PDA

View Full Version : "touching" insecurity

koleidoscope_eyes
03-06-2012, 09:24 PM
If you haven't guessed from the quotation marks, I'm talking about masturbation.
Even though I'm well aware of the fact that tons of women touch themselves, some I heard even do it a number of times in just one day. Then there's me who'll do it once a day for a couple of days and then not do it weeks apart. The reason for this is because it embarrasses me and once I'm done I feel dirty, ugly, and perverted. It most likely has to do with my insecurity with my body but I digress.
Is there a way to convince myself that there's nothing wrong with it without feeling embarrassed or ashamed?

TheLittleStrawberry
03-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Hm.... can you tell us your age? ^^
I don't know how you can get over your touching insecurity. We all have or had them. I was super insecure about it... I remember I found masturbation though by accident. I was showering, and cleaning myself down there.... and I noticed it felt good. I think I was about 14 years old. mind you, at that time I had no interest in guys whatsoever. My interest in guys only really perked up at age 16.

Anyway, as I noticed it felt good, I laid down back into the water, and tried out this new thing that felt good :p ... I played around with the water power and different angles, and then I noticed how this good feeling overwhelmed my body and my clit. It wasnt my first clitoral orgasm though. For some reason I get them in my sleep, and I have ever since I was little(no idea why, as I dont generally have sexy dreams).

Anyway. I think that day... I spent an hour in the bath, just having multiple orgasms, totally depleted afterwards and I spent the rest of the day mulling it over. I was pretty sure that what I had done was what people called masturbation. And so, I got a bit shy about it. it didn't help that at some point my sister had spied on me, and then teased me with it afterwards. Though I do like the response I gave her: "At least I found masturbation before you, and you're older than me."

I didn't really ever feel ugly about it. But I will tell you that sometimes cumming can make me overwhelmed with depression. I think it may be because of the many hormones in play. Also I cant really get to climax without a vibrator.

Anyway... Nuff about that. Dunno why I'm sharing that ^^ I dunno if it helps or intimidates you.

Now..... why is it that you feel bad feelings after masturbating? Masturbating is perfectly healthy. Are you religious? Is your family conservative?

Either way, there's no universal truth for what is evil or good. And think about it... if you're not hurting anyone, then why feel bad? :)

Almost everyone masturbates. And Im not afraid of admitting it outright when people ask. Neither should you be.

Masturbating releases tensions and stress hormones. It's basically having sex... but with yourself :) And sex is good... natural. When you like it of course. Do it because you want to. Do it because you want to explore your own sensuality. No one can judge you in your alone time but you. And you should really try to see the good things in yourself.

I don't look perfect or anything... But I've found an excersize that helps me... I spend about 30 minutes in front of the mirror. Naked. And I explore myself. I explore the parts of myself that I like and I love them. I appreciate myself. And I appreciate the fact that I deserve to feel good like anyone else. I like my lips, my legs.... My fingers... My nose. Kind of untraditional... I like lightly touching myself :) and treating myself like the little kitten that I am.

Find something that makes you appreciate yourself.. and turn it into something sensual. You can do the dirtiest acts and still remain innocent if you have the right attitude. And the right attitude is: Im doing this for me, because I like it and I accept that.

I did some pretty nasty things with my ex. Which I somewhat regret. But at the same time. I dont feel I lost any of my innocence... because I never had any bad intentions with it. I simply wanted to explore myself and my limits. And I found out what my limits were just then. And now I'm more in tune than before.

So why don't you just stop worrying about feeling dirty? ^^ Feel happy. Feel like a goddess... or a kitten.... Or a rabbit. Any cute picture you can muster up. Use that image and project it on yourself. Project the good parts of your personality and project them on yourself.

Sometimes we are also afraid of the unknown. I used to be afraid of spiders. But then I saw a very fascinating documentary about them, and now I really love spiders :) They are beautiful creatures.
Same goes for masturbation. It seems like you're a bit sheltered. So I'd suggest buying a book for girls regarding it, or reading the sex-sections in girl magazines :p

Here's a link regarding masturbation if you're interested:
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/info-for-teens/sex-masturbation/myths-facts-about-masturbation-33824.htm

Ok I'm gonna stop typing now, before this turns into a novel :p Im sure much of what I said doesn't even relate, but I'm willing to talk further if you elaborate a bit more on your situation.

Love yourself :)