Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 07-13-2014, 05:05 AM   #1
Komodo Jones
getDare Succubus

Default Problems with kik

While I think this should be posted here due to the somewhat sexual nature of this question, I'm sure the mods will move it if it is in the wrong section.

Anyway, for a long time msn messenger was the "thing", then it was Skype, now it's kik. I'm reading an ad usually in the s/m forums and I'm like hey this person sounds like they could work at the bottom of the ad, "just give me your kik and we'll see if we match." *disgusted sigh, hit the back button* Am I the only one who has a severe limitation by not having kik? Seriously, there are so many people out there that require you have a kik. Some of us don't have smartphones, yet we are so willing to submit...and well we can't. You can still reach us at any point you want to and get pictures from us it's some new-fangled thing called texting. Sure it's not as real-time as kik, at least I don't think it is, because I honestly don't have a smartphone nor do I really want to get one... So I guess the main question once again is does anyone else suffer a limitation of availability by having kik? And I guess a question for those requiring it, why? Sure you can reach us at anytime that way, but as I said before texting is available, and, why, are other forms of communication (e-mail, yahoo, Skype) not good enough?

38/male/partially bi/switch
D/s Status: Protector, Dom and Daddy of pixie.dust

I love meeting new, nice, smart people. I communicate through Discord mainly.

What are my limits/likes/supplies?
Click here!

Check Out my Literary Works
Targeting the Ignored [Fiction]
Some Stuff I've Done (Non-Fiction)
Komodo Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:14 AM   #2
muffinfairy
getDare Devil

Bug

Times change, routes of communication change and expectations change. It doesn't mean that everyone wants the same thing, there will still be plenty of people out there with different modes of communication. I suspect people find a phone more personal and accessible than a computer now and that is the reason for their desire to use it.

The alternative is that everyone is spiteful and hates you, personally.

Masturbation 101:
[22:35:44] BettyBoop: It is really hard to get off.
[22:36:19] BettyBoop: I find that using a small piece of sellotape is the best way

http://ask.fm/muffinfairy
Snap: penis4fuffin {if you wish to snap penis or similar}
Snap: muffinfairy {add your username if spamming me}
KIK: muffinfairy {all rarely checked}

Territory Signature=Close **
muffinfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:26 AM   #3
truthpick

Try flipping your argument. Not everyone has Skype or yahoo.
text may not be free for some people, especially long distance texts
email is not real time

if you really feel limited by not having kik... Download an android emulator and run kik from there.

Limits: cam/pic, anal, family, public, messy, permanent, illegal, pee, poo

Miss's titty kitty

For inquiries about this foxy kitty,
please contact
Miss Ly Ph

truthpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:43 AM   #4
yournaughtydaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthpick View Post
if you really feel limited by not having kik... Download an android emulator and run kik from there.

Truthpick has a very good point ~ bluestacks is a free android emulator which I run on my pc because kik doesn't run well on my smartphone
Old 07-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #5
Lucie

Yeah, I don't get this kik mania too. For me it is horrible pain in the *** to actually write something longer then two sentences on smart phone (I got 4.5 inch display) when I got full range keyboard in front of me. Just don't get it.

But then again, I'm girl. When guy doesn't want to use something else, there is still someone else who would, lol.
Lucie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:26 PM   #6
drwarschauu
getDare Devil

I only got my smartphone this January. And boy, am I glad I did! Before I got it, I only got to talk on Yahoo when I was on my pc and had it open. I would just miss people. And I had to stayed glued to my desk chair to communicate.

One of the first things I did when I got my phone was downloading and installing kik. I noticed how much it was being used on getDare. Didn't really get why to begin with, but I thought I'd just go with the flow with this one. I decided to put it in my signature too. Who knows who'll add me.
Since then, I've had some of the most lovely people you can imagine contact me through there after they saw it in my signature! I have had the best conversations there. Of course I still like typing on a keyboard better and for play sesions or more detailed chats, I'll boot up Yahoo. But I'm constantly connected to my getDare friends through kik now, sending and receiving messages all day long now. Small little updates, just having fun, snapping pictures of what is happening. It's perfect.

Long story short: I didn't get it either, but now I love it. Give it a try, you might like it!

PM dares
drwarschauu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:59 AM   #7
Lucie

That is good point, that on kik everyone can contact you everywhere. If you translate it into my feelings, everyone can bother you everywhere. Thanks, but no thanks.

I kind of hate this era, when people think they MUST answer the phone, skype or reply instantly on any message. I always laugh so hard when I see people desperately looking for ringing phone in purse, acting like they will get shot if they don't answer in time.

That is the reason I will never get kik. I want to have conversation when I feel like having one, not on my ride from work or when I'm relaxing in the park. Sometime I don't even have my phone with me, when I go out and I could not care less about anyone who is trying to call me.

For me, instant messenger is something different then for younger generation, that is why I will never get kik.
Lucie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:20 PM   #8
Literally
getDare Sweetheart

Preface: I am a very social person and love interaction in all it's forms so having a smart phone and using kik seems like a great opportunity.

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is that kik is free, brain-dead simple, and completely anonymous. The same cannot be said for texting. I would much rather not give out personal information to literally anyone and everyone, but at the same time would love anyone and everyone to have the chance to contact me.

Another point is that mobile is out pacing desktops. I love my desktop and will probably always have one, but I also have a smartphone and a tablet. Many younger not so tech savvy people have a mobile device as their primary/only means of communication and internet browsing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucie View Post
That is the reason I will never get kik. I want to have conversation when I feel like having one, not on my ride from work or when I'm relaxing in the park. Sometime I don't even have my phone with me, when I go out and I could not care less about anyone who is trying to call me.
To each their own, but I have plenty of times where I cannot or do not want to chat and so I ignore the notifications, turn off the notifications, or mute my phone. All of which are simply and easy options.
Literally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:53 PM   #9
Hawkward

I'm on the same boat here.

Due to my free time being spent at home, I'm almost always at my computer, so I don't really feel I'd get the benefit of a smartphone. Plus I spend about £5 every three months on a top-up.

If I had more use of my phone, then maybe I'd consider a smartphone, but I just don't see any incentive that interests me enough at this stage - though I won't deny I'd love to have one, but I'd just be paying more than what I'd use it for.

Heck even my mum has a more technologically advanced phone than my descendent of a Nokia 3310.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #10
Jah Brother
Distinguished Member

See it as an investment

If I send all the messages I did via kik or whatsapp via SMS I would've costed me 4 times my phone costs so far if not more
Jah Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:38 AM   #11
Happy Me

I love kik because it allows my long-distance dommy and I to chat for free when we are out of the house (which is a lot). I also like being able to chat with random internet people anonymously and easily block them if they are creepy.

I also think there is a PC version for people who don't have smart phones, I have never checked for it, but had a friend who was using it. This allowed him to chat with other people while they were outside of the house (without them giving out their phone numbers.)

Same as was stated above, if I can't chat or don't want to, I just... Don't?

Advertisements
Kink Talk