PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do!

slutpup
03-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Can you guys help me? For the past week, I've felt sad all the time and only felt happy when I'm around my brother. Does it mean I'm depressed? Please, I need your help.

Slenderman - Doctor
03-30-2012, 02:48 AM
Can you guys help me? For the past week, I've felt sad all the time and only felt happy when I'm around my brother. Does it mean I'm depressed? Please, I need your help.

Not necessarily. It's extremely hard to tell based on so little information/context. It depends on what's happening in your life and your priorities and your school/work-life etc.

Just a broad tips: When not with your brother, find things to do that make you happy. Stay around other people and have a laugh about things. Don't take things too seriously. Sort any wrong priorities and put yourself first if stress from others is part of the problem.

:)

slutpup
03-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Not necessarily. It's extremely hard to tell based on so little information/context. It depends on what's happening in your life and your priorities and your school/work-life etc.

Just a broad tips: When not with your brother, find things to do that make you happy. Stay around other people and have a laugh about things. Don't take things too seriously. Sort any wrong priorities and put yourself first if stress from others is part of the problem.

:)

Okay. Thanks :) I'll try my best to keep my spirits up!

Slenderman - Doctor
03-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Okay. Thanks :) I'll try my best to keep my spirits up!

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but it's difficult without properly knowing you/your circumstances. Just try to focus on positives. If you have an iPod or something, make a new playlist of 'feel good' songs so when you're down/with other people, play that too and keep your chin up ^__^

themasterman
03-30-2012, 06:19 PM
this is what i say lifes no fun and its no fair so its ok to be sad for spans of time i mean people who are happy all the time are just faking it and its just sad for them so let sadness come along let it run its course it will eventually end at one point

austinchilds10
03-30-2012, 06:38 PM
if i were you, i would step back and look at everything iv done recently to see if i had done anything different that could have caused such a change. or has anyone said or done anything that really got to you? that whats happends to me sometimes, people say such mean things sometimes that it gets to me and im sad for a few days then come out of it. but just think to yourself that tomorrow will be better and keep moving forward.

slutpup
03-30-2012, 06:41 PM
this is what i say lifes no fun and its no fair so its ok to be sad for spans of time i mean people who are happy all the time are just faking it and its just sad for them so let sadness come along let it run its course it will eventually end at one point

Okay. I guess your right....in a way.

slutpup
03-30-2012, 06:42 PM
if i were you, i would step back and look at everything iv done recently to see if i had done anything different that could have caused such a change. or has anyone said or done anything that really got to you? that whats happends to me sometimes, people say such mean things sometimes that it gets to me and im sad for a few days then come out of it. but just think to yourself that tomorrow will be better and keep moving forward.

Well, now that I think about it, yesterday one of my friends told me something that really got to me and that's when I really started to feel horrible and sad.

themasterman
03-30-2012, 06:45 PM
Okay. I guess your right....in a way.

what do oyu mean by in a way

slutpup
03-30-2012, 06:55 PM
what do oyu mean by in a way

In some ways I see how your right. And in other ways I see how your wrong.

themasterman
03-30-2012, 06:56 PM
In some ways I see how your right. And in other ways I see how your wrong.

how am i wrong in your opinion

slutpup
03-30-2012, 06:59 PM
how am i wrong in your opinion

Well, you said to just let it happen but what if I am depressed and something really bad happens?

themasterman
03-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Well, you said to just let it happen but what if I am depressed and something really bad happens?

if your depressed you wont ever be happy but as you said you do get happy your not depressed

slutpup
03-30-2012, 07:16 PM
if your depressed you wont ever be happy but as you said you do get happy your not depressed

Okay then.......

Slenderman - Doctor
03-31-2012, 03:01 AM

That's very not true.

comicslave
03-31-2012, 03:13 AM

Thats not at all true... There are people that are way beyond depress and get happy at times which makes people think they are not depress, your statement is untrue.

It seems to me on the limited information I read, it has something to do with what was said, if that is the case it will go away over time, best thing to do is figure out why it makes you sad and try to fix it or just forget about it and be happy on your own.

CollaredBlondie
03-31-2012, 03:14 AM
That's very not true.

Quoted for truth.

To the OP - hon, you've seemed to have figured out what made you sad. That's a good thing! If it keeps making you said, then I think maybe you should talk to the person that said it.

