changing colour. A lot of porn I can’t watch because I care about the crafting of things, and something which is badly made is an instant turn off for me. That being said, I do like amateur porn, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s poor quality, just a lack of some skills, or difficulty shooting, perhaps.

With reading I can build things up as I like, so I would tend to read something over watching a movie and find it more stimulating.

Listening to voice-recordings is a fairly new thing for me, and I’m really enjoying it, especially listening to people who talk about what turns them on, and talking for their own pleasure. I love hearing the voice change from reasonably normal to getting turned on, then desperate... Yes, this medium definitely requires some more exploration, I think.

Are there any instances in which you've been harsh with a sub? (As punishment or because they enjoyed it.)

I have been, yes, but that depends on their level of comfort and my experience. I take my time in getting information and seeing what works, so try to make things challenging more than anything else. It really depends on the nature of the relationship, as well.

Do you find that you feel more dominant (or submissive) toward a certain gender?

Not so much now. I used to be much rougher with and more demanding of the boys. Also, I’d be more willing to take on an inexperienced female, but with males would want them to have more experience and greater fitness.

Do you prefer spanking with your hand or with an implement? Why? Which implements do you prefer/have you previously used?

I prefer to start off with my hand because I like to touch and feel the person I’m spanking. Using a hairbrush is fun because it’s a common household item that can have hidden meanings, and also as it has a home-brewed discipline feel to it. I have a lovely tawse as well, but that is for harder play. I have some paddles, wood and leather, and a large wallpaper scraper that can be nice. I’ve had some experience with switches, but not been switched.

Hot drinks or cold?

Generally cold.

Ebooks or paper books?

Paper, always paper. I love the smell of new books and old, and one of the first things I do when I get one is open it up about halfway through and have a good sniff.

Sweet or savoury?

I have a sweet tooth, and find it more satisfying to end a meal with something sweet, like a small piece of fruit, or if the meal itself is made of things that have an ‘earthy’ sweetness to them, like lentils, chickpeas, squash, etc.

Writing or reading?

Reading. I was tempted to say writing because of the creative process, but I don’t think I could manage if I couldn’t read my favourite works that are so well crafted, and I dislike my own writing.

Spring or autumn?

I love the colours of autumn.

Black or white?

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI4_YbbRrjY

Relaxed or exploratory holiday?

I’d like to explore. So much of my time is spent resting and not being able to do something that when I can go out I want to experience things as well as I’m able.

Toffee or fudge?

Fudge. Hmmm...

X-Men or The Avengers?

X-Men hands down. I generally prefer DC characters, and whilst some good stories have been produced, I’m not a fan of league style comics consisting of established characters with their own, separate, lines coming together like The Avengers or Justice League. I do think though that X-Men has one of the strongest and most interesting concepts around for a comic.

Perving on someone or being perved on?

Perving, most definitely! I’m very much the voyeur, in the nicest possible way.

Ice cream, sorbet or frozen yoghurt?

I’d take ice cream over sorbet, and don’t think I’ve ever had frozen yoghurt.

Tea, coffee or hot chocolate?

Don’t make me choose!

Milk, white or dark chocolate?

Milk chocolate. Unless we’re talking truffles, which are dark, and trump all.

precumdripper
08-28-2013, 10:43 AM
When was the last time you bondaged your cock?

How long do you need to cum when wanking in the morning?

Have you ever had a jerk Off session with someone at your school?

StrawDog
08-29-2013, 02:41 PM
When was the last time you bondaged your cock?

The last time was several years ago. A problem developed with my health and I don't want to potentially make it worse. I'm not all that into cock bondage anyway, and was mostly doing it to try it out and practice.

How long do you need to cum when wanking in the morning?

As much as I enjoy morning sex, I don't usually masturbate in the morning as I like to be up early and productive. My first orgasm of the day is not that great if I'm not quite worked up, so if I'm on my own I wait until later when I can take my time and enjoy a few orgasms.

Have you ever had a jerk Off session with someone at your school?

Nope; I like to keep different areas of my life separate, and that would blur the lines for me.

Dr_
08-29-2013, 03:30 PM
If you were to list your limits in order of direness for you if they happened, what would the order be - from least awful to most?
Have you ever worried that you had a physical or mental condition? (if so, which one?)
Have you ever laughed in an inappropriate situation? (describe it if so)
Would you rather haunt or be haunted?
What have you always wanted to do but never gotten around to?
What is the fourth thing on your bucket list?
If you could sleep with any historical figure, who would it be and why?
Would you rather be a sad socrates or a happy pig?
Someone asks you to go on a one-way trip into space and says "name your price". What would you say?

StrawDog
08-30-2013, 07:02 AM
1. If you were to list your limits in order of direness for you if they happened, what would the order be - from least awful to most?

Anything involving uncontrollable public spread and damage or danger to myself and loved ones would be at the top of the list. None of the others would be as bad as that.

2. Have you ever worried that you had a physical or mental condition? (if so, which one?)

Yes; it was a long time before I was diagnosed with my illness, and during that time everything in my life was going wrong, my body was deteriorating, but I didn’t know what was happening or why. All of the tests that I had taken were coming back normal, and there was not a visible direction I could take. The confusion and shame of that was a terrible thing. Also, facing the grind now, I have to almost constantly question my state and how I’m dealing with things. It’s not a worry, but it does consume time and energy.

