PDA

View Full Version : Post #1,001: What I've Learned

Komodo Jones
07-27-2012, 05:08 PM
I think this would be where I would post this but if not I'm sure someone will refer it and the mods weill move it.

Well originally, when I started nearing my 1,000th post on getdare, I wanted to do something special for it. Unfortunately, due to the fact that I was unaware that reporting one of the many people who still does not possess the knowledge to ask for truths or dares in the correct section counts as a post, I was not able to do so. Now I could go on and on and rant about this but that is not the purpose of this post. But it is an answer as to why this is post #1,001.

Now a while ago I asked what I should do for my 1,000th post and one person gave me a suggestion. Now as some of you know I’ve chosen to become a sub for a wonderful, incredible domme and I consider myself very fortunate that we have found each other. As soon as I told her what the one person suggested, she decided to take the reins and come up with something for me to do for my post #1,000. She wasn’t too wild about me accidentally going over 1,000 posts but she was very understanding, considering that I didn’t know that reporting counted as a post. Recently, she has told me that for my 1,001st post I am going to write about all that I have learned from her with the time that I’ve been with her. So without further rambling, here is what I have learned from my domme.

The first thing I learned from my domme actually occurred before we became we established our official domme and sub relationship; I just didn’t know it at that point. Going along with that, the first thing, that I knew about, I learned from my domme, came from my first assignment in my “trial period.” My first assignment in my trial period was to translate eight sentences that were in code. Each of these sentences was a question or a little task. These sentences were in binary, hexadecimal, base64, and some other miscellaneous codes such as binary within hexadecimal. So the first thing I have learned from my domme, even though she wasn’t my official domme at that time is how to decode these types of encryptions. Granted I’m not fluent in them and I still don’t understand base64 at all, but I did the task. In fact one of my tasks was to ask her a question about her that I would like to know in one of the codes on the assignment. I chose hexadecimal. The second thing I learned from this task, is something that I thought was actually a myth. I learned that there are dominants out there that are willing to go the extra mile to give a truly creative task.

The second thing I learned from my domme was some image editing. The second task that was given to me was a picture file sent to me via e-mail that concealed two questions. The first one was fairly easy to find, and although the second one would be easy but something got messed up in the transfer of the picture to my e-mail and well that was kind of disheartening. However, from this task I did learn that pictures can have text attached to them if you open them in a different format, such as in Notepad. And some of these texts can be in code such as hexadecimal.

Another thing I learned from my domme actually happened after we became official, and it’s not particularly something I like to revisit, punishments. This is not the first time I have experienced punishments that’s for sure but in my experiences, it’s been administering a quick spanking or some kind of infliction of pain. However, that’s not the actual case with my domme; she’s very creative in her punishments as well. I’m not saying that her punishments do not involve some sort of pain because they do, however one thing I learned from one of my punishments was induction into corner time. I have never experienced corner time before, but during this time I was to think about a certain topic that my domme decided. It’s not really all that bad, but it did feel a little demeaning and it did let me get my thoughts together. Well I will say it wasn’t really corner time, my directions were to face a wall but the only way I would face a wall without seeing any of the many posters in my room was to stand in a corner. Also during this punishment I “re-learned” how much I hate kneeling. I just thank my domme that she was merciful enough to let me take a break after reaching a certain amount of my punishment. The main lesson I was to learn from this punishment and what she taught me was to not judge the quality of your work by what others think about it if you enjoy it yourself. Hence why there is an apology in my story, Targeting the Ignored.

I received a second punishment and this one taught me quite a lot of things. The main lesson I learned from this punishment by my domme was to put complete trust in her, and if anything will affect our relationship she will tell me about it. In the past, when I was punished it was always just physical pain, however I learned from this experience that mental/emotional pain can be just as damaging, as I felt completely awful about not trusting my domme completely. That is quite possibly the worst feeling I get from my punishments is the fact that I have let my domme down and upset her, and it does take an emotional toll on me. During this particular punishment though I also learned that in certain situations my domme can turn my likes into something that I don’t enjoy. The particular thing that she made me do is still in my likes, but only in certain situations with her.

I also received another punishment while I was in the process of writing this that taught me physical exercise is important, as well as even though my domme may be busy or away for a while does not mean that I am exempt from her tasks for me or the rules I have to follow, even though that was not my intent, but my job in writing this post is not to defend myself.

There is also another punishment on the way for something that I did and what I learned from this situation is to prioritize better and to respect my domme and not slack off when she gives me something to do. This is not to say that my wants and desires are not important but my domme’s wants, desires, and assignments are just as, if not more, important than my own. Like I said I have not received my punishment for this yet, but I know that it will be a very difficult lesson to learn.

I think over all these punishments though I have always learned the same thing, and I actually kind of knew this already, but it was a “not-so nice” refresher is that these punishments were meant to be learning experiences and ways to help me behave better and learn from my mistakes so that I can correct them in the future. And another thing I learned from this was try to behave well and avoid punishment, because my domme does very well in helping me learn from my mistakes. If I was in a normal s/m relationship if I was to be punished, I’d probably be ordered to give myself spankings or something. My domme has looked over my list and sees that I like spankings, so if she did that I wouldn’t really have any motivation to not misbehave again. Notice I have not said what my domme’s punishments have been but I will say them later if she wishes.

