PDA

View Full Version : I don't know where to post this

DareSgt
04-14-2008, 02:03 PM
But, when we check to send someone a private message could you some how add their age underneath that?

AverageDaniel
04-14-2008, 02:05 PM
A). This belongs in suggestions.

B). Stop being lazy and just check their profile first. If they don't have it there, they don't want just anybody to know.

SubMissChievous
04-14-2008, 02:08 PM
I will move it to getdare.com

Actually members can choose to show or not their age and/or birthdate in their profiles. If they choose not to show it then the only way is to PM them & ask them their age.

stevedare
04-14-2008, 02:22 PM
BUT - you do have the option of not letting them in th e"R" rated area because of language used or mature subject.
Can you give us the same warning tat a minor is not telling or is lying before we have mature chats or games or mail ?
it would seem only right.

SubMissChievous
04-14-2008, 02:26 PM
If they do choose not to show their age in their profiles then their age isn't shown to other users only. But staff members do have access to registration birthdates whether their age is visible or not in profiles.

AverageDaniel
04-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Well then, the solution to that is to not send PMs to people that read something like "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails. Wait until you know the person to do that.

Davros
04-14-2008, 02:58 PM
But, when we check to send someone a private message could you some how add their age underneath that?

Everyone's said it really, but it isn't hard to ask. If you don't trust 'em, don't ask and don't talk to 'em :)

SubMissChievous
04-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Another good way to have an idea of who is contacting you is to take a few minutes & check some previous posts of that person. Even though some don't have their age in their profiles members who post an ad in the s/m area must include an age & lots of members mention their age when they post in the TorD section as well.

And it's quite amusing sometimes to see that some members' ages seem to be as variable as the weather... :D

Davros
04-14-2008, 03:14 PM
And it's quite amusing sometimes to see that some members' ages seem to be as variable as the weather... :D

Please can you change my username to NewSlaveIsNow18 :) Thanks.

depp
04-16-2008, 05:27 PM
I will not be adding age as a required bit of information beyond verification to register for the site and access the private adult story section. Many people value their privacy. If you want to show your age, you can by enabling it in your profile. Don't talk to people who don't display their age or tell you their age if it bothers you.

DareSgt
04-16-2008, 06:07 PM
----------------------

SubMissChievous
04-16-2008, 06:17 PM
I think the age limit should be required. You have to register your age when you make an account so why not force it underneath the PM section. This way if someone says they are 45 or 99 we know they are lieing including when they have an avatar of them selfs.Well depp already said above that privacy is very important for some members & I have to agree with it. There are already rules concerning certain sections such as the mature stories where members under 18 cannot access & the s/m area where you have to be 16. And trust me, I do check registrations BDs quite often for this section. But as long as a member is old enough to access the site & respect the rules I don't see why they should be tagged in some sort of "under-category" or whatever...

As for the rest, well again, depp already said it : if you have a person won't say their age or you have a doubt about the age they told you then contact them.

Really, I think some members should be able to take a bit of their own responsibilities...