3. Have you ever laughed in an inappropriate situation?

Too many times for me to think of a specific example! My family have worked on some sensitive things, and due to my own work, training, life experience and simply how I operate, I’ve been exposed to many strange and difficult ideas, and had to contemplate them. One of the ways that they were couched to me when I was younger, and I have adopted as an adult, is in a humorous way (to me, at least) to make them more palatable. Also, it does seem that a lot of what we place value on, when broken down, is incredibly daft.

That is not to say that I am insensitive and disrespectful, but I am resistant to certain social ‘rules’ that create their own forms of harm. Sometimes having a good laugh can shake things up, and reveal a lot more than aping propriety.

4.Would you rather haunt or be haunted?

Be haunted; I’d like to be in a position where I could use that knowledge, test and record it to turn it into something useful. If I were haunting another it would already be too late for me.

5. What have you always wanted to do but never gotten around to?

Learn classical Greek. Very much doubt it will happen.

6. What is the fourth thing on your bucket list?

I’m not a one for bucket lists. I think when life is more stable I’ll consider it, but at the moment there is no need; day to day lists are demanding enough.

7.If you could sleep with any historical figure, who would it be and why?

Boudicca. Yowza! Even if the history is fudged somewhat, her achievements are still pretty incredible.

8.Would you rather be a sad socrates or a happy pig?

Well, you can’t challenge and work to improve something you can’t see, so I would choose to embrace knowledge. However, I make no moral judgement on taking either stance, or place different value on others based on that choice. Happiness is something not everybody can feel, or even get a chance to feel, so I wouldn’t resent it of anyone. Also, to take either stance implies that one knows reality well enough to choose, and to know the consequences of such a choice, which I don’t think is the case. Of course, cognitively we cannot help but make such assumptions, but I try avoid that as much as I can.

9.Someone asks you to go on a one-way trip into space and says "name your price". What would you say?

As long as my family were taken care of I’d jump at the chance for space exploration.

Anasub
09-08-2013, 04:48 PM
What is the most important quality for a submissive to have? (Purely a selfish question here)
If you had a chance to visit any country, which one would it be, and why?
Are there any recent books that you enjoy?
What is you favorite Shakespearean play, if any?
Do enjoy sports? If so, which one is your favorite?
If you could have any job, what would it be, and why?
What color is your favorite, and why?

That's enough for right now I think. :rolleyes:

StrawDog
09-09-2013, 02:16 PM
What is the most important quality for a submissive to have? (Purely a selfish question here)

I’m going to go with an earlier answer to my biggest turn on and that is honesty, by which I mean not just the act of being honest but the internal state of sincerity. It is spoken about as one thing, but really it encompasses so many other respectable and beautiful traits and patterns of thought and behaviour, to the point where it becomes hard to distinguish where one may end and another begins, or which is the driving force. I believe it has a positive radiance, and whenever I catch a glimpse of that, or see anyone striving to refine themselves, even in the smallest or simplest of ways, I am immediately responsive.

If you had a chance to visit any country, which one would it be, and why?

I’d choose to travel to the Peruvian mountains and the source of the Amazon, then follow it down to the Atlantic. So much of the wild is being damaged that I would want to see it at least once in my lifetime. Also, the insect life is far too tempting for a bug lover like me.

Are there any recent books that you enjoy?

Well, I’ve just polished off American Psycho. Very nasty book, brilliant though, and has a totally different feel to the film, mostly from its detail and overall presentation than from any real changes. Anything to do with beekeeping, bugs, bones, teeth or skin makes me happy. I’ll read whatever I can get.

What is you favorite Shakespearean play, if any?

I love me a bit of old Shakes; mostly the poetry, but Othello, The Tempest and Merchant of Venice are my favourites. Maybe put A Midsummer Night’s Dream in there, as well... When I was younger I used to hate Romeo and Juliette with venom, but we’ve made friends now. I still don’t think it’s a good example of his works, though.

Do enjoy sports? If so, which one is your favorite?

I enjoy the discipline and training of sports, and I have a bit of a soft spot for ice hockey, but the politics and finances kill my enjoyment, somewhat. The exploitive elements, too; I do whatever I can to avoid morally loaded words and thought, but if you have kids whose only chance out of abject poverty is football, cricket, basketball, tennis, gymnastics, etc and there are individuals feeding from that and earning more in a few years than several generations of people can hope for in their lifespan, there is something quite wrong. I sometimes go to see football to make my dad happy, or if my brothers and extended family are around and it is a little event. Mostly it’s the atmosphere I like; the colours, the chants that get made up and spread around thousands of people, many of which are amusing and witty.

I also enjoy solitary sports such as boxing (fly and middleweight), gymnastics and various martial arts. Swimming too.

I couldn’t really pick a favourite, as my focus is more on the training and body mechanic!

If you could have any job, what would it be, and why?

Anything that lets me travel is good. I’m in love with my job, and as long as I’m in an English speaking country I can work, which makes me incredibly happy. I’m also picking up some more tactile skills to enable me to be secure in non-English speaking countries. I don’t plan to settle down.

