PDA

View Full Version : Pushing the limits

Stripperman
05-14-2008, 04:51 AM
As a master I have some hard limits such as blood, scat, permanent. These are things I would never ask my slave to do. My slaves or potential slaves also have limits. Some are hard and some are soft. NaughtyCloe has a good thread on that one, it is worth the read. As a master I tell my potential slaves that they must pick one limit that will be pushed, here is why I do it.

A slave gives me his or her limits, then that slave is now in her comfort box so to speak, anything master asks of her in fine. By insisting that a limit be pushed this puts the slave slightly outside her comfort zone thus keeping him or her on the edge. By not knowing how or when this limit will be pushed the slave should feel more controlled or in other words more like a slave.

Looking for your comments and reasonable discussions.

No Limits? : http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=5347

Soft Limits : http://getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=10775

Bandit|Queen
05-14-2008, 06:23 AM
I think this depends totally on the kind of limits you are talking about. One of my limits is scat as well, this is something that if Master tried to push I would walk away. This limit is not pushable by anyone.

However with limits that are more to do with me being unsure about it and not knowing if I'd enjoy it or not then yes I enjoy them being pushed. Like chloe said in her thread, it's more things that I don't perticularly like rather than a limit. I initially said nothing public to Master but over time I have ended up do a fair few things were I could get cought and I now enjoy the risk factor as well as that I'm doing something I'm not 100% comfortable with for Master. So that is a long way of saying maybe to this question.

Stripperman
05-14-2008, 01:18 PM
I think this depends totally on the kind of limits you are talking about. One of my limits is scat as well, this is something that if Master tried to push I would walk away. This limit is not pushable by anyone.

In my opinion hard limits should never be pushed or even considered for pushing, and everybody's hard or soft limits are different. If a slave says to me, scat is a hard limit, then that is where it stays (it is one of my hard limits as a master anyway). Hope this clears it up for you TS.

I guess I posted in the wrong place, thanks to the mod that moved it

SubMissChievous
05-14-2008, 01:41 PM
I guess I posted in the wrong place, thanks to the mod that moved it

You're welcome :)

lol I'm the odd one who answered "No" although it's more a "No, at least not from the start of a relationship" kinda "No".

Of course, I agree about the hard limits part that they shouldn't be pushed. I don't think I could ever match up myself with someone who would happen to have some fetish or kink that involved a hard limit of mine anyway as it would show that we're most likely incompatible anyway.

About soft limits then it's slightly different... I would surely say no at the beginning of a relationship because I think that diving into these too fast is a big mistake. Like I said in the Soft Limits thread, for me, those are not just dislikes but activities that makes me feel bad or uncomfortable not only during it but after as well. And when I say after I don't mean minutes or hours but more like days & weeks. I don't really see any of my dislikes even strong ones as limits either. And when a Master deals with a slave's dislikes they want to be patient & careful so obviously they would need to be that extra patient & careful when comes to limits.

So to me doing something that would involve some of my soft limits isn't impossible to happen but I would see this as a more long-term goal & would need a lot of trust & discussion in order to feel comfortable enough to dive into it.

Stripperman
05-14-2008, 02:50 PM
You're welcome :)

a lot of trust & discussion in order to feel comfortable enough to dive into it.

The key word for me here as well is discussion, if we can't communicate then we can't understand each other, this is true in all aspects of life not just S/M relationship.