~Blondie

theone
03-31-2012, 04:54 AM
What you describe seems to be what is generally called “reactive depression” the Americans call it “situational depression.” It would also seem that you are beginning to experience mild symptoms at the moment, sadness, melancholy negative thoughts, etc. It would be best for you to take some time to make a few life changes in regards to finding some time to relax, get involved in some distractions, eat healthy and make sure you get some daily exercise. Taking these steps now will most often prevent the need for a course of medication later. Antidepressant medication is not as bad as a lot of people think, usually involving something like serotonin reuptake inhibitors. Nevertheless they can have some side effects and from your profile you seem quite young yet. So first try basic lifestyle change and if no improvement occurs see your doctor who may be able to offer you some professional counselling service.

Endu
03-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Well, now that I think about it, yesterday one of my friends told me something that really got to me and that's when I really started to feel horrible and sad.

You are a doll. I hope my daughter turns out to be just like you.

Let me explain something, sweetheart. :)

I think you're a very sensitive, giving girl. And when you're sensitive like that, it's easy to get hurt by what people say. Getting mad just creates more problems, right? So what do you do when you feel you can't do anything with those feelings?

When someone hurts your feelings, or makes you angry, and you keep those feelings bottled up, sometimes it turns into sadness and you end up feeling bad about yourself.

So you can't keep those feelings bottled up.

You need to find someone you can talk to and vent those feelings to. Someone who understands.

When I was growing up, my mom used to tell me that I had a special light that I carried. Everyone else was drawn to that light, like a lighthouse guiding ships home. So when you're feeling bad about yourself, just keep in mind that you have something special others don't - your sensitivity is proof of that.

Madelyne
03-31-2012, 12:26 PM

Quite wrong. You can STILL be happy and be depressed. There are days when you might be depressed, and then there are other days where things might not look so bad and you can still laugh and smile. Depression isn't just a solid thing.

slutpup
03-31-2012, 01:01 PM
Sorry I couldn't be more help, but it's difficult without properly knowing you/your circumstances. Just try to focus on positives. If you have an iPod or something, make a new playlist of 'feel good' songs so when you're down/with other people, play that too and keep your chin up ^__^

What else do you want to know?

slutpup
03-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Thats not at all true... There are people that are way beyond depress and get happy at times which makes people think they are not depress, your statement is untrue.

It seems to me on the limited information I read, it has something to do with what was said, if that is the case it will go away over time, best thing to do is figure out why it makes you sad and try to fix it or just forget about it and be happy on your own.

Okay. I know what makes me sad. But the person that said the thing in the first place talks about it every once in a while. At least twice a day.

slutpup
03-31-2012, 01:09 PM
Quoted for truth.

To the OP - hon, you've seemed to have figured out what made you sad. That's a good thing! If it keeps making you said, then I think maybe you should talk to the person that said it.

~Blondie

I want to talk to her. I really do. But I wouldn't know how to tell her without hurting her. I almost lost a friend when I tried telling her something like this and I don't want that to happen again.

slutpup
03-31-2012, 01:13 PM
You are a doll. I hope my daughter turns out to be just like you.

Let me explain something, sweetheart. :)

I think you're a very sensitive, giving girl. And when you're sensitive like that, it's easy to get hurt by what people say. Getting mad just creates more problems, right? So what do you do when you feel you can't do anything with those feelings?

When someone hurts your feelings, or makes you angry, and you keep those feelings bottled up, sometimes it turns into sadness and you end up feeling bad about yourself.

So you can't keep those feelings bottled up.

You need to find someone you can talk to and vent those feelings to. Someone who understands.

When I was growing up, my mom used to tell me that I had a special light that I carried. Everyone else was drawn to that light, like a lighthouse guiding ships home. So when you're feeling bad about yourself, just keep in mind that you have something special others don't - your sensitivity is proof of that.

Awwwwww! Thanks! :) That really lifted my spirits up! I talk to people but the problem is that the person I usually talk to is the one who said the thing in the first place.

theone
04-01-2012, 04:55 AM
With respect you are still dwelling on the problem too much and too much introspection is not good. All people really tend to do in such circumstances is to attract the council of other sympathetic people. We all need good and helpful advice but sometimes simple diversions are the answer. It clears the mind and brings the problem back into perspective, allowing you to deal and cope with the issues more effectively. Constant wallowing and overactive introspection over long periods will produce some stress that leads to mild depression. It’s just simple brain chemistry, and it’s how our brains work. Really, do something to relax for a day or too and you will be able to focus much better and use the advice you have been given by others in a more objective way.

slutpup
04-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Well guys, I've found out from a few people that I'm not depressed. I'm just sad a lot! Do you guys know anything I can do to stop being sad?