What color is your favorite, and why?

I like warm colours. Again there are no favourites, though I do enjoy the colours of autumn, and in spring when looking over a wood in distance and seeing so many shades of green that blend together.

Happy Me
12-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Tell me one moment you look back on in your life, and think something similar to: "I can not believe I did that!" Tell me:

One BDSM/getDare/sex related.
One in any other category.

What is the thing in the world that most makes your heart sing?
What was it you saw in the first place that made you reach out to me as a friend?
Do you like answering these truth questions?
Do you think I should post up an ask me anything thread? Do you think anyone would ask me stuff?

P.S. I really enjoyed reading this thread!!! :D

StrawDog
12-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Thanks for asking questions, Happyme, I completely missed this and it was a lovely surprise! I love that you've asked some.

Tell me one moment you look back on in your life, and think something similar to: "I can not believe I did that!"

1a. There was a time some years back, when returning from a walk in my village, I was stopped by a very beautiful, clearly trans-femme, woman who was attracted to my (then) long hair and struck up a conversation.

I learned that she was a tourist staying in my village on a minibreak, and she invited me back to her place 'for coffee'. Sexually, I was inexperienced at the time, however I was aware enough to know that had I gone, with all the signals she was putting out, we would have ended up having sex in one form or another. There was just that vibe. However, I did not go, as other family members where due to leave the home and I was without phone to contact them. Everytime time I recall it, I mentally kick myself. There have been some other such gaffs, but that one sticks out.

1b. This one takes a bit of a history lesson, sorry! My grandmother, on my mother's side, was an evil woman and as a child I was not exposed to her often. Even when I was, I tried to avoid her at all costs. However, over the years we've 'taken in' some people who cross paths with us, and grown to love them as family.

One such person to come into our home started off as a cleaner, before I was born, and became closer as my family gave support to her when she was mistreated and neglected by her own. A tiny, old lady! She was dearly loved, doted on my siblings, and me when I came along.

In many ways she was the grandmother we didn't have; especially me, as when I was born my other grandparents were already long dead, aside from the previously mentioned. I loved her, too, and of my few memories of early childhood, all of the happiest were with her. She stayed with us at holiday times, I'd go to visit her frequently as she lived alone, and she spent her last Christmas with us.

I was around six when she died, not long having started school. I was given the option to go to her funeral, and for a reason I can't remember, chose not to. It's one of the only things in my life I truly wish I'd done differently.

What is the thing in the world that most makes your heart sing?

Well, before about eight months ago, I'd say reading, writing and martial arts. However, a certain someone has come into the family now. Just thinking of the potential she is, and watching her grow, has me off with the faeries. It's almost as if; were I to do nothing other than keep watch over her, that would still be a good life. I'm glad I don't intend to have children of my own - I don't think I'd get a single thing done!

What was it you saw in the first place that made you reach out to me as a friend?

I noticed that you always reached out to other people with kindness, positivity and humour, and that it always had a ring of truth. I respect these things and wanted to get in touch, though was a bit unsure as I didn't want to come across as a creeper. I'm glad I got over that.

Do you like answering these truth questions?

Yes, I do! I like engaging with people and the truth threads are my favourite aspect of this site (with a lot untapped potential, I believe). I'm ever curious about others, and think it would be unfair of me to ask questions and not leave a door open, myself.

Also, in order to build a rapport with someone, you have to get to know at least an impression of them. Threads such as this are a good means of doing so.

Do you think I should post up an ask me anything thread? Do you think anyone would ask me stuff?

I hate giving advice, but... I'd LOVE it if you did! :p I can't answer for others, and some of the people I'd fully expect to ask you things have left GD now, but I can say that when it comes to questions I am one-man plague that will eventually swallow the earth. I don't think I could run out, especially when every time we talk you give me something new to think about. I'd certainly ask you things. Often!

However, by starting up a thread you may be exposed to a few more of the duds, and if that is upsetting to you, then by all means don't; thread or not, I'll still regularly interrogate you! :p

P.S. I really enjoyed reading this thread!!! :D

That makes me very happy to hear, and I hope you feel that your questions have been done justice. Take care, hon!

Happy Me
12-23-2013, 01:42 PM
Hey there!
I loved reading your answers! That was fun!
Now because I basically have to pee so bad that I can't move, and I still have 27 minutes until I am allowed, I am going to write you some questions! :D

What are your favorite TV shows? Why?
Thinking back on tasks/dares you have given, what has been your favorite(s)? Why? Did anything happen differently than what you expected?
Thinking back on tasks/dares you have done, what was your favorite(s)? Why?
Is there any past task/dare that you have given or done that make you blush now when you think about it?
Was there ever a task/dare that the results were so different from what you expected that it shocked you? Tell me about it? :D

Thank you again! You are so much fun to talk to!

StrawDog
12-24-2013, 04:02 PM
What are your favorite TV shows? Why?

