PDA

View Full Version : getdare gathering

give_me_dares
05-10-2008, 02:47 AM
i think this is the place for my suggestion, my idea is that we (as in the whole of the getdare community) should have a gathering where everyone comes along and gets to know others on getdare where we might get to meet depp and others. this should be for everyone around the world. what do you think, do the poll and leave a comment.

Hampers
05-10-2008, 05:10 AM
This is what I'm planning to do next year on my World Tour! (See my blog for deets)
Idea thief... Nah just kidding. It's a good idea!

depp
05-10-2008, 06:03 AM
It would be fun to meet some of you guys one day. Perhaps in a few years when the other site is a little more popular we can combine the two sites into one big event. I don't think we have the numbers for this now but I think we will in a few years. :)

Davros
05-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Thing is, there are a lot of 13-18 year olds on getDare at the moment. It'd be quite scary to go alone. Plus, many users are in different countries.

Nice idea, however :)

andom4444
05-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Why do i get the feeling that not even one girl would turn up to this lol!

youngscotsman
05-10-2008, 12:44 PM
would thier be an age limit?

an a agree, a dont think any girl would turn up

nuditydudity
05-10-2008, 04:28 PM
I think that a girl might show up.

I love this idea, but I agree with the possibility of being scared to come by some people.

Wow. that was a terribly phrased sentence.

Different countries is always problematic, but I'm sure we can work our way around that.

NudityDudity

Pikachu
05-11-2008, 06:47 AM
Whilst this idea is brillent in theory...it would be almost impossible to pull off users from all around the globe meeting up would be awsome but i can't see it happening :(
with the prices of plane tickets hotell rooms and such it would be almost physically impossible to do :(

Would love it to happen one day though...

Davros
05-11-2008, 06:49 AM
For shame you doubters!

Depp already has plans for a branch of getDare Hotels!

Oreo_here
05-11-2008, 06:51 AM
Oh,come on! I'd turn up to say 'STFU and GTFO' alot.:o
Nah, but I don't think that would be fair for people whom are too far away. Fo'serious. Like poor little Travis! All the way in Canada! But the combining of the two sites and a meet sounds oh so tempting! ^-^ But if this was ever put in to motion, I think it would need alot more ideas on the place etc. But great idea! And yes, Hampers. You'd still better be coming here! D=

AverageDaniel
05-11-2008, 03:54 PM
If any loyal getDare members happen to be multi-millionares, speak now or forever hold your peace. We promise, Chloe will actually talk to you if you pay for everyone's airfare and hotel.

glue
05-23-2008, 10:03 AM
this is a brilliant i dea

what if...

there were different meet ups across the world (most popular places like uk and usa)

i think it could work?

MstDynamic
05-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Great Idea,

How far are people willing to travel, great idea though.

A get Dare meet, would it be meet, or possible a Huge Get'down'Dare FEST!!

Lots of wedgies m/f running around, cool lol :)

uncurios
05-23-2008, 10:27 AM
sounds dangerous to me

Manbearpig
05-23-2008, 10:53 AM
sounds dangerous to me

i would have to agree. and unless we do have a multi-billonare i wouldnt be the greatest of all ideas finacially since half of us live in the united states and half in europe.

Hampers
05-23-2008, 06:05 PM
half of us live in the united states and half in europe.

Of course, no-one lives anywhere else. I.e. Asia, Canada, the Middle East, Africa, Australasia.

[/Sarcasm]

Zeromus
05-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Of course, no-one lives anywhere else. I.e. Asia, Canada, the Middle East, Africa, Australasia.

[/Sarcasm]

poor hampers.

*gives a consolation cookie, flavored oatmeal raisin peanut*

enjoy nonetheless.

Runnin_Champ13
05-23-2008, 09:00 PM
I like it but itd be to hard I think to get people from all diffrent countries.

Big_Joe
05-31-2008, 06:35 PM
It's not the money that really concerns me its simply the organisation!!! It's hard enough to set up a simple game of truth or dare on MSN. You think you've done it and you end up with two or three people out of ten!

I could afford to pay for my airline n any of that... that doesn't bother me, but it would be impossible to get a date which everyone could come; also what an amount of time and effort for just a few hours to meet with the other members... i dont want to sound too miserable but it just wouldn't be worth it

n yes definitely need an 18+ age rating (sorry to disapoint the younger users) but it would simply be too dodgey to have 14 and 15 year olds meeting with adults to meet people they've met on a website.

P.S. hampers traveling to America from Australia aint soo bad is it about 12 hours... not to bad for a one off flight.