Going off the negative aspects of punishments there are still some other things that I have learned from being with my domme. I learned several things from my domme in doing my first task as her official sub. She sent me in an e-mail two attachments. One I couldn’t open for some odd reason but the other thing she sent me was a picture with seven different colors in a rectangle and I was to decode this as it was a password for the second part of this task. When I first saw this all I could say was “What?!” However, after a while of researching, and by a while I mean like a week or so I learned that every color that can be displayed on a computer can be converted into a hexadecimal code. This was a very interesting aspect that I didn’t know that my domme managed in teaching me and would be something I would use in a later assignment which I will touch on in a little bit.

After I decoded this picture and told her the password concealed in it, she gave me the second attachment that she couldn’t give me before and this was one of my favorite things to learn from my domme. My domme can incorporate things I enjoy, non-sexual, into my assignments. As some of your probably know I am a gamer, mainly playing games on Nintendo consoles but occasionally I do play games on my PS2. Anyway, my domme sent me a link to three different games online and she gave me a score to try and match or beat in each game. She also gave me ten tries to do this in. If I did so I was to take a screenshot of it and show it to her. So I’ve learned from her that not all tasks are sexual and that dommes can be creative and do care more than just what can you do for them. I also learned how to do screenshots now. I also have reason to believe that she played all three of these games so that she could set a manageable score instead of just guessing on a score that in no way would be possible to achieve. I passed two out of the three. I know the result…sort of…for not passing the third game but that’s another story for another time. So I have learned that my domme is reasonable as well, although that is an attribute that most subs just tend to assume about who they submit to.

The most recent assignment I’ve had to do was one of the more demanding ones that I’ve done and it actually helped me learn a lot of new things. If you haven’t noticed a theme yet, my domme is into computers and my most recent assignment was to make some html documents and start with some basic web page design. I have never constructed a web page, and I still haven’t but with html documents learning html speech I have made what appears to be a web page even though it’s not on the web. So I have learned how to type basic html speech from my domme. Rather than leaving me high and dry without any clue as to what I was to be doing she gave me a, I guess you could call it a primer of certain speech patterns you could use to create different things such as links or font colors. Since undertaking this project I have learned how to make on an html document: headings for web pages, titles, how to establish background color as well as font color, size, and style and how to center, bold, italicize or underline text. I have also learned how to align text on a page, how to skip lines, start new paragraphs, create borders between the page by a horizontal line. I have learned how to embed images, as well as multimedia files such as videos and music on to a web page, as well as establishing links via text and via pictures. I have learned how to make large tables as well as ordered and unordered lists. I’m not sure if there’s some way to add gridlines to a table, which would make it a little more organized, but I may learn that in the future. Almost every thing I have just listed in this past paragraph, it is somewhere on the html pages I have made and sent to my domme. So whilst I do know how to do these things, every now and then, I may need a referesher, that’s why I still have that document on file, as well as many other things that have some incorporation with my domme in a folder on my hard drive as well as in my e-mail account. Will I make an official web page some day? I’m not sure. Whilst I have learned hmtl speak from my domme, I have not learned any logistic on how to establish a domain name or what fees are needed what providers there are, but I may learn that in the future. But like I said I’m not sure.

If you remember near the beginning of this post, I said my domme actually taught me something before I was her official sub. I think without a doubt this is the most important thing I have learned from my domme and I continue to learn this every day. I have spoken about this on my blog and it may seem like I have the whole thing figured out but with my time with my domme I have truly learned what it’s like to experience a true sub and dominant relationship. In the past I have been a slave numerous times, but never a sub, yet I know what I look for in these types of relationships. I love doing sexual things for a dominant there’s no question there but I also want to have a relationship, that’s non-sexual with my dominant as well. In every past relationship in where I’ve been the submissive, except for two, there has been a relationship, but this one just feels different. I think part of that reason was that in the past rules and tasks were set as soon as we started a relationship. With my domme and I when we became official I have had three tasks as well as three rules and our relationship has lasted a little over four months now. Also in every relationship like this I’ve been in the past I’ve always had to refer to my dominant with a term of respect yet I feel like an equal partner, even though I am a submissive. In this relationship I usually just refer to my domme by her first name, which I shall not reveal in this post as well as any of the other personal information that we have learned about each other just by talking. That’s honestly what we do a lot of times just talk, ask each other how our days were, and we really just rely on each other. It’s not I contact on her msn messenger and she doesn’t say “Ok here’s what you can do for me.” We honestly just talk learning new things about each other every day. It’s really awesome how even though we are a domme and her sub, it feels like a friendship which is what I think relationships like this need to be. As I’ve stated up above, yes there are tasks, there are punishments, and there are rules but other than the rules, these are not instated daily. So I really enjoy this relationship because I am honestly experiencing and learning so many things that I haven’t learned before.

In closing thank you for taking the time to read this all the way through if you did, and a big thank you to my domme for being able to help me experience what a true d/s relationship is like and all the other things you have taught me through our time together.