PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about kneeling

JanR 266
08-05-2012, 03:05 AM
Hi
I recently have been trying out going around on my knees, without my feet on the ground. Its fine, but im wondering if its ok to work over the skin on your knees with stuff like that on a daily basis, or if i should have days or so off between doing that kind of thing?
Im just making sure im not unaware of any risks that may come with doing that.

I hope i explained my question clearly :)

archie21
08-05-2012, 09:02 AM
If something causes you too much pain or discomfort then you shouoldn't do it.
The knees like most joints of the body can only take so much being pushed out of alignment... the skin is there to protect the body so if you begin to get reaction then you should stop. If the re-action goes on too long you should seek medical advice.

So take breaks.

About the only parts of the body that are able to absorb punishments are the sexual organs and I am sure someone will disagree on that.

silverdarknight
08-05-2012, 09:20 AM
A quick google suggests that long term use/abuse such as you describe can cause soft tissue damage (there is even a condition called 'housemaids knee'), which seems quite treatable.

Other damage such as dislocated kneecaps seems to be mostly sports/impact injuries so you should be ok.

DO NOT just take my word for it however. It was only a quick google and I'm not a medic.

JanR 266
08-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Thanks everyone :)