PDA

View Full Version : categorization in master/slave area

would like to serve
04-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi everybody,

I want to make suggestion. I looked for it, but didn't find, if there was the same thing before, just delete this post.

In the master/slave area, there are those posts like: F/Master seeks F/slave, M/slave seeks master and etc.
So, I wondered if we could put those threads into different categories which would make it easier to find what your looking for. For example all the posts in which a female master is searching a slave go in one category, all the posts where a male master seeks a slave go together and etc.

What do you think about that?

Davros
04-06-2008, 04:21 PM
It's already formatted in the title, but this would make it even easier. I like it :)

Sum
04-06-2008, 05:07 PM
I like it too, if you mean just having a set of sub-forums, like a forum for, guy dom seeking girl sub, girl dom seeking guy sub, etc etc.

Or it could be done by the location of the poster, i dunno, some kinda form that does it automatic...... (is pulled back by depp's chloroform covered handkerchief)

NS, you been to the Other Place recently? you know the stuff I'm saying eyze blud

Davros
04-06-2008, 05:14 PM
I like it too, if you mean just having a set of sub-forums, like a forum for, guy dom seeking girl sub, girl dom seeking guy sub, etc etc.

Or it could be done by the location of the poster, i dunno, some kinda form that does it automatic...... (is pulled back by depp's chloroform covered handkerchief)

NS, you been to the Other Place recently? you know the stuff I'm saying eyze blud

I haven't, but I shall visit soon... ;]
(Nothing to see here folks!)

Depp, get to work on these sub-forums!

M/Master seeks M/Slave
M/Master seeks F/Slave
F/Mistress seeks M/Slave
F/Mistress seeks F/Slave
M/Slave seeks M/Master
F/Slave seeks M/Master
M/Slave seeks M/Master
F/Slave seeks F/Mistress

That would do. The specifics (eg, webcam/ages etc) can be held within the titles like normal.

slavegal
04-06-2008, 06:25 PM
M/Master seeks M/Slave
M/Master seeks F/Slave
F/Mistress seeks M/Slave
F/Mistress seeks F/Slave
M/Slave seeks M/Master
F/Slave seeks M/Master
M/Slave seeks M/Master
F/Slave seeks F/Mistress

think you messed up their

Sum
04-06-2008, 06:49 PM
See this is the problem that you run into when you try to categorise like this. Though this list is good it hasn't mentioned anything in the way of switches, not to mention the loose boarder of definition between sub and slave and, Dom/me and Master/Mistress.

I'm not sure what the solution would be, maybe an other category, for if you don't think you belong in any of those. However, the problem with a lot of new posts is that they are placed in the wrong area as is, with increasing the complexity, comes the danger of increasing this problem. The solution to this would be a form which correctly places the post, but again i don't know if this would work with all the other little tweaks that depp has done to the original forum code.

if i was going to put money on it I'd bet that if anything were to happen it wouldn't be till the next major update, where i assume, getdare will be moving to the 3.7.x version of vBulletin

depp
04-06-2008, 07:27 PM
I actually have spent the last two days working on the code used in the slave/master section for another project of mine. Some of these improvements will likely trickle down here before too long.

I must admit that I think the current version works good for the volume of submissions we currently get. I worry a little bit that adding more sections will make it hard for posters to get wide exposure.

Hampers
04-06-2008, 08:54 PM
The other problem I see with this is that say I'm a male slave looking for a Master or Mistress, I have to check both Master seeking M/Slave, and Mistress seeking M/Slave. It might also be worth checking the replies in the Slave seeking Master/Mistress sections.
So really this makes the whole thing more arduous.
Possibly.
God, I'm tired.

give_me_dares
04-07-2008, 07:05 AM
there should also be a title of master's and slave's under 18

Davros
04-07-2008, 07:34 AM
there should also be a title of master's and slave's under 18

16-18? Why?

How about these as sections;

Slaves seeking Master/Mistress
Masters seeking Slaves
Mistresses Seeking Slaves

Three easy categories :)

would like to serve
04-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Masters seeking Slaves

I think that's a pretty good idea! It doesn't spread the threads into a lot of different section, which you all have to look through, but still makes it easier to find what you are looking for.

slavesebi
04-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Another way would be to just have...

- Females seeking Males.
- Males seeking Females.

but I vote for the option directly above.

Sum
04-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Another way would be to just have...

- Females seeking Males.
- Males seeking Females.

but I vote for the option directly above.

This i like, gives 5 clear sections;

Females seeking Males
Males seeking Females
Males seeking Males
Females seeking Females
People seeking couples

dareboy2
04-08-2008, 02:57 PM
I worry a little bit that adding more sections will make it hard for posters to get wide exposure.

just have a section that says like 10 most recent post above all the sub categories

goddes_sarah
04-20-2008, 06:11 PM
I agree with NewSlave

16-18? Why?

How about these as sections;

Masters seeking Slaves

Three easy categories :)

xStrictx
04-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Whats wrong with 2 categories

1. Slave Wanted
2. Master/Misstress Wanted

Nuff Said ;)

Hampers
04-20-2008, 06:41 PM
The Kid has a Point...

Davros
04-21-2008, 03:51 AM
Whats wrong with 2 categories
1. Slave Wanted
2. Master/Misstress Wanted

Good point, but what about if we make it even easier with genders.

Slaves seeking Masters
Slaves seeking Mistresses
Masters seeking Slaves

Nuff said ;)

Hampers
04-21-2008, 06:42 AM
But what if you don't care about gender?

xStrictx
04-21-2008, 06:44 AM
What if you're a gender bender?

lol

Davros
04-21-2008, 09:31 AM
But what if you don't care about gender?

If you want a specific slave, you tend to know what gender and age you want.

Surely, as a good Master/Mistress, you don't wake up and say "I'm gunna get a slave today" without knowing what you want their gender/age to be.

slaveblondie
04-21-2008, 10:10 AM
and surely the thread was started to make it clearer, with the empahsis on being able to choose the gender far more easily. however i do think it may get confusing with loads of different ones, i think the ones newslave suggested are the best ones. well done! :P

i think its a good idea though. :)

xx

depp
04-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Ok, I must admit I was going to blow this all off until I saw some of your awesome ideas. I like the three sub section proposal that New Slave came up with. This will most likely be what I decide to implement.

Keep in mind no work will be done on getDare's scripting until I finish my secret project. The project is almost done and I want to concentrate my free time there until launch.

Hampers
04-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Heh. I get it, Sub Section?
Ohh it's too funny.

But yes, I think that's a good one too.