Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge > Advice Section

View Poll Results: That you contribute to an "add" thread at all and more frequently is ...
More likely if it involves people you know 33 78.57%
Less likely if the thread is already old or already has plenty of posts 15 35.71%
Less likely if the thread misses 5 stars and plenty of views and posts 1 2.38%
More likely if you have more options what to add 18 42.86%
Less likely if it is open to add for only some days 9 21.43%
Less likely if it is open to add for weeks or more 9 21.43%
More likely if offers plenty of additional chances and privileges to add more and special tasks 20 47.62%
Less likely if it has a long description or plenty of options 10 23.81%
Less likely if it involves tasks in your dislikes or limits 18 42.86%
Unlikely at all, because you aren't interest in such threads in general 4 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2018, 02:56 PM   #1
CSasha
Oracle

Default What motivates you to contribute to an "add" thread?

What makes it more likely to post at all and more often, and what makes it less likely? I want to know to improve the "add" threads I set up in the future.

By "add" thread I mean one of those threads where each user post adds a certain task to one or more targeted users, I call victims here. For example this "add" thread.

Please feel free to post any additional feedback here.

Many many thanks

Looking for some kinky roulette?

My Likes and Limits short list

My pronouns are it/its

If you spam me disrespecting my profile, or grammar, or spelling, or asking for play or relationship without previous context, punch your genitals 20 times as hard as you can.
CSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to CSasha for this post:
Old 04-18-2018, 03:04 PM   #2
lola.fox
♡ limited edition - cock tease barbie ♡

i like to post when there's an exciting twist or when i see those people commenting on a lot of other peoples posts - it's like good karma. i also like when there's a bit of a competitive vibe going on.. that makes it stay really interesting!

i don't like to contribute when half the thread is the OP/recipient is spamming a lot or pretending they don't want anyone to comment on the post..but really do - which is evident by their 10 consecutive posts in a row .

i’m a pint-sized lady with not so tiny curves who despises mindless small talk, men who ask for things they don't deserve, and women who have a penchant for gossip.
lola.fox is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to lola.fox for this post:
Old 04-18-2018, 03:11 PM   #3
CSasha
Oracle

Many thanks, lola.fox. I expect a lot details like your input that I haven't even considered yet.

Also, the added poll took me a while to bring it up. Sorry for that.

And thanks for moving this thread in the right section.

My pronouns are it/its

If you spam me disrespecting my profile, or grammar, or spelling, or asking for play or relationship without previous context, punch your genitals 20 times as hard as you can.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:16 PM   #4
lola.fox
♡ limited edition - cock tease barbie ♡

no worries i don't often participate in those threads just because i generally don't skim through the forums regularly, but when i do i can be fickle . i do love seeing reasonings behind why certain threads work, because it's very hit or miss on gD.

i’m a pint-sized lady with not so tiny curves who despises mindless small talk, men who ask for things they don't deserve, and women who have a penchant for gossip.
lola.fox is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to lola.fox for this post:
Old 04-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #5
Vodin30
getDare Devil

For me, When I consider adding to an "add" thread the first thing I do is look to see if they have added to other and or contributed to other threads. I will not post to threads where all they do is continually ask for people to add to their stuff or give them tasks but never contribute to other peoples threads

trapped in the vulnerable thread until June 20

Limits: family, friends, animals, scat, under age, social suicide. Permanent markings.

feel free to send me an email, PM, or kik me
Vodin30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:53 PM   #6
Dman1212
Butterfly’s Edging Bitch

I dont add to them too often but if its a very well thought out and described event then I do make a point to add to it. If its just a vague thread without details or if theres too much going on and its hard to follow what exactly the point is, I just hit the back button and dont add to anything. I'm also more likely to add to someones thread if i know the victims..
Old 04-18-2018, 10:34 PM   #7
Pariahterror
Prodigy

Since puppy will be forced into it, puppy will post and try to post a lot. But he likes it when he can talk with people. But when too many people post, I wil lose a bit of interest since it is harder to talk to eachother in the thread.

Fun and creative options are also what puppy likes about it and ofcourse the interaction between the victims and the posters.