Well, I have an interest in media and sociology, so I watch a LOT of shows. I'll put a top five of what I consider to be influential to me, but there will probably be loads of others I'd want to include. In no ranked order;

Cracker - I love this series. I was very young when it first aired, and one of my treats was being able to stay up to watch it, and Sharpe, as well. As far as I can see it stands the test of time, which many crime series simply do not, which is in no small part down to the dialogue. The main character is a real lovable bastard - a very hard charater to get right, especially over an extended period of time.

Shogun - A 1980's mini-series based on the historical romance novel of the same name. Before my time, but part of my education from my brother's pinched tape collection. Just a really great, well balanced story with layered characters that have understandable motivations - lots of grey areas and the posing of hard choices that go against their better judgements. I love a good dilemma... Great clothes and music, too!

Also, without wanting to sound preachy, many stories that follow the base premise of Shogun (stranger in a strange land, culture clash, etc) carry with them either blatant or subtle racism, especially in the time period it was produced. The main character is a skilled man, but not 'triumphantly superior' to the locals. In fact, he gets played time and time again with his attitude and ignorance of those around him. Quite refreshing, I think.

Blackadder - (II in particular) Still has me in stitches, and I adore Queenie. Also, the 'Let's call him Bob...' line has become a long-running family joke.

Twin Peaks - I never actually saw this while it was running, but came across it years later as an adult. I was blown away by it, both by the sheer camp, pulpy goodness and how all the usual tropes were twisted into something else. Also, the idea of a kindly agent/modern shaman is just too good to ignore.

The X-files - I've not seen another series that mashes so many genres so well. Love it, love it, love it. The feature film 'Tooms' is my very favourite. The series is both highly influenced by obscure works of sci-fi, and very inflential to many shows and films being made today. In fact, when I've answered these, my bro's and I are going to watch some episodes. :D

Thinking back on tasks/dares you have given, what has been your favorite(s)? Why? Did anything happen differently than what you expected?

I think your gagged singing is going to be a firm favourite! I like that it's embarrassing, but not extreme, and a bit silly and fun. Also, 'true colours' is a favourite of mine, so now whenever I hear it, I'll think of you and have a chuckle.

Something else that springs to mind is that I gave someone the task of making a suit out of stockings after they had a bath, wear it for a while, then to rub against certain surfaces and in bondage just to see how it feels. She had never tried anything like that before, and I wasn't at all sure how it would be responded to, as it is very much fetish based.

It turned out that she loved the task, and even sent me a pic of herself 'suited up', which was not something I was expecting at all as photos are a limit of hers. It's a beautiful pic, and always cheers me up.

Finally; there is someone I'm having bets with. Part of our challenge involves teasing by viewing porn images and tasks related to them. Anyway, whenever she is due a punishment, I have developed a real love of having her take humiliating and/or degrading photosets of herself and putting them in her image file, so they appear randomly as she's teasing herself. It's hilarious! In all probability, I'll never get to see any of them, but the idea alone has me bouncing off the walls.

Thinking back on tasks/dares you have done, what was your favorite(s)? Why?

This bet. I like a tense challenge, and we are both doing all we can to win, including sabotage each other, whilst still playing fairly and with justice to the spirit of the game. It's some of the most fun I've had here, and I find it a wonder it even happened at all.

Is there any past task/dare that you have given or done that make you blush now when you think about it?

There was a lost bet involving cum eating, if I was able to orgasm. Cum eating is written as a limit of mine simply because if I am open for dares/tasks, I don't want it to be something anyone could challenge me with.

As it transpired, I was not able to orgasm, but would have followed through if I did. The fact that I was in that position with someone does make me blush, some, yes.

Was there ever a task/dare that the results were so different from what you expected that it shocked you? Tell me about it? :D

I've never actually been shocked by the results of a task, mostly pleasantly surprised. There are things given where people have quite clearly lied, and I simply don't continue contact with them.

What has shocked me at times is the rudeness of some people contacted, especially if that contact is invited. I have a deep dislike of the attitude that being up-front, honest, 'Dominant' is carte blanche to speak without any thought, discussion or reasoning process at all.

Thank you again! You are so much fun to talk to!

Thank you, hon, and the same goes to you! Merry Christmas.

iSpuds
01-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Hello, Mister. ;)

-What's your most recent regret? If you're like me and don't really regret anything, then what's the most recent situation you feel would have faced a more positive outcome if it'd gone in a different direction?

-Name one piece of women's clothing you love to see the most.

-Reptiles or amphibians?

-Name one person you look up to the most.

-Are you a good cook?

-If you were asked to kiss one person's ass, whose ass would you choose?

-How valuable is your most prized possession?

-Oreos: Eat them whole or lick the cream?

-Favorite book?

-What's the most positive experience you've had in the year 2013?

-Did you make a new year's resolution? If so, what was it?

-If someone asked you to name a new month, what would you name it?

-Name one thing that instantly makes you happy.

privvy
01-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Do you enjoy being nude?
Have you ever been to a nudist beach?
If you have never been to a nudist beach, would you consider going to one?
Have you ever been skinny dipping? Alone or with friends?
If with friends, male or female?
Have you ever slept in the nude?
Have you ever gone commando?

StrawDog
01-07-2014, 08:52 AM
-What's your most recent regret? If you're like me and don't really regret anything, then what's the most recent situation you feel would have faced a more positive outcome if it'd gone in a different direction?

