PDA

View Full Version : Making a Donation.

Oreo_here
04-28-2008, 03:50 AM
People will probably think i'm silly for making a donation, but if I wanted to do this, How would I go about it(Considering i'm in the U.K and what not) and what would my money be used on? I love the site, and find it addictive! But I think it lacks in some stuff, profile wise. I think the site could go along way if funded properly.But aye, hypethetically speaking for now.

depp
04-29-2008, 03:08 PM
I do have a plan for a donation supported forum where users who donate an amount once get special features. I don't yet have it in place as I have been busy with my other project and plan to implement it there first, then take what works there and move it here. The closest thing to a donation at this time is in the user profile system under paid subscriptions (http://www.getdare.com/bbs/payments.php).

I've dragged my feet on a donation system because the site hit the point of supporting itself and then some a while ago. If such a system were to go into place my first priority would to be compensate moderation staff for their work. As it stands now extra money is put into new getDare stuff like the blogs and into the development of the secret site.

If you wanted to donate money today the money would likely no be used right away on getDare. I really am concentrating all my efforts on the new site at the moment. After it is launched and working I will come back here and do some major updates.

Oreo_here
04-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Oh, that is fine! I was just curious. But aye. I will be waiting for the updates! =)