And too many rules or added rules make it harder since with a lot of people posting it can be easily missed.

Likes: Denial / Spanking / Petplay / body writing / Sensory Deprivation / Crossdressing / Hidden public / Hypnosis
Neutral: Diapers / Messy / Cornertime / Bladder control / Pee / pictures
Curious: Humiliation / Self-bondage / hidden public outing
Dislikes: Linewriting
Limits: Permanent / Family / Face / Video/Cam / Illegal
For more: Likes / toys

PM dares

Progress of 1000 thread

KIK: Pariahterror

Pariahterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:51 PM   #8
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

I'm usually not interested in the add-threads. I think these threads are popular because it's relatively easy to contribute to the thread and it's a great way to interact with other users. Definitely more fun than posting a dare on a thread asking for one and never receiving any feedback.

But when I do post on an add-thread, I usually post when not many users have already posted on it. I'm also more tempted to post when reports are provided frequently or when there's a count going on. Watching a count going up each time someone posts is more appealing than users posting "+5" each time. This also saves time because you don't have to count manually.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:00 AM   #9
nina@
getDare Succubus

There are a couple of factors that motivate me to post in 'add' threads

1) The thread has to be interesting and not a repeat of a model that has been previously adopted by many users.

2) The poster is someone I feel has put in genuine but rational efforts or is a new user trying to reach out with a very nice thread but has less loyal posters/friends though it is not always easy to spot such threads with few replies

3) Someone who has previously posted in my threads as I strongly believe in "quid pro quo" in such anonymous platforms. Like vodin30 said, even I don't like when people behave like entitled ones expecting everyone to post in their threads while never bothering to post back in others as posting is caring!

4) The thread is not very demanding on posters, like time consuming by asking posters to come up with dares or requires the posters to participate in dares or very long complicated set of rules for posters too.

5) The dares/ tasks solicited do not go overboard to the extent that it seems that the goal is to acquire as many dares/ posts/ tasks for the victim or the thread without paying consideration to doability, time constraints, quality etc. In nutshell I do not prefer posting in threads driven by quantity rather than quality though both together is acceptable.

6) An organised first post updated with links is always better when people join a thread late rather than some rules being added in latter posts scattered in the thread, but this preference could be due to my OCD..lol

Last edited by nina@; 04-19-2018 at 01:00 AM.
nina@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:55 AM   #10
MarvHarvey
Truth or Dare Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to MarvHarvey

Good questions. Here is my quick input. I hope some of it makes sense.
  1. It is more fun if you know people involved.
  2. It is less fun if it seems to become a private club where you feel like the few main participants have their own secret little thing going on.
  3. It is not so much fun if the system gets too boring after a few days.
  4. It is not easy and sometimes boring to participate heavily, with hundreds of posts, for weeks at a time. I only did that when I was sick and bored!
  5. It is hard to add if it is too complex.
  6. It can be hard to figure them out - so sometimes I just add a few because I know the people, but can't take time to learn the system.
    1. Look at how some threads have only a few big big posters and not many with small additions: the small posters are either confused or feel like it is for the private club to figure out and post.
  7. It is nice to try something new.
  8. It is nice to add to new threads - and I sometimes add a few for strangers just to see if it gets going.
    1. I often add dares for new threads, just to help new threads get going, especially for newbies or strangers.
  9. It seems a bit odd to just add thousands and thousands of the same thing.
MarvHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to MarvHarvey for this post:
Old 04-19-2018, 09:04 AM   #11
knorke
Glitter Princess

I usually vote on add threads when I stumble upon them (which is rarely; and pretty much mostly for links posted in chat).

I post on them if they're at least a little interesting, I at least heard of the people involved, they're not running forever and if there's at least a decent chance an attempt will be made to do whatever the add thread is for (which, admittedly, I have been disappointed with in the past).

Then again, I feel like people underestimate how crazy those threads get when a lot of people show interest; it's a reason why I'm not creating such threads - because even if I did, I probably wouldn't want a lot of people to post.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:51 PM   #12
qmu
getDare Devil

[Possible unpopular opinions and rant ahead. You've been warned]

I agree with everything Marv said, adding some other things.