Most of that sort of thing is health related at the moment. I can't really escape it.

-Name one piece of women's clothing you love to see the most.

So, it turns out that I love seeing a lot of women's clothing. What springs to mind though are fairly straighforward things; I like seeing socks on nude women, or jeans, or oversized, buttoned shirts to sleep in. Jumpers with holes and chewed sleeves are nice. Or raggedy work clothes with paint spatters and torn pockets. That comfy, old pair of underwear is always a hit, or some fresh from the rack.

It's impossible for me think of one thing I like most. A fine pair of shoes is also a good one. Combat boots and baggy trousers make me drool, too. Yep, far too many things spring to mind...

-Reptiles or amphibians?

Reptiles. Though I have dug ponds for the critters, which contain a lot of cool, and noisy, little ampibians. We have newts!

-Name one person you look up to the most.

That I know - my mother.

-Are you a good cook?

I can eat well and enjoy cooking, but my food is not the most presentable.

-If you were asked to kiss one person's ass, whose ass would you choose?

I only get one person? There are so many I'd happily kiss, and bite a bit, too.

-How valuable is your most prized possession?

I really wouldn't know.

-Oreos: Eat them whole or lick the cream?

Dunk them in milk and munch.

-Favorite book?

I don't have one, but there are a couple of books I mentioned that I read from daily.

-What's the most positive experience you've had in the year 2013?

Working more and extending my training.

-Did you make a new year's resolution? If so, what was it?

I don't make resolutions as such, but I do watch myself and use the New Year to set some goals as the start of a new cycle. Really I just want to tweak things and do what I can to become stronger and more stable with my health.

-If someone asked you to name a new month, what would you name it?

In the U.K we only get one month; Grey. We divide it into twelve to fool ourselves in order to cope.

-Name one thing that instantly makes you happy.

As I've already said my niece, I'll choose something else... This time I'll go with sparring and grappling.

Thank you for asking me questions!

StrawDog
01-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Do you enjoy being nude?

Yes, I do.

Have you ever been to a nudist beach?

Yes.

If you have never been to a nudist beach, would you consider going to one?

Yes I have, though that was mostly for the scenery. It's not something I'd seek out.

Have you ever been skinny dipping? Alone or with friends?

Yes, I live by the sea and have often ended up in it in various states of undress. Both!

If with friends, male or female?

Both.

Have you ever slept in the nude?

I mostly do, when I'm not on call.

Have you ever gone commando?

I do that quite a lot!

Thank you for your questions.

justJane
01-10-2014, 11:04 PM
1. How many languages do you know? Which one has been the hardest to learn?
2. Favorite poem?
3. Clean shaven or beard? for yourself and your preference on others
4. When you have a spider in the house do you catch it and take it outside, kill it, or let it be?
5. Have you ever seen the 1970s movie 'Straw Dogs'?

StrawDog
01-12-2014, 01:11 PM
1. How many languages do you know? Which one has been the hardest to learn?

Well, I only speak the one language passably, but I'd like to work on my German, which has gotten a bit lost, and am learning Japanese. Would also like to gain an understanding of Russian, as well, at some point, though that is a low priority.

Whilst much German vocabulary is pretty easy to learn as an English speaker, the grammar I find very difficult. Japanese vocab is interesting to learn, the structure much simpler, but the script makes my head swim. Also, from where the writing is pictorial, Kanji can have multiple and very different interpreations and regional meanings.

2. Favorite poem?

I really don't have one! I do my best to read it every day and couldn't even begin to think of a favourite. Even in poetry that I dislike, I can still find lines or ideas that spark interest.

3. Clean shaven or beard? for yourself and your preference on others.

I can carry a beard quite well, and like to have a bit of one. However, it has to be neat, so quite often I'll go clean shaven to save time.

There isn't really a preference for me in others; I like to see people as they are comfortable, though some people are of course suited to different looks.

4. When you have a spider in the house do you catch it and take it outside, kill it, or let it be?

The spiders and I have a deal; they are welcome in my home and can go about their business as they protect the household, just so long as they keep out of the way. I'll take the larger ones out if they are being a nuisance on the floor or my bed. If they go on my face or neck they die immediately.

Generally I avoid killing anything, with the exceptions of clothes moths and mosquitoes.

5. Have you ever seen the 1970s movie 'Straw Dogs'?

Indeed I have! Much better than the senseless remake. Not where my username comes from though! :p

Thank you for asking me questions.

justJane
01-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Thank you so much for responding, StrawDog!

I saw you were learning Japanese - it seems like that would be difficult. I have a friend who is also learning it and he tried to explain some of the Kanjis to me but I am not very adept with other languages!

I have to admit, I rather expected you wouldn't have one favorite poem. ;)

You are a much better person than I with the spiders! I wish I could be that way - but my irrational fear takes over. I can't even get close enough to catch them.

I knew your username didn't come from the movie (because I read your whole thread) - but it is what I always think about. I haven't seen the remake and now I know not to waste my time.

StrawDog
01-14-2014, 04:47 AM
It's a pleasure to get questions; thank you for asking, and you're always welcome to ask more if you like. Hope you enjoy them - I certainly do!

