PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Anyone Taking Photos

fitsexyguy
07-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

I would just like to give some advice to anyone who plans to send others photos and/or videos.

Be very cautious when taking photos and sending them online.

Most smartphones and now some cameras add a geotag to photos to tell you where the photo was taken.

I'm sure many people have seen how precise the GPS location can be on an iPhone, that data is stored with the photo when you download or send it.

I bring this up because I had a friend send me a photo and the geotag info was easily available and I was able to pin point the location the photo was taken to their house. In this case it wasn't a problem but if you are sending photos from your phone or photos that were taken on your phone to someone you don't really know, proceed with caution.

For iPhones go into settings > Location Services > Camera > Turn the switch off or alternatively you can turn Location Services off completely.

With Android and the Samsung Galaxy S2 you can select whether or not you wan't the location through
[Camera -> Settings -> GPS Tag(On/Off)]

Mikkel_123
07-10-2012, 02:31 AM
With Android and the Samsung Galaxy S2 you can select whether or not you wan't the location through [Camera -> Settings -> GPS Tag(On/Off)]

SamanthaCD92
07-10-2012, 02:34 AM
This is a great post, thanks for this, i had never put 2+2 together to consider this.

Well done, and thanks for sharing :)

fitsexyguy
07-10-2012, 03:46 AM
With Android and the Samsung Galaxy S2 you can select whether or not you wan't the location through [Camera -> Settings -> GPS Tag(On/Off)]

Thanks for that Mikkel.

This is a great post, thanks for this, i had never put 2+2 together to consider this.

Well done, and thanks for sharing :)

Not a problem, most people would be completely unaware or would know about it but just not think anything of it.