Long threads with constant rule changing or "rewards" for keep posting makes the "you are an outsider" or "you are not part of the secret club" feelings even worse and for me just promote the "secret club" where only a handful of people will ever post.

If there are rule changes a thread, edit the first post! And if the edit limit was over it costs nothing to politely PM a mod to edit it for you so to not confuse possible new posters. Also people screaming "that's not how you post, you are wrong, go way!" makes things even more awkward.

This is personal, but for me I will stop posting in threads that I think got past a "too much" point or became more like bullying someone than adding to their fun. No matter if the person says he is enjoying it and think will be able to do it, I simply can't add to something that I think is a bad idea like 1000+ edges, 10000+ spanks, etc. Which is why I advocate to have a "escape clause" or "panic button" in the sense that "it got out of control, I will not be able to do it". Kinda like a safeword. I like to post more in threads of people I know exactly because I can ask them directly if it is too much, and stop or actively make people stop, or post reductions, etc.

That is because there will always be both the peer pressure and being honor-bound to actually do the whatever crazy thing you got yourself into. Also people asking "how's it going?" or asking for reports for something that in fantasy sounded arousing and fun, but in reality is impossible, and past the end of the thread the interaction vanishes and most of the time it's only you posting reports. I've seem people quit the forum for a time (from burn out) or permanently before because of that.

Most of these threads also get to a point for me that is "why even bother?". I mean, what difference does it make if the person has to do 1532 instead of 1531 edges? Both are crazy unrealistic goals that is not a dare or playfulness anyway. That from a single thread in a random forum and something not even in a serious ds relationship I'd do, so even if people enjoy it I can't be part of it.

Sorry, rant over ^^.
  • I am in my late twenties
  • I have no idea what my sexuality is, something in the middle of bi, pan and asexual
  • I really like books, games, role playing, swords and silly/cute things
  • My likes/dislikes/limits and PM Dares need rewriting... but I am lazy and don't think will need them soon
  • Damion is this awesome guy who is my friend and master
qmu
qmu is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to qmu for this post:
Old 04-19-2018, 04:05 PM   #13
CSasha
Oracle

Don't be sorry, gmu. Every perspective is valid. Thanks for bringing yours up.

My pronouns are it/its

The following user says Thank You to CSasha for this post:
Old 04-19-2018, 05:55 PM   #14
apr_ska

Lots of really good points brought up here, Marv and qmu especially! I couldn't put my finger on why I avoided add threads until this thread here. There is definitely a clique-y feel to some, and can get outrageously high with some numbers (after 12682 days of denial, doesn't it just become... normal?) So for that I voted for opportunities to add special tasks. If it's done in a way that doesn't over complicate the rules, it sounds exciting and would definitely make me more interested!

(Sorry, not currently accepting new applications for subs!)

Kik: arp_ska

Likes, Dislikes, Limits
Bondage, discipline, pussy worship, sensation play, nipple play, orgasm control, clothing control, hidden public, slave training, hypno

Spanking/pain, denial, humiliation, lines/corner, anal, roleplay

Extended kneeling or standing in heels, needles/tacks, illegal, chemical play, messy/food, photos, permanent, friends & family, public, toilet related/unsanitary

Last edited by apr_ska; 04-19-2018 at 05:57 PM.
apr_ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:10 AM   #15
MarvHarvey
Truth or Dare Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to MarvHarvey

I like what qmu said. I think he described some of my feelings very well...better than I did. He was more direct about the complexity issue.

And I agree on the need to keep it realistic in scale of tasks. I know that some people can indeed take on such numbers, but are the numbers really meaningful in most cases, or do they just turn off posters?

Cass, I can point you back to one of the earlier "add" threads, the big ColdToes thread of a couple of years ago. I am sure you remember it well. (For others: He got what: 12,000 edges to be done on cam, plus a lot of other stuff. He did a few then vanished. He was so excited and carried along in the thread, but the poor young guy was overwhelmed by it.)
MarvHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to MarvHarvey for this post:

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
add threads, motivation, poll, posting games, survey