PDA

View Full Version : small note...

Zeromus
03-31-2008, 08:14 PM
i happened to glace at a sticky and on this particular one, it had, among other things, rules for the avatars. notably, in some cases, this is seemingly ignored. do not think im out to get anybody, because i am not. just a tidbit that i find amusing. :p

tyhtyhghty
04-01-2008, 07:34 AM
what? that makes no sense! re-write it please.

Sum
04-01-2008, 07:42 AM
It makes perfect sense. What he's saying is, that in the site rules there is a section, which covers avatars. These are the pictures you can set that come up by your name when you post.

Here are aforementioned rules;

Your avatar must be appropriate for all ages to view.
Your avatar may not contain anything suggestive.

I personally haven't seen too many breaches of this rule, and, the ones i have i have reported, or commented about.

The thing i think about these rules is that the words appropriate and suggestive are highly subjective. What one person may consider to be inappropriate and or suggestive to another is fine.

SubMissChievous
04-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Here, it's pretty much up to each mods to use their best judgments in interpreting the rules. I haven't a lot of avatars the infringed them personally, I think I've deleted only 2 since last december. But if you find one is offensive you should report it to staff members.

Zeromus
04-02-2008, 02:27 PM
its not that i find them ofensive, its just that i likely interpret the rules differently.

Collared_Slave
04-02-2008, 02:42 PM
I think mine might have something suggestive in it :(

SubMissChievous
04-02-2008, 04:44 PM
its not that i find them ofensive, its just that i likely interpret the rules differently.Okay but then again, like I said in my earlier post, if you feel there's a problem with it then what you should do is address it to the staff directly. Because I find what you're saying a bit unclear... You mentioned that the rules on avatars are "seemingly ignored" at least on your own interpretation of them but don't explain your thought furthermore... The thing is that I can't answer better without knowing what you mean exactly & I'm not even sure what's the purpose of your thread to be honest... :confused:

MasterPain
04-02-2008, 04:57 PM
just a tidbit that i find amusing

there is no point to this thread but this fact.. its amusing to him and he wants to voice this :-P

Zeromus
04-02-2008, 07:29 PM
aye, i suppose you're right, if an avatar has "comic relief" to me that's fine but half naked shots only is borderline. so now that ive explained, i suppose im satisfied.