Yes, and in all honesty I'm learning in a pretty undisciplined manner. My focus is on the speaking/listening elements, though I am building a tourists survival book of phrases that I can show people if I get desperate when I visit.

Well, I'm fortunate enough to live in an area where spiders don't pose an immediate risk of death, so that always helps! I find them beautiful, and from where my home is surrounded by farmland, see many different kinds with their different styles of hunting/trapping prey. I just don't like them on me!

Some of my favorite books on the shelves as a child featured naturalism, wildlife photography and building ponds, etc; so I can always call to mind the diagrams, disections and mysterious Latin names of organs and body parts. I think my general level of interest and curiosity overrides my fear.

I see! Hope you enjoyed the read. Well, Alexander Skarsgard gives a pretty good performance, and is well cast, I believe. A lot people don't see much of difference in the films, but there are two changes in particular that I feel strongly about;

Firstly, the husband's profession has been changed from a mathematician to screenwriter. This may seem a cosmetic change, but the high academic detachment is a better relation to the violence that follows. It also fits in with the calculating and manipulative nature of his character. The film does feel like a Conservative/Liberal boxing match, which cheapens the overall story.

The next issue is that in the remake, the husband is portrayed in a much more sympathetic light, even heroic toward the end. This I disagree with as it does glorify the violence.

Something that came across really well in the first film was that the husband still bore responsibility in the rape and escalation of violence, that his intellectual ignorance and social weakness were part of the terrible things unfolding. When he did take action, he revelled in it, felt liberated by it, despite being too late to take any form of constructive action and having ignored previous opportunities to prevent harm.

I think he wanted things to explode, despite not knowing exactly how or in what regard it would happen; to feel alive and feel like a man in his own mind, with any mistake or damage being explained away in extreme self-centeredness. This made him an invisible partner in his wife's suffering. That, to me, is one of the most powerful and frightening elements of the story, which seems totally devoid in the remake, despite it's polish.

drwarschauu
01-14-2014, 08:10 AM
I've seen some comic talk, but not a lot. So allow me.
Your avatar is clearly from Watchmen. Is that a particular favorite of yours?
Did you like the movie?
What did you think of the big change at the end compared to the graphic novel?
What do you think of Alan Moore?
Any other comics you really enjoy reading? Favorite runs?

And while I'm getting all nerdy:
Play any video games?
If so, what are you playing now?
What are your favorite games of all time? (Won't ask you for one in particular, you seem to have a problem with that :p)

Do you believe in (a) god?
What do you think happens to you when you die?
Do you think there's life on other planets than ours?
If so, do you think there's intelligent life out there?
Do you think we've been visited by aliens in the past?
Do you think aliens are even now visiting us/keeping an eye on us?

And finally:
A zombie outbreak occurs! What do you do?

StrawDog
01-15-2014, 04:14 PM
I've seen some comic talk, but not a lot. So allow me.

Thank you, kind Sir! :D

Your avatar is clearly from Watchmen. Is that a particular favorite of yours?

Yes, it is; I think it is one of the most artfully written and subtle comics I've ever read. When people ask me about what comic would be a good one to start with, or who seem a bit bemused over the attraction to such, it is one of my first suggestions for them to read.

I also find the blooded smiley a powerful image of itself. Stroke of genius.

Did you like the movie?

No; not due to any nerd rage about the comic, I just didn't like it as a film. However, Kovacs and the the Comedian were brilliantly cast, and Dr. Manhattan's origin story was beautiful.

What did you think of the big change at the end compared to the graphic novel?

I find it strange. The film is (oddly) criticized for how closely it follows the source material; many of the deviations up to that point are hard to spot on first viewing. The end is quite a radical departure.

Whilst the ending may superficially be more palatable for a mainstream audience, it's illogical, as the crux of Ozy's actions was to unite the superpowers against an unknown threat, which would simply disappear with Manhattan. It also messes with the moral standpoints of the characters, which is pretty central to the comic.

What doyou think of Alan Moore?

His work is hugely influential, intelligent, layered, and beautifully presented. There isn't much else I could say beyond that.

As an aside, it is also interesting to see a (modern) occultist having such wide acclaim.

Any other comics you really enjoy reading? Favorite runs?

I'm a Bat-fan (especially Dark Knight and Arkham Asylum) and lover of 2000AD. Dick Tracy, Tintin, X-Men and Doctor Fate are also firm favourites.

Play any video games?

I do, indeed.

If so, what are you playing now?

Minecraft
Fallout 2
Pokemon Y
Skyrim

I'm also like the MMO game Urban Rivals, which is good for a coffee break.

What are your favorite games of all time? (Won't ask you for one in particular, you seem to have a problem with that :p)

Final Fantasy 7 and 8 are my all time favourites, X-Com: TFTD, Pokemon Gold, Deus Ex, and Vagrant Story all spring to mind. Resident Evil and Tenchu 2 deserve a mention as well.

Do you believe in (a) god?

I've seen and encountered too many strange things to believe in nothing, but have enough experience with Soc. and Psych. to not get carried away. In all things I strive to keep an open mind.

As I could never know for sure, a question I pose myself is 'would it make a difference to how I see/treat myself and others, if I did?'. I try to live in such a way that the answer is no.

What do you think happens to you when you die?

I'll be a good meal.

Do you think there's life on other planets than ours?

I'd like to think so. The conditions for sustaining life have so many factors and are delicate. The variety on this world is pretty wondrous to exist at all, and we are a small planet in a small system. If there is life out there, I think it will be a long time before we find conclusive evidence. It is more probable that our planet and species will die before that happens. Perhaps our remains will go on to create new life? I like that.

If so, do you think there's intelligent life out there?

As above.

Do you think we've been visited by aliens in the past?

No, though I love various trash documentaries about it, particularly those of the 'Aliens built the pyramids!!!!' variety.

Do you think aliens are even now visiting us/keeping an eye on us?

As above. :p

A zombie outbreak occurs! What do you do?

I'd be so dead (or undead?)! Taking my health out of the equation, I live in a bungalow, in the U.K, and am too soft-natured to face a zompocalypse without checking if people need help and getting bitten.

Thanks for the questions, Doc. Hope you enjoyed the answers.

justJane
01-26-2014, 03:32 PM
First of all, thank you for the in-depth responses to my previous questions. I have to admit I haven't seen the movie in so long that I don't remember the specifics - and now I want to watch it again. :)

And yes, I very much enjoyed reading through this thread - you give such thoughtful answers that it is a joy to read.

Some more questions:

1) Do you like where you live? why or why not? Would you choose to live somewhere else long-term if you could?

2) Do you have any pets?

3) Are you afraid of any animals?

4) Are there any voice recordings of you on getDare? If not, would you consider doing one?

5) Have you ever tried hypnosis in a BDSM context?

6) I liked your response to having a religious belief very much. I wonder if you get a spiritual feeling sometimes that is inspired by nature and/or atmospheric conditions?

StrawDog
01-28-2014, 05:09 AM
It's a pleasure; thank you for taking the time to ask and read through. Hope you enjoy the viewing. :p

1) Do you like where you live? why or why not? Would you choose to live somewhere else long-term if you could?

Yes, I do; I live on cliffs, and walk whenever I'm strong enough (my last 'proper' walk was Christmas day). The sea is magnificent and there are rescued horses that roam along the land, so the air often has their tang mixed with the brine. We have species of plant and insect life that are exctint throughout the rest of the U.K, and quite often get visited by non-native species of bird in freak weather conditions. Despite the years I've lived there, I've never been on the same walk twice; there is always something different.

Regarding living somewhere long-term; I don't intend for that to be the case. For a long time now I've been trapped by ill health and it's hard to not lose myself in it. My ideal is to travel and explore, and when I am stronger that will be my life. I've never had any intention to raise a family, etc, so it's only a matter of time.

2) Do you have any pets?

We do! There were dogs and cats in the family long before I was born, though due to my father's preferences the dogs were of a violent breed and poorly trained; all of our dining chairs had splits and breaks in them where my father had to separate the dogs when they fought, which was often, and it was not uncommon for there to be blood up the walls and ceiling on Firework's night and New Year. At my youngest, I thought that was just normal. Looking back, their place in our family home was totally irresponsible. We also had a lovely cat, a runt that survived against the odds and lived to the age of 21.

After their deaths, we had no pets for a while, though there were semi-feral cats that knew we were a soft touch and would vist. When we got another dog we chose a rescued puppy whom I consider to be my first pet, as I was there at the beginning (and end) and able to do normal 'pet-like' activities with, without risk of being torn apart. She was an absolutely beautiful dog, a Leonberger standing taller than me, and had a massive impact on the family; especially my father, who had never known what it was like to have a safe and loving dog. Unfortunately she developed cancer and had to be put down after six years with us.

There was another long period where we did not have another dog, this time due to the feeling of loss, rather than relief, though a few years ago we rescued another; a hound puppy who was left with her litter in a box to die. She's now a thoroughly spoilt dog with a lovely, though skittish, temperament, and will quite often be spread out asleep on the sofa while we perch on the arms or sit on the floor, ourselves. She has long, velvet soft ears and a knack for mischief.

I have also kept rats and mice, and would like to keep snakes, though my brother is a drummer and it would be unfair to them.

3) Are you afraid of any animals?

I'm not quite sure how to answer this; there are no animals I have a phobia of or aversion to, but a healthy respect of their risk. Horses, for example, are animals that I feel are beautiful, but am very aware that one kick to the head or back could finish me off or cripple me, and I knew horse people who have been killed by them. I would say that I like them from a distance!

4) Are there any voice recordings of you on getDare? If not, would you consider doing one?

There are no recordings of me on GD, and that is not likely to change, though I have great respect for people who do - Dare...'s singing in particular, and the skunk song! There are some people I would talk to on a mic, if I had one, though.

5) Have you ever tried hypnosis in a BDSM context?

Not directly, and I don't think I would. With my work and training, there are certain language skills that do help me sexually, as they help me in daily life, but that is a benefit of studying communication and being open and receptive, rather than deliberately inducing trance and going from there.

