PDA

View Full Version : getDare Needs Staff

depp
05-02-2008, 04:13 AM
getDare is about to expand and needs new staff members to join the team!

If you are interested in being considered please reply by telling a little about yourself and why you want to help out. People who are selected will be made general moderators on both getDare and the secret project. Selections will be made after private discussions with the current staff. Please only apply if you are an established poster here with a good reputation.

Cheers :)

Pikachu
05-02-2008, 07:51 AM
I have been a member for quite a while now and whilst i do occasionally come and go from the site it is mostly due to internet problems...But i try to access the site every day and read any new posts.

I believe i have a decent amount of posts and reputation and although it is not huge like some people (newslave) it is decent and i don't really worry about such things.

I want to help out this site because it is my favourite site on the internet atm and i know i can help out around here by defending others and helping the needy (i try to do this a bit but no not much avail)

I am also hard working and when i put my mind to set tasks i never give up.

I think i am kind of respected around this community in more than just reputation wise.

I also have a habit of reading every story in this site so i can help moderate that section and put more stories into the 18+ section.

Thanks for your time

Collared_Slave
05-02-2008, 09:51 AM
I would like to help out- im normally on here regularly.
I like helping people and i think this would be a good way to do it.
I think i have a good reputation.

Davros
05-02-2008, 10:17 AM
I'd apply but I assume my age would be a problem :)

Good luck to all :)

Collared_Slave
05-02-2008, 10:18 AM
I'd apply but I assume my age would be a problem :)

Good luck to all :)

I dare you to apply.

andom4444
05-02-2008, 10:27 AM
I would like to apply, i have browsed this kind of site since i was about 15, i know what is acceptable andd what isn't. I also have run my own (different) websites before and understand html and php.

Oreo_here
05-02-2008, 10:54 AM
I'd definately enjoy being a memeber of staff and moderating the site, I'm probably not the right age, but will be in three months, So I will post this now.
I am on on a regular basis (daily) and check through as many threads as possible for entertainment and curiosity, as well as being in the main GetDare chat room.
I know I haven't been here quite as long as some people i've met on here, but in the time I have been here I've made quite a few acquaintances.I have great ideas to promote the site and skilled in HTML coding for websites.
I would take great pride in moderating the site, for it is a great forum and I have no doubt your new 'project' will be just as great!

Leona

give_me_dares
05-02-2008, 10:58 AM
i believe that i will be a good member of staff on here because i have been on this site whenever i can, i am always in contact with some of the people on getdare and i believe i will be a addition to the team. i currently have a good reputation and also i try to post wherever and whenever i can.

Sum
05-02-2008, 11:07 AM
I'd like to put my name forward properly this time, as last time I did so only half heartily.

I've been a member since 2005, if you count my first username of sum1, during that time though i have had periods where i am away from the site I've always tried to make constructive and balanced posts.

I think my posts and reputation help to show my personality within the site additionally I've consistently tried to help moderators by pointing out threads that are in the incorrect area or other inappropriate content.

I'd be very interested in helping out with the 'other place' as it grows and develops, helping to nurture the community there into what it can, and should, become.

AverageDaniel
05-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Depp/The Rest of the Current Staff,

I've been a member here for almost a year(even if it did take me quite a while to actually post), so I have experience on the site. I am on the site quite a bit and am in the chat almost the whole time, which is something I haven't noticed many moderators doing. This would definitely help solve problems faster. I may be established more as a comedy poster, but I wouldn't abuse my power(more than cheesy and Straw have already done to me), and to be honest, how funny would it be for me, the getDare conspiracy guy, to be a staff member?

-Dan.

war990
05-02-2008, 04:01 PM
I would love to join but there is only one thing i am not on very much and not responsible so not going to but wish i could

johnny_c18
05-02-2008, 08:45 PM
HA! I have an advantage over like...half the posters.
I'm actually 18. Wabam!

Anyways, in all seriousness, I think I would be a prime candidate for getdare staff-age. I've been here about...6 months? I think? I have an adequate posting history and contribute to topics well...I suppose. Unlike a lot of the members here, I give effort to maintain a sense of readability and syntax in my posts. I believe I'm fairly conservative when it comes to any...weird stuff, and would do my best to moderate the board for "bad eggs". But I also have a sense of humor, and would be pretty fair with my responsibilities.

Getdare is a valuable, fun, insightful asset to the internet, and I would hate to see it go down, either from disuse or misuse.

Just thought I'd throw my hat in.
-John

p.s. I thought I'd add that I have mad skillz in both BBCode and html. Madddddd skillz.
And I'd love to get more people organized to play online.

Lonelyangel
05-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Ok, well i'm 16 and from the UK but i can cope with time differences, i'm also currently taking my AS/A Levels which is roughly the equivalent to SATs in America i believe.
In terms of Getdare despite my recent extended leave around easter, i feel i am committed deeply to Getdare. I have been here about two years in total
(18 months member, 6 months ghost). I feel that despite some foolish posts at the start, i feel that my quality of posts in terms of daring and generally have both improved massively.
I feel that over the recent months my reputation on Getdare has grown a lot more, however not thorugh quantitive posts more qualitative. During my time here i feel that i have always tried to do the right thing, if someone has got out of line or insultive without having to be insultive back, although granted i have on occasion lost my cool.
Finally although my post count is quite a distance behind some who have been here a lot less time then me, i am committed to Getdare and am willing to increase time spent on here and the secret project to prove this.

Lonelyangel

jlstockton25
05-03-2008, 01:55 PM
While I know I have only been here a few months, and haven't posted half as much as most of the other applicants, I believe I would be a good addition to the staff. I don't know much about web design and coding, but I would be good at enforcing rules and am more than willing to answer general questions and help new members feel welcome. Thanks!!

-Jessica

Merlin
05-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Hmm i see this a bit different than some others as for me it is not a title or a thing that i should get for being a good poster. Being a mod means more work, but is see that it is a work that has to be done. And the mods that are doing it at the moment will have problems to moderate getdare and the new project alone ...
So, the simple fact is, if you need help with it i would offer to help.

Zeromus
05-03-2008, 06:23 PM
aye, age aside i believe i could help getdare. i will have acess to a comp for extended periods of time thru summer and will be, at the very least, using the site each time, so why not be helping only myself? post-wise im quite low, however i mainly only contribute when i have a valid idea or reason, as to evade spamming. (perhaps an ironic last statement)

depp
05-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest in helping out. I'll be approaching people soon. :)