Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Dares

Old 06-05-2014, 09:27 AM   #1
forrest.livingston8
Distinguished Member

Sign New To getDare? This Is Your First Dare!

Howdy, and welcome to the site! First I'll provide you with some educational material, and afterwards I will supply you with a dare.

Likes, Dislikes, And Limits: A Primer

One of the most important aspects of being a member of this site is having a list of things that you like, things that you dislike, and things that you will not do which we call "limits".

A like is something that you specifically enjoy. When formulating a dare or task, your likes should be pulled from to make it a fun experience for everyone involved. For example, orgasming is a relatively universal like (with minor exceptions, of course).

A dislike is something that you specifically do not enjoy. When formulating a task or a punishment, your dislikes should be pulled from to make failure an experience that you will never forget. For example, nipple torture is a very common dislike (with exceptions of course).

A limit is something that you specifically will not do (except for rare situations where you wish to "push" or "break" a limit and give specific permission for that). When formulating a dare, task, or punishment, your limits should be guidelines to keep things within your own range of comfort. For example, pictures are an extremely common limit (with exceptions of course).

Additionally, people will often break down their likes into "loves" and "likes", and their dislikes into "hates" and "dislikes". The "loves" and "hates" are used to define the more extreme of the two cases. If you have a lot of likes and dislikes, this is a great way to help people see EXACTLY what you really like and really dislike. These will not be directly covered in this dare.

Now that you understand about likes, dislikes, and limits, you're ready to start and complete your first dare!

First Dare: Figure Out Your Likes/Dislikes/Limits And Create A Signature

You will find ten likes, ten dislikes, and five limits. This will require that you spend some time considering all of the possible fetishes you could expose yourself to, which you may figure out by using your imagination, by review the Reference Material's Fetish List section, or by browsing the forums and looking at what other dares/etc other people perform/assign, and also by reviewing other people's signatures for their own likes/dislikes/limits.

If you see a like/dislike/limit and aren't sure what it is, PM the person that mentioned it/has it on their signature to ask them about it.

You will add these to your signature. Refer to the Reference Material's Signature Tutorial entry for how to update your signature.

To figure out if something is a like, a dislike, or a limit, you will perform it once for at least fifteen minutes. Your performance may be limited to thinking about it, or actually performing the action (this is preferred). Don't list anything unless you have actively considered it. Don't make any snap judgments about a fetish without thinking it through first.

You will report back to this thread after you have figured out each of your likes/dislikes/limits, and how you decided on them. It will likely be best if you write down about each one after you test and confirm where it lays on your like/dislike/limit scale.

Reference Material

Signature tutorial:

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=70684

Fetish lists:

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=70681
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=70742
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=70743
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=70744

Your Signature And You!, a guide to signatures starring Fran the neophyte piņata.
So You Want To Request A Dare?, some guidelines on how to dare to be dared.
forrest.livingston8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 14 users say Thank You to forrest.livingston8 for this post:
Old 06-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #2
SweetTeen
getDare Addict

Vote for sticky! :P
Old 06-06-2014, 12:55 AM   #3
Yakov Danut

You add this to your signature, I'm assuming!? Sorry kinda new here...
Yakov Danut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:26 AM   #4
forrest.livingston8
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakov Danut View Post
Yup!

Look at the "Signature Tutorial" here: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=70684

Your Signature And You!, a guide to signatures starring Fran the neophyte piņata.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:41 PM   #5
Schwink
getDare Sweetheart

I've never had a personalized dare, but I've made a dare and participated in public dares.
Schwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #6
Damion

Well, I went through the whole fetish list checking each one. Needed to trim my sig quite a bit before it'd fit the limit
kik: TimonBerkowits
PM DARES

Likes: Humiliation, bondage, bukkake, body writing, pics, sph, cuckold, collars/leashes, contests, bets/wagers, underwear, lovense, hypno, abdl, little.

Dislikes: Stress positions, deep throating, tickling, pain, Watersports.

Limits: Family, Face, public, exposure, permanent, scat, Hamtaro, interfering with work/sleep,

I can't touch without permission from my partner.
Damion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:00 AM   #7
forrest.livingston8
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damion View Post
Well, I went through the whole fetish list checking each one. Needed to trim my sig quite a bit before it'd fit the limit
As a side note, if you still have the original: A blog post with your complete list of likes/dislikes/limits would be a great way for someone who wants to learn more about you to get the full scoop!

Old 06-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #8
babybitch
Account Banned

This is so great i'm so glad that you made, I had no idea about this stuff when i first joined

Punishments: Extreme Pain, Spanking, Corner Time, Messing, Writing Lines

Hard Limits: Public, Scat Play, Social Suicide, Topping, Blood, Illegal, Permanent, Penetration, Messy orgasm edge

If you PM me asking me for dares I will personally track you down and hack your fucking balls off with my fingernails and make you eat them. If your a girl I will just potato mash you to death.
babybitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #9
Damion

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrest.livingston8 View Post
As a side note, if you still have the original: A blog post with your complete list of likes/dislikes/limits would be a great way for someone who wants to learn more about you to get the full scoop!
Thanks for the idea! Posted
kik: TimonBerkowits
PM DARES

Likes: Humiliation, bondage, bukkake, body writing, pics, sph, cuckold, collars/leashes, contests, bets/wagers, underwear, lovense, hypno, abdl, little.

Dislikes: Stress positions, deep throating, tickling, pain, Watersports.

Limits: Family, Face, public, exposure, permanent, scat, Hamtaro, interfering with work/sleep,

I can't touch without permission from my partner.
Damion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:06 AM   #10
Veridian

Done! This is a great post. I also agree it should be sticky!

For the most part this was really easy for me and I already had a lot of this outlined in my head just from past experience. The main problem was that I kept surpassing the character count, haha.

Loves <3 Crossdressing, lingerie, d/s, anal, pics/video

Likes Makeup, orgasm control, body writing, pet play, age play, diapers (don't have any)

Dislikes Messy, cum, mild pain, humiliation, food play, large enema

Limits Public, face pic, illegal, hard pain, blood, piss, scat

I have panties, bras, pantyhose, belts, collar, chain/leash, buttplug

Feel free to request pics

xxx
Veridian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:14 PM   #11
kittenlyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakov Danut View Post
I'd just like to make a quick note that it's not REQUIRED that you add it to your signature or make a blog post. It's highly recommended for obvious reasons, especially if you intend to participate in threads.

If there's any reason you don't want to post your likes and limits, etc. for all to see, you can still make this list and share it with anyone you feel needs to know. There are a few programs (I use Evernote, I know someone else uses GoogleDocs) that allow you to maintain notes where only you have access to them, as well as being able to provide a link to them if you DO decide to share them.

Just in case there's someone out there like me who's too shy and/or private to post this information for everyone to see, but would still like to be able to share it with particular individuals.

The Food Vixen Queen of (IN)Sensitivity Queen of Procrastination Certified Gummy Bear Surgeon

Firmly denies all accusations of being: cute, adorable, darling, and an eruptor.

The most curious thing you ever saw.
labels
kittenlyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #12
Shibari
getDare Sweetheart

you. are. Great! Lovely to see you helping people out

Rope, Shibari/kinbaku.

I kiss my enemies lips, while I dance in the flames of the devil, worship the Dominant that guides while I suffer at His feet.
Shibari is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
dare, first dare, getting started, new member, newbie