I don't use hypnosis in SM for the same reason that I don't do parlour tricks when people ask me to; it goes against my personal ethics. I've no problem with people who do play in that way, it's just not for me. However, I like to talk with those who engage in it and hear of their experiences. Hypnosis can do some pretty incredible things.

6) I liked your response to having a religious belief very much. I wonder if you get a spiritual feeling sometimes that is inspired by nature and/or atmospheric conditions?

That is a very unusual and particular question to ask! I remember that you are a nature lover, yourself...

The short answer is yes, I do. There are places that carry a certain feeling to them, where the air itself feels different, and the usual noticing of things at certain times of year. The issue with such intuitive thoughts and impressions, though, is that they carry no evidence. So, I take in what is there and think things over, but keep quiet so as not to mislead myself or others.

I do make a study of world faiths and spiritual beliefs, as I find it interesting of itself and beneficial as a therapist. Something that I have started looking into is Ley lines and prehistoric stone circles. There have been many people who've had profoundly spiritual experiences and odd occurences along the lines, and not just the stereotypical hippies hopped up on mushrooms waiting for the sunrise. I think there is enough there to bear investigation.

Siren
05-17-2015, 02:40 PM
1. Which political party do you support?
2. What's your favourite bird?
3. What's your favourite thing about each of the four seasons?
4. What do you wish you had more of?
5. Soapy bums or plugged bums? :p
6. What's one kink you're interested in but have yet to try?
7. What's the best advert you've seen? (By this I mean "commercials" and not gD adverts.)
8. What's your least favourite word?
9. What've the funniest thing you've heard in the past week?
10. If you had to pick another profession, what would you choose?

lola.fox
05-17-2015, 02:59 PM
1. what's your favorite movie genre?

2. what was your last impulse buy?

3. what was the last snack you had that you really enjoyed?

4. how many hours do you need to sleep a night to feel fully rested?

5. how long was your last phone call?

StrawDog
08-14-2015, 04:55 PM
Eek! I'm really sorry to you both for missing these, and am not sure how it happened. Well, I've been pretty out of it for a while, so that's probably how, and looking for something I posted have found them now. I'm so sorry. Thank you for asking such wonderful questions.

@Dare...:

1. Which political party do you support?

I'm deeply conflicted when it comes to matters of a political nature as I disagree with our system and its operation, as well as how we the public interact with law and politics. Well, most forms of social power and authority. The short answer is that I'm left-leaning, but cannot in good conscience give my support to any of the current parties. I work for whatever small change I can make, keep aware of what is going on and look for opportunities to get involved. That I feel is the best way for me, now. Sorry that wasn't much of an answer!

2. What's your favourite bird?

Cranes, owls and eagles.

3. What's your favourite thing about each of the four seasons?

Spring: There are times during spring where animals, people, the air itself seem to be charged with this natural high. Just feels good.

Summer: With my body as it is, I'm near permanently cold, and often in pain and exhaustion from trying to keep warm or stave off infection. That is less in the heat. Also; newts!

Autumn: The clear air gives good views from the cliff, and wonderful storms.

Winter: Heavy silence and vast spaces to myself where people don't go out.

4. What do you wish you had more of?

Energy.

5. Soapy bums or plugged bums? :p

Shameless ass-lover that I am, can I haz all teh bums? :badteeth: or, if you really wanted to be mean and make me commit to a proper answer, I'd choose getting lathered up with a soapy bum, giving it a very careful and thorough drying off, maybe a bite or two for luck, then spending some nice time plugging it. Meanie! You've now given me cravings!

6. What's one kink you're interested in but have yet to try?

There are loads! When my hands get back to normal I'd love to do some decorative work with needles.

7. What's the best advert you've seen? (By this I mean "commercials" and not gD adverts.)

We've spoken a lot about adverts, and often I enjoy them more than the programmes they break up. As for best? Stella Artois and Honda campaigns are the best I can think of.

8. What's your least favourite word?

For me it's less about the word itself but the way it's misused. That being said, referring to a little finger as 'pinkie' is inexplicably horrid. But, pinkie isn't a REAL word, anyway. Meeeh!

Oh! And when people say 'vaj' or 'vajay-jay' (seriously?)

9. What've the funniest thing you've heard in the past week?

My niece has me in stitches with with her words and humour.

10. If you had to pick another profession, what would you choose?

Writer.

@Lola:

1. what's your favorite movie genre?

I'm a lover of film, but I'd go with horror. The reason being is it can spread across many genres, and makes you see and explore ideas that few others can.

2. what was your last impulse buy?

A pizza, my kryptonite.

3. what was the last snack you had that you really enjoyed?

Oh, man! So, I'd been unable to eat for almost three days, and in the early hours got my hunger back and strong enough to stand and cook, so I made a Scooby sandwich of veggie burgers (I will never say how many), melted cheese, mayo, ketchup and capers. So good! So good... Now you've given me cravings, too! :(

Butts and sandwiches, I'm so easy to please.

4. how many hours do you need to sleep a night to feel fully rested?

Fully rested? What's that? :p 8-9 do me.

5. how long was your last phone call?

Seventeen minutes and thirty-five seconds, holding on a line to redeliver a postal